It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow earth theories and conspiracies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist outside of political ones, which are not real conspiracies, just skeletons in the closet, but this one is really interesting to me based on the idea alone, and not any real proof. Here's a series of videos I found about the subject, which is what has defined the "hollow earth" theory for me, beyond the original diary found documenting a so called trip to hollow earth.

The first thing I have to ask after watching this is, do we have any pilots or anyone else in the house that can that they are sure their is no hole up there? Do commercial pilots actually fly up that way?

This one is interesting. Can anyone confirm that they are 100% positive that there is no entrance on Antarctica?
New Swabia does exist, exactly as the video describes it, minus the hollow earth entrance of course.

Here are some photos I found claiming to be real proof of hollow earth. Photos can be faked obviously, but here's something to chew on. Why are all of the maps of current earth and earth of old always showing a north pole void of land? I think it's because of the hole.

After searching high and low for info on this, I've found many videos that have been removed from youtube. Coincidence? It makes me even more skeptical, of that I am sure.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I can't tell you with complete certainty that the Earth is not hollow. What I can tell you with complete certainty is that Alex Collier is a shill and you need to be very careful before believing anything he is promoting.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Obviously.
Regardless though, all information is always worth looking over. It may give you an idea about something else.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I love the idea of this subject if it exists or not, I'll come back and watch then add some stuff I found
a few months ago, there's a lot of threads on ATS too which are very interesting.
s & f
a

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

I like the way you have presented this. Whether or not is is true or possible, still a very interesting and fun idea to think about.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Theres a few threads on hollow earth theory kicking about on here if you havnt read them...

My issue is this though....

i have family who work relativley high in Oil Rigs stuff not driller but one (my uncle) is like some kind of saftey electronic engineer supervisor type guy and is based over in the west, my cousin however is based in Abu Dhabi, we are very close, went to school together and stuff, he deals with electrical systems on the rigs, on shore and of shore platforms and boats...

he has been all over the world, he's not brilliant at keepign secrets from me, i just cant beleive that guys in this field wouldnt be aware of somthing like this, i mean, surley you can only drill so deep? surley there would be pockets more and less deep, and surley there would be areas that cant be surveyed because of entrances etc. and he has never said anything to me about it!

essentially its the same argument (in my opinion) as the Moon landing Conspiracy, too many people involved in too many parts of companies that would in some way be aware of this by now if it were to be true.
edit on 16-11-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Science has proven that the Earth is not hollow, see the Wikipedia article Hollow Earth contrary evidence. In any case I loved the stories you can even look up the free book by Edgar Rice Burroughs like the Pellucidar.

Pellucidar is a fictional Hollow Earth milieu invented by Tarzan creator Edgar Rice Burroughs for a series of action adventure stories. In a notable crossover event between Burroughs' series, there is a Tarzan story in which the Ape Man travels into Pellucidar.

The stories initially involve the adventures of mining heir David Innes and his inventor friend Abner Perry after they use an "iron mole" to burrow 500 miles into the Earth's crust. Later protagonists include indigenous cave man Tanar and additional visitors from the surface world, notably Tarzan, Jason Gridley, and Frederich Wilhelm Eric von Mendeldorf und von Horst.

from Wikipedia

other great books in this area is the The Land That Time Forgot (novel) and the two other books on that series.

Starting out as a harrowing wartime sea adventure, Burroughs’s story ultimately develops into a lost world story reminiscent of such novels as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s The Lost World (1912) and Jules Verne’s The Mysterious Island (1874) and Journey to the Center of the Earth (1864).

Burroughs adds his own twist by postulating a unique biological system for his lost world, in which the slow progress of evolution in the world outside is recapitulated as a matter of individual metamorphosis. This system is only hinted at in The Land That Time Forgot; presented as a mystery whose explication is gradually worked out over the course of the next two novels, it forms a thematic element serving to unite three otherwise rather loosely linked stories.

From Wikipedia

You may get all these books free is sites like the Project Gutenberg, All good reads...

There are theories, ancient aliens and conspiracies about caves or such, you can select for example the Gay bunkers (like the Dulce one) or Reptilian Overlords (I think these have been under attack from the Galactic Council or something like that)

edit on 17-11-2011 by Panic2k11 because: links to good books (and free)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

To that I would have to say, how many oil drillers go to the north pole? Has he been there? If he hasn't why would anyone tell him? Lack of proof is not always disproof. The best conspiracies are ones with no real evidence. Less evidence, less chance to be disproved. Not sure his lack of knowledge could be considered disproof.

I know we have some service types around here. Have any of you been under the ice cap in a sub?
edit on 17-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by Helious

Science has proven that the Earth is not hollow, see the Wikipedia article Hollow Earth contrary evidence.

There may be caves or such, there are theories, ancient aliens and conspiracies about that also, you can select for example the Gay bunkers (like the Dulce one) or Reptilian Overlords (I think these have been under attack from the Galactic Council or something like that)

Is that the same science that tells me dark matter exists? Is that the same science still looking for the Graviton and Higgs Boson? Is that the same science grasping to understand the nature of quantum entanglement? Pardon me if I don't always believe without question what my great science masters teach me.

Not that science is bad, in fact, it is wonderful, however, it fails often as common sense is never part of the equation and human knowledge is tat amount to a baby peeking over the side of the crib. Just sayin.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

To that I would have to say, how many oil drillers go to the north pole? Has he been there? If he hasn't why would anyone tell him? Lack of proof is not always disproof. The best conspiracies are ones with no real evidence. Less evidence, less chance to be disproved. Not sure his lack of knowledge could be considered disproof.

I know we have some service types around here. Have any of you been under the ice cap in a sub?

Kinda just using him as an example, point being if the earth was hollow, it wouldnt really matter if you were at the north pole or not, if you are deep drilling, the chances of you bursting through the other side would surley be quite high!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I prefer to rely on scientific data that in untested theories or speculations. But I recognize your freedom to do otherwise, just do not expect my respect...

Dark matter is still a theory, it can depend on your acceptance of the possible candidates but still it is theoretical.

From Wikipedia Dark matter

Although dark matter is the most popular theory to explain the various astronomical observations of galaxies and galaxy clusters, there has been no direct observational evidence of dark matter. Some alternative theories have been proposed to explain these observations without the need for a vast amount of undetected matter. They broadly fall into the categories of modified gravity laws, and quantum gravity laws. The difference between modified gravity laws and quantum gravity laws is that modified gravity laws simply propose alternative behaviour of gravity at astrophysical and cosmological scales, without any regard to the quantum scale. Both posit that gravity behaves differently at different scales of the universe, making the laws established by Newton and Einstein insufficient.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I love this theory!
May I suggest the book 'Incredible Cities of Inner Earth' by David H Lewis.
It's about an actual expedition in 1979.
It also talks about the Admiral Byrd story.

S & F
edit on 17-11-2011 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Dark matter is a theory based on pure fantasy and speculation because nobody can make the math work properly without it and creating an imaginary substance is more convenient than rewriting high school science books. That said, I neither require nor do I expect your admiration or respect and you have the sole discretion in putting your faith where you feel it is best suited.

You must realize that before it is all over, our books will be rewritten 1000 times over. We have no explanations for most of what happens on the quantum level and can not even begin to explain what our universe actually is much less what it is made of on the most fundamental levels. Science is great but it has a long way to go and I am unwilling to entertain that science knows exactly what the earth is made of at the core when the deepest we have drilled is 7.5 miles into the surface barely scratching the crust and not coming remotely close to the mantle.

Yeah, science is great but whats even greater......? Realizing nature gave you common sense for a reason and questioning things that you don't think anyone has the definite answer to either is and should be completely normal without somebody in a white cote telling you that your justified.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

A good conspiracy theorist covers all the simple bases of explanation. They've got your drilling theory covered with alleged thickness of the earth's shell.

That is why I am interested in hearing what someone that has been there has to say. Best information you can get is a real account from a person, or more than one.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

So you know, although i do not believe this due to circumstancial and scientific evidence that people can put before, i do not think it is a terrible idea, i would love it too be true, an entire second world to explore, it just seems like it would be somthing to difficult to cover up!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

A good conspiracy theorist covers all the simple bases of explanation. They've got your drilling theory covered with alleged thickness of the earth's shell.

That is why I am interested in hearing what someone that has been there has to say. Best information you can get is a real account from a person, or more than one.

What is the elledged thickness of the shell?

i reckon we have drilled around 0.5% down of the radius of the earth, so im just wanting to know how think the reckon the crust is!

furthermore, what is the deepest point in the ocean?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

What is the elledged thickness of the shell?

i reckon we have drilled around 0.5% down of the radius of the earth, so im just wanting to know how think the reckon the crust is!

furthermore, what is the deepest point in the ocean?

We have drilled 7.5 miles into the Earth, not penetrating the crust even. The depth of the ocean is irrelevant as the deepest part is only 6.85 miles.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Yeah but the crust doesnt exsist in the same way if the hollow earth theory fits, im just trying to understand, the designated space between, the central sun/heat source, the land then the space between that and where we are then how far into that we have drilled/how far down the sea goes....

like i just need to understand the scope of what is being suggested in terms of sizes of everything. from central point to inside world to top world.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Well you figure the diameter of the earth at the equator is 7,926.41 miles (12,756.32 kilometers).Earth at the poles is 7,901miles (diameter). So i believe anything is possible it is big enough to have hollow pockets or maybe even a hollow center. Remember fact is usually much stranger then fiction.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It's about 4000 miles to the center of the earth.
The deepest hole ever drilled is 7.5 miles. We've barely scratched the surface, so to speak.

If the outer earth was say 1000 miles thick, there's still plenty of space within to have a significant inner earth biosphere.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join