It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Life Is A Video Game Played By Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Look how fast and far our video games have progressed in only the past twenty or thirty years.We love to be entertained and we constantly strive to recreate reality by creating virtual worlds and life like simulations within our video games...

There may exist superior aliens whos technology is thousands of years beyond our own,who are doing the same.Only they have created a video game that is so fantastically advanced,that it would be almost impossible to distinguish it from reality...

They may have created a virtual game we call earth,where three dimensional characters exist and are programmed to believe they are real and that everything around them is reality...

The aliens program certain events and situations into their virtual simualtions,that the characters believe to be random occurrences,never knowing they are actually being controlled,orchestrated and manipulated...

The aliens program and download earthquakes,blizzards and volcanic eruptions.Then play with their interactive controls,watching how their characters react...

The aliens program characters to do things they think are their own free will.Thoughts and actions that eventually play themselves out,resulting in major implications...

They program and download certain incidents that create massive disruptions within their digitized societies. Causing armies to invade here and armies to invade there,as the aliens maneuver their characters into battle...

They download new enviornments,inhabited by different species like dinosaurs,insects,birds,fish and humans...

The aliens ocasionally get bored playing one game and program asteroids to impact,or gamma ray bursts to strike,or giant solar flares to engulf and play with the evolutionary consequences that arise...

Character are eliminated and new characters are created all the time...

The other day while driving in my car on my way to work.I looked around at all the other cars on the expressway and i thought about how it looks and feels like everyone is trapped within some kind of bizzare video game,with no way out but to keep moving forward,keep playing the game...
edit on 17-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Interesting post but I would argue my life is a video game played by my ex wives and there lawyers, aliens would be a vast improvement.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I have thought about it too, and im sure many others have (pic related)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
My player must be very bored right now.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If this were true, then wouldn't one of the first things programmed into a game character's "virtual mind" be the inability to figure out that it's all just a video game designed by aliens?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Interesting point of view. I bet the sims chaaracters could be programmed, in time, to have the illusion of posessing unique conciousness. Our brains are no more than biological computers anyhow and could be programmed by these otherwordly or interdimensional beings in the same manner. Makes you wonder though, if these programmers or "gamers" are ok with terrible things like rewarding the power elite while their evill deeds go unpunished yet allowing child leukemia to exist, then were dealing with a very evil species. Worse if those "alien programmers/gamers" are us from the future or the real world while our world is, as you have stated, mainly a holographic illusion. Very thought provoking, OP, hope we dont get deleted if we're onto something here.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by synchro
If this were true, then wouldn't one of the first things programmed into a game character's "virtual mind" be the inability to figure out that it's all just a video game designed by aliens?

Not if 'free will' is considered the pinnacle of achievement in AI, be it video games or robots. We're pretty far out with current technology in video games, be it scripting, or putting more stuff on the screen, but we are absolutely nowhere near "self aware" AI. Sure, we have some games where it 'seems so real', when you walk into a town and people are working, and talking, but it's just a glorified Disney amusement ride.

So, if there was an alien race, playing us like a video game, then you can bet your dollar our free will is a prized and wanted consumer technology. It would be like a massively multiplayer online game, where you pay to "jump in" on any 'character' you wish, and live in this fantasy world. Renting high-profile characters like celebrities or leaders is more expensive, but if you want to 'test out the game', you are able to freely jump-in on lowly schmos like ourselves to do menial things like work or watch TV, or in other words, the 'free-to-play trial'.

Though doing outlandish and disruptive actions in the 'game world' is considered cheating and/or against the rules, and you would be banned. Unless current 'special events' are scripted into the world.
edit on 17-11-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Lol! I can completely see where you are coming from but really we have come nowhere close to creating even an impressive 3d or virtual world of 'gaming'. From Mario Bros to now I am not impressed!

When I was a kid I thought we would have flying cars, teleportation and TOTAL virtual reality games, I am completely dissapointed about that now! ....and still waiting.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by synchro

For every one enlightened character that realized it, there would be ten skeptic and twenty debunker characters popping out from under the woodwork to keep the game going. Hell, it would make it even more interesting for the aliens!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Interesting post but I would argue my life is a video game played by my ex wives and there lawyers, aliens would be a vast improvement.

Bless your poor soul. Sounds like a game that can't be beaten. Aliens are an improvement from that.

I like the fractal theory, in which I am physically playing my role playing video game character, while my soul plays a virtual 3D game character from inside this body, while consciousness is playing the game character of what it's like to be an individual soul, etc. etc... I don't know what the etc's are though.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I thought about this too a while back. If you like real time strategy games you'll appreciate the concept:

Living in a Game

Originally posted by KristinLynnxo

When I was a kid I thought we would have flying cars, teleportation and TOTAL virtual reality games, I am completely dissapointed about that now! ....and still waiting.

I know right. I thought when the Virtual Boy came out we were only a few months away from pure virtual reality video games. Looks like we still have a while to go.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
my bank account needs a new patch mr alien

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by KristinLynnxo

I am 33 years old, my first video game system was an atari. From bouncing around a square to hit another bunch of squares (supposedly a tank) to online call of duty and battlefield 3' 3d nintendo ds plus kinect and joining thousands of other people in real time on world of warcraft. Well, I am very impressed! Hell, I was impressed when I first managed to get a copy of Leisure Suit Larry and King's Quest for my first IBM pc! Super Mario 1 was simply incredible and when first got to Bowser, I was 7, I swear my heart stopped for a second; such was the sheer amazement. So yeah, we've come along way in an extremely short amount of time, all IMO of course.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I don't know, if the aliens were anything like us I think there would be a lot more violence going on. Like in Grand Theft Auto.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

A simplified version of his argument proceeds as such:

i. It is possible that an advanced civilization could create a computer simulation which contains individuals with artificial intelligence (AI).
ii. Such a civilization would likely run many, billions for example, of these simulations (just for fun, for research or any other permutation of possible reasons).
iii. A simulated individual inside the simulation wouldn’t necessarily know that it is inside a simulation — it is just going about its daily business in what it considers to be the "real world."

Then the ultimate question is — if one accepts that the above premises are at least possible — which of the following is more likely?

a. We are the one civilization which develops AI simulations and happens not to be in one itself?
b. We are one of the many (billions) of simulations that has run? (Remember point iii.)

In greater detail, his argument attempts to prove the trichotomy, either that:

1) intelligent races will never reach a level of technology where they can run simulations of reality so detailed they can be mistaken for reality (assuming that this is possible in principle); or
2) races who do reach such a sophisticated level do not tend to run such simulations; or
3) we are almost certainly living in such a simulation.

Read these:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

There are many that would argue against us humans actually being truly self aware.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I'll bet whoever gets me as the free to play character tells all their friends about the game. The only problem is they're telling them about how much it sucks...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wow blocula, each week you state we are something else. Lol if you mesh all of your wild theorys together you could have yourself a nice science fiction novel. Good luck with that

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This is the sort of theory that I gravitate towards. You can also consider the possibility, what if we ourselves are the aliens? Perhaps one has a choice to "embed" their consciousness into the simulation, using a new brain as the container; and at the end of each life all the memories and experiences are transferred to the original alien (us). Others may play the simulation by choosing the specifications for their appearance, age, etc & whether or not they want to be self-aware during their alternate life. What if when we dream, the real us awakens in another uni/multiverse and goes about business before awakening? Just stuff to think about.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Someone god mode me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join