It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you ATSer's, Your an awesome community

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I just wanted to take a little time to express my love and admiration for our ATS community.

We have some truly great people who contribute to these pages and i have to say that it's a very warm and close knit family that i proudly call my own.

There are so many different opinions expressed by the thousands of contributers and one would expect there to be so much more issue rising from these differences of opinion but, with a few exceptions, it is mostly mild mannered and friendly.

The honesty and willingness of people to agree and disagree peacefully is an excellent example that the greater community of our world could sometimes stand to take note of.

The love of the different people on these pages is so often expressed when an individual comes here seeking some solace and comfort with some issue they may be experiencing, be it with a demonic presence, concern over world affairs, fear of alien abductions, shots that there children recieve at school or any other number of things that most of us simply cannot discuss with our 'real world' friends and family without them thinking we are bat poop crazy.

This is a community that i have turned to in times of anger and frustration only to have my savage beast calmed by the sweet music of a supportive family.
I have come here (more recently) with heartbreak and recieved much support from various individuals who could easily have taken offence at my lonely and heartbroken rants.
I have come here looking for mystery and got it by the truck full.
I have educated myself on world views and politics and learned much about the various sciences.
I have even had offers of financial support from one nice man but respectfully turned it down, you know who you are and i am grateful for your help.
It's true that i've had my fair share of arguments, even heated ones, but have come out of many of them having a new found respect for those that i disagree with. The endless patience of Skeptic Overlord and the ongoing drama with certain topics of conversation that continue to persist despite the loss of hair Mr Overlord must be experiencing, has to be mentioned as well. I am sorry for stressing you out on that one

So i would ask my ATS family to use this post as a means to air your appreciation for whomever you have found to be helpful and supportive in the past. Let them know that you appreciate them, that you care for their contribution.

Once again, Thank you ATS community for the continued education, entertainment and therapy that i have recieved through you

P.S Everybody gets a star today because i just got a job!!!
edit on 16-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Dear Raivan31,

50+ year old, short, bald, Christian man here. You ask what we have found here, I found out there are plenty of young people who are willing to try and figure out what the world means. I am not surprised to find conflict, I am not surprised to find people who hate Christians. I am pleasantly surprised to find so many young people unplugging from the video games and television and asking deeper questions about what their life means. I love seeing that younger people understand just how much the system is cheating them because it means that you are informed. Be informed, exchange questions and be worthy of running this world someday. Be well.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

You have expressed beautifully how you feel about ATS....the words you chose and the sentiment are very close to my heart.....because I closely feel the same way.

I am very grateful to be a member on this site.....and to me the ATS community is awesome! With several I have (agreed to disagree) but the debates have been challenging and interesting. I have made my share of mistakes...and been called out on a few....and I have learned!

I thank everyone involved in ATS....the members make me think (outside of the box daily) and the staff for giving me an information place to go to...where I will find out the truth.

edit on 16-11-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

On behalf of younger people, Thank you.
I am also glad to see this, it's makes me feel better for the future.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
i agree

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
this is with out a doubt the broadest collection of intelligent minds ever placed in one setting
the awesome people and many diverse opinions is the true future of mankind
more openness world wide and we find we are all just men and women trying to understand our world and existence
that has been hidden to keep us apart
one big diverse family of humans [the ats community and the world at large]
ty for reminding us how people are awesome all of us part of human kind

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Dear Raivan3,

If I may, I want to tell how I see the younger generation. I see them sleeping in Portland and Seattle and New York and Los Angeles, just to say that they disagree with what is going on. It was the youth that first awakened people to the globalistic agenda, they did this in protests over the past ten years. While they protested originally, nobody listened; but, after the housing bubble burst and the stock market crashed and all of the bailouts, now the older ones are listening.

Most people are sheep, that is a fact. Most people want comfort, that is true for every generation. The important thing is that every generation have people who pay attention and spread the word and when we are younger, protest, make your voices heard. If we are to restore decency and honesty then it will be your generation that has first crack at it. Remember that some of us older people have been talking about it for awhile. We stand on the shoulders of those who preceded us, every generation does that. Peace and be well.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUNSILENT

ty for reminding us how people are awesome all of us part of human kind

Thank you, it's what i do

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Dear Ravian,

First.....I am so happy for you about the new job!
Secondly, you summed it up beautifully! I have met some wonderful people here. What I love about ATS is the fact that we have so many points of view, yet at the same time, a common bond....curiosity and diverse thinking. The people here are great, and I too have been touched by the outpouring of kindness and friendship when I was going through a tough time. There are no better (or more interesting) people on the internet, and I have made some great friends here.....and you, dear Ravian, are on my list as one of my favorites!
Best wishes for your new job and a big ATS hug for you ((((Ravian)))))

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Congrats on the job man!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thank you, it'll be good.
Felt like i waited a thousand years for this.

I probably should add you to my friends list, though i keep forgetting how to.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Congrats on the job man!

Thank you.
And this is the proof of this great community, outpourings of support!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Just look below the avatar and click add as friend. I already added you

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

An excellent post my friend, it is great to have you here on ATS. I too, also agree with you, I have learned to respect, appreciate, and learn about other people's point of views here on ATS of which, I will not lie, have enabled me to grow and mature about what is going on in the world. Wish you all the best my friend, hope all is well. Congratulations on the job! =D S&F
edit on 19-11-2011 by Unvarnished because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

So I would ask my ATS family to use this post as a means to air your appreciation for whomever you have found to be helpful and supportive in the past. Let them know that you appreciate them, that you care for their contribution.

Good post
The first reason I wanted to add to this thread, 3 months out, was because it was started on my birthday. And then I read it and thought.....how unique.

My appreciation goes out to everyone who has helped me, whether they realize it or not, through some tough times that I've been going on in my life for the past year. I've been using this forum as a means to communicate in ways that I would never be able to verbally. I've always been a better writer than talker. And for that, I'm grateful for this site. Not only to the mods who have put up with some of my rants, but to the members who rarely if ever had anything mean or destructive to say about them. They were as supportve as they could be, and for that, I thank them.

I'm going through a turning point in my life right now and I don't know how I could've made it through without being able to communicate to a certain individual via this site, and without getting advice and suggestions from complete strangers who will probably never know me personally. I've said some pretty personal things here in the past year that have probably left some people shaking their heads saying, "Why is he saying that?" But still, I don't get judged. And I attribute that to the types of people who are here. As someone else pointed out, this is probably the biggest collection of intellectuals and free thinkers that you'll find anywhere on the web.

On the other side of the coin, I've said some pretty controversial things about our government that, again, left some people shaking their heads thinking, " Why is he saying that?" Not once have I ever had the "Men in Black" pounding down my door or had people point at me and laugh. If anything, I've let people know that you can open up about whatever your viewpoints are, be they business or personal, and by doing so you can let people see an alternative view to how THEY see or feel things. Whether it's political or personal. I understand that some of what I write here makes people uncomfortable. But if you don't get out of your comfort zone once in a while you'll end up seeing things the same way your entire life. And if that's good enough for you, then this site isn't for you. More times than not though, the people who read what I have to say will come out of it with a different viewpoint on the subject than they did before they sarted reading.

And hopefully......hopefully, that's what's been happening of late. I have this gut feeling that it has. That a certain someone has had their eyes opened to a different way of seeing things on a personal level. And I hope I'M the one they're looking at becasue I've been looking at them for quite a while now. I don't know whther they know it or not, but this person has made me see things in a different way simply by being the person they are. And for that reason alone, I love 'em.

I've been applauded by staff 7 times here, but this was the first one. She's my baby. She's 2 years old now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-3-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

top topics

join