It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is peace being undermined in our country?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Yep, this is about Occupy. I've noticed from watching both media feeds with commentary, and the Occupy feeds of the recent evictions that they are both telling very different stories. Yet they both agree, that peace is being preserved. They do not however agree on the amount of stiff treatment from police, and the amount of illegal activities going on in the area. MSM has mentioned drugs and so many other bad things about Occupy, and ignored the peacefulness of the movement.

This concerns me because future groups of protesters, no matter what organization will start to realize, why be peaceful if it just gets you slandered and swept aside? Is big business trying to undermine these movements to preserve their excessive way of life? I think so. Do you think it will result in less than peaceful protesting in the future? I can see that happening eventually. The people are certainly being swayed by MSM, which is owned by the machine, of that I am sure. They are effectively tyeing the hands of anyone wanting to make a peaceful statement or revolution. At what point will people start to realize that peace is not the best answer to making a statement, and when can we expect the peacefulness of our movements that follow the archetypes put forth in earlier times to cease? Will the "hands" of peace keep being tied tighter and tighter, leaving no other recourse except for war?
edit on 17-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
both sides are being played and forced into a conflict that if not stopped will be very bloody and tear the country apart at the seams..

they need to both step back and let calmer heads prevail.. but seriously doubt that will happen at this point..
edit on 17/11/11 by Expat888 because: tengu mischief..

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Yes "Peace" has been undermined by TPTB.

They only react to violence or monetary gain.

I like to believe that the peaceful protest will bring about the change that we all desire, but I now deep down that it will never happen.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Peace does not make money.

Let's wage war and make people rich! (except the poor people who are fodder - the soldiers and the civilians). And the countries we wreck. Who cares.

But we don't care.

We just want to be rich and the rulers of the world.

And the message to these warmongers is "Get ready to meet Satan" - not a very nice thing to do.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

As a US citizen we are the machine. Each of us is a part of it. Maybe a small or even an unwilling part, but a part none the less. The larger parts control us, because we have let them. We hold the answer to fixing the problem of peace being undermined. We on ATS especially, because ATS is all about denying ignorance, and seeking out the truth. We need to spread that ideal to this country, which is sorely unaware of the fact that they are being played. If we don't peace may go away and be replaced with militancy. Do we really want that?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
"Get ready to meet Satan".

Oh great another that believes in some fairy tale being.

Have you ever thought about taking the worlds issues upon your self and stop blaming some pretend being for your issues?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Yes. The US military and those who serve in developing technology for the exploitation of resources are the core of the problem. But we as Americans are too cowardly to tell the government and military industrial complex to leave us alone.

The American media never reports the hundreds of thousands innocent people killed in Iraq. The media creates a popular acceptance of half truths and great delusions. The biggest delusion is the language used. They simply repeat the lie until we believe it.

Why is it the Jews can have a holocaust and the US can blame the Nazis. When in fact it was American corporations that went overseas and helped the Nazis? Why is it we can't call the US troops immoral evil rotten scoundrels like the Nazis?

Blame the military and don't honor them. Blame the media and turned the damn garbage off. Public radio is still here but it's a scarce resource. It's likely that for every single state in this union there is only one or two high power public radio stations per state.

What does that tell you about about our freedom?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

I don't think you understand me. We the people are the machine. What happens if a machines legs stop working? It falls over, that's what. The masses are those legs. If you educate the masses and do your part to bring the truth to the public eye, and change their CNN watching ways, you help fix the problem. Don't let them undermine peace, and other things that we know are good for keeping unrest civil, and not militant. The US military is also part of that machine. Albeit a higher up part, but they're a smaller part than we are believe it or not. What we need, is a trickle up effect.

new topics

top topics

join