It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Life Is A Video Game Played By Aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Not easy to explain, but you reminded me of a somewhat similar thought that I have had in the past. I think it is at the end of one of the 'Men In Black' movies, where the camera view starts zooming out. After it zooms out far enough, you see that our entire universe is basically a small 'snow globe'.

I was thinking about that awhile back, and imagining our universe as being more like a board game. A brother and sister are playing this game with small marbles. However, from our perspective, those small marbles are actually comets and meteors.

The brother and sister are competing against each other. Their main objective/target is a small blue planet, which is far away from where they launch their marbles.

It is not an easy game. There are many obstacles in the way. As of now, neither of them has been able to accomplish a direct hit, but they have each gotten very close a few different times. Since they have not yet used all of their marbles, the game continues. All it will take is one good direct hit, and the game will be over.

reply to post by KristinLynnxo

.... we have come nowhere close to creating even an impressive 3d or virtual world of 'gaming'. From Mario Bros to now I am not impressed!
Just to be clear: I am not saying that I actually believe this is true, but it is an interesting theory nonetheless.

You seem to have missed an important detail though. The whole idea is that this would have been created by beings whom are much more further technologically advanced than we are.

edit on 11/17/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This has been gone over before.

I personally think we are a simulation of a simulation of a simulation -> infinity.

I also think that it would be foolish to think we are the "first" people to be inventing this loop. We are probably stuck in the loop somewhere, IMO.

Interesting to think about. Just as valid as any other hypothesis at this point.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Ok, well next time you see them tell them grats.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Interesting post but I would argue my life is a video game played by my ex wives and there lawyers, aliens would be a vast improvement.

First post on ATS that made me spit out my drink!

*back on topic

I hope its not all a game...creepy to think about

edit on 11/17/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I like to think of it as Sim City. When I play that game I make awesome things happen to my great city...Yet I am not one of those who builds a city and starts destroying it with Natural Disasters or Fires...I take care of my sims

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
then whats dreaming all about ??

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

OP STOP make reacurring theamed threads, all haveing to do with simulated reality and the likes,

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Star for thinking outside the box.

Sad face for making me depressed.

I was actually talking with my Dad about something similar to this the other day.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Well, whomever is playing me as a character is doing pretty poorly. My life is way too boring most of the time.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

The technology for us to immerse a human into an environment where they forget about "the real world" literally isn't as far away as most people think. I would say less than a decade. We have the ability to convert simple brain EM waves into input... this removes a barrier between what the player sees happening on the screen and their thoughts. They become in sync... one... you think it and it happens. With a controller this requires such significant practice and always comes with delay due to physical limits.

Include along with this some method of altering the magnetic field around the head of the person to give them a detached state of being (or some other method I haven't heard of yet), where they are in a more suggestible state. We don't have to get it so it looks like real life, we only need it to respond well. For all we know the "graphics" of our real world are like GameBoy graphics relative to the universal potential of visuals.
However we still buy it as "real" and "good enough" despite there being many documented flaws in our visual, audio, and other sensory systems resulting in illusions, sometimes quite severe. So clearly graphical glitches are acceptable to be accepted as "real" by consciousness.

So our low tech version here probably doesn't have to look any better than our current PC games. Given a deep enough state of suggestibility, I'll bet we could actually immerse ourselves in *any* visual landscape and learn to navigate it while thinking it's the "first time we've ever lived" while inside it.

For those who can think far enough ahead creatively... audio landscapes too... or really landscapes we can't even fathom right now. Imagine an MMO generated by the Mandelbrot set, where patterns in the set create the data sets for creatures. Since each pattern is unique... no two creatures will be the same AND you will get an evolutionary "tree of life" as one pattern slowly morphs into another just based on random chance. So you'll be exploring a "cave" in the Mandelbrot Set, see some creatures you are familiar with, but then there comes one which has some twist you've never seen and you've got a new fight on your hands. Or non-combat games. The boundaries are as endless as the ones we're hitting now seemed to us in the mid 1990's.

And yes, I say this with some minor degree of insight from the inside.

Namaste!
edit on 17-11-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

So if this synchronicity between mind and game happens instantly, then are we talking of a speed faster than light? Not even pain travels at a speed deserving of the word "instant". If what you're speaking of is achieved, then we're on the verge of putting known physics on it's "virtual" head! Bump for interest.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

It happens about as fast as mind-body. In reality you can do the "moves" faster because the time it takes for the signal to go from mind to computer or mind to muscle is pretty similar, however the time the computer can animate a kick move versus how fast a human can actually kick... can be significantly faster.

So people will be able to fluidly do "Matrix" moves in video games just by thinking them as fast as they need to, without the delay from mind to finger to button to computer to screen... instead it is just mind to computer to screen. Which both are still faster than Mind-Real Body except in the mostly highly trained in whatever muscle skill is being compared to. And even then the computer will be able to defy physics, so the video game mind controller will still allow us to "believe we are *actually* doing things" on a level we can barely comprehend right now.

I do think it would be ironic if a game were built by a superior species which had as its design *limiting* their abilities, because they had gotten so successful they were bored out of their skulls. But they get lost in their own game and start to design games within the game to try to regain their old natural abilities. Or perhaps that's how the game is won.

Namaste!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

That is truly amazing! From that to uploading conciousness will be but a couple of steps down the road. Wow, think of interstellar travel if conciousness could be downloaded and transmited as pure information over light years in distance or even transdimensionally. Sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread, just very excited at this notion. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Keep in mind nothing I'm talking about is even to the level of technology of the GameBoy compared to what we have now. All the pieces are in place to be put together into a real package, but as you can imagine, it's going to take someone with some very very big pockets and armor plating for the hell storm it will open regarding morality and ethics. Our laws have even less chance of keeping up than they do now.

Namaste.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

My alien must've fallen asleep with the controller in his hands

Point is that if my life is just a game than it has to be the most boring game of all time. I pity any alien who'd want to play my life

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I wonder how far into this has the military advanced. If there is profit to be made I bet someone with very big pockets will invest or is investing on it right now. The military, though, they got the internet way before us peasants plus most of the inventions/discoveries in recent and past history. I wonder if all those exposed monkey brains with all those invasive electrodes attached delivered any success.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

They may have created a virtual game we call earth,where three dimensional characters exist and are programmed to believe they are real and that everything around them is reality...

Just because I am programmed to believe that I am real does not necessarily mean that I am not real.

The aliens program certain events and situations into their virtual simualtions,that the characters believe to be random occurrences,never knowing they are actually being controlled,orchestrated and manipulated...

interesting wording here. "... believe to be random occurrences, never knowing they are actually being controlled, orchestrated and manipulated..."

【ツ】

ya think?

I'll really have to give that some real thought.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I reckon I have re-spawned a few thousand times already, the last time was back in 1970 CE. I am now learning that I keep respawning because I have not learnt to forgive my fellow sentient beings on all levels. If I wont to extra power packs or be in Godmode I have to learnt like the esoterics did by using my mind to make the scenery that validates my thoughts and emotions... :-)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

This kind of posts is the reason why I love ATS.

Props mate, for thinking entirely 'out of the box'.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join