It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would you put in your survival kit for years to come?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
just out of curiosity if you where to build a survival kit what would you want in it?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I would put toilet paper.. I tend to want to crap a lot in forests and unfamiliar places i just get that urge
might as well put a spoon to dig a hole with it too.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Ive thought of this several times in just the past year while reading about 2012 doomsday stuff so heres a few for that scenario and why...1-Med kit of bandages, antiseptic, alcohol, pain meds and antibiotics for obvious reasons.2-wooden matches, fire accelerant like zippo fluid or kerosene and some flint for making a fire anywhere.3-bottled water with some flavor packets like kool-aid for the energy in sugar(x-tra calories in a survival situation) 4-food = some chocolate energy bars, a couple cans of high calorie food, some kind of meats that wouldnt spoil quikly like beef jerky for muscle energy consumption and definately a bottle of vitamins like one-a-day or centrums. 5-clothing=comfortable work boots,jeans,hoodie,hat and some gloves. Cargo shorts and t-shirt. Couple pairs of boxers,boot socks(important). 6- radio, powerful flashlight with xtra batteries(steel wool if I have the batteries for an extra fire starter) 7- buoy knife, jack knife and possibly a firearm. Gun for protection and the knives for multiple reasons. 8- last minute improvisions. Im guessing when a reason to grab your survival kit comes up, it would be unexpected but whatever the source I hear the bad news come from I would try to get an idea of what is going on from that source and pack the extra gear I didnt have the knowledge to pack in the first place. Ex. A flash flood warning would let me know to grab a life jacket from last years fishing trip or anything I think would help in that situation.--- I think keeping things to a minimum would help because packing light means less energy consumption getting around and less food and water going to waste. Sunglasses arent really a nessessity but Id bring them anyway along with some toilettres like bar soap, antibacterial hand soap and toothpaste. Its not just about hygiene but health. Good health means having an easier time doing whats got to be done, like staying alive...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

Almost forgot that one! Ya Id definately want to bring a few rolls..

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
No survival kit, thanks.

I would like to be gone at the earliest opportunity, preferably when it happens.

Who wants to survive on a wrecked planet?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AyoungminD
just out of curiosity if you were to build a survival kit what would you want in it?

My ideal "survival kit" would contain everything I needed for an auditing session, including a solar panel to keep the meter charged.

We already know the things we're "supposed" to have in such a kit, so I didn't mention those.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
1. Survival knives. One big, one small.

2. Magnesium fire starter.

3. Sweet ass lifted tundra (Optional)

4. As many guns and ammo I can either fit on my person, or in the truck.

Mk18 mod 1

A high caliber bolt action rifle with night vision capability.

A nice side arm.

5. Melanie Iglesias

You know, nothing but the bare essentials.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
^^^^ you wont have to worry about feeding her anyway!! she as skinny as you can get
cant beat a good curvy real woman

i must say tho, everything else on that list is bang on correct!! i wouldn't mind having any of that!!

also id stock up on my pain medication for my chronic pain, otherwise id be fit for nothing

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I'm not sure I can add anything to the 'practical' list but, besides the essentials, I'd pack a deck of playing cards.

I love cards (I'd include a Tarot deck if I had room) and I get bored very easily so, for me, they'd help to fill the empty hours when I wasn't scared out of my wits and trying to escape anything that moved in case it was a hostile human.

Oh, and perhaps a small book to help me identify edible berries, plants and mushrooms.

I don't think I'll have to worry about surviving for too long...........

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Forgot to mention paracord. Can't have enough of that.

And yes, she's skinny, but christ she's hot.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

ya ok il give you that one

i think if you have room, also a good book of survival skills would help a lot too.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
"what would you put in your survival kit for years to come?"

calendars.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
And a nice 12 gauge with some slugs for if you encounter a bear.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Apart from the obvious stuff like a knife, swedish steel etc.

I'd have plenty of extra hot curry powder, cos it makes pretty much anything taste ok.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
A musical instrument, maybe my guitar. Or my harmonica i was given as a gift but never learnt to play. To me, the importance of music should not be overlooked.

new topics

top topics

join