It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proud Feeling For the US military

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by InspirationEverywhere

War and its entrails are below us a species now, we are ready to move past it,

Go ahead and move past it. We wish the hell you would. What are you waiting for? What's holding you back?

Until then, and even beyond then, there will still be warriors around to guard your back from the ones who can't seem to hit that road.

edit on 2011/11/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
'Kill team' US platoon commander guilty of Afghan murders

In one of the most serious accusations of war crimes to emerge from the Afghan conflict, Gibbs recruited other soldiers to murder civilians he called "savages" after he took over command of a US army squad in Afghanistan's Kandahar province in November 2009. Prosecutors described Gibbs as hunting innocent Afghans "for sport", a view reinforced by the staff sergeant's statement likening the amputation of body parts as trophies to collecting antlers from a deer.

Yeah, I'd say we're really lending a helping hand in Afghanistan....the military apologists don't want anyone to know that there's a middle ground between isolationism and imperialism.

And every so often the Secretary of Defense pops on the news to warn us that if we cut their budget the boogey man will get us. Be afraid Amerika, be very afraid

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by InspirationEverywhere
We grow in each moment, as individuals and as a species, constantly learning and striving for a better EQUAL tomorrow.

We don't grow in each moment. we aren't constantly striving for a better "equal" tomorrow. The Russian mafia aren't striving for a more equal tomorrow. Neither is the Central Committee of Communist China---they are too busy killing Tibetans. Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula is not striving for a better tomorrow. I guess you could say they are striving for a "greener" tomorrow, maybe. It's the prophet's color, after all.

I am not sure why you have no faith in yourself to become enlightened and move past our primitive instincts to blindly follow orders and rip each other apart, but because we have being doing it for years and years without truly understanding it makes you the naive one.

I have plenty of faith in myself to become enlightened; it's you I'm not very optimistic about. And good soldiers don't blindly follow orders---some of them get quite creative about it.

You don't know me. You don't know where I've been or what I've seen or what I've done. Thinking you do makes YOU the naive one.

Such philosophical thoughts indeed, so the innocent who would seek peaceful protests using compassion and empathy ( Gandhi Martin Luther King ) these are your losers????

Not MY losers; their own followers switched to violence as soon as they had been assassinated. Proves my point.

I'm not asking you to jump off a cliff and fly around like an eagle, simply open your eyes to the perpetual injustices that have occcured for the last 10000 years and ask yourself HAS THE HUMAN RACE EXPERIENCED ENOUGH WAR AND SUFFERING AND PAIN TO FINALLY BE IN A POSITION TO UNDERSTAND WE MUST CHANGE.

Short answer: no. The human thinks one more battle could change everything. It's why we keep having one more battle. I might even know more about the injustices of the past 10,000 years than you do. For all you know, I have a PhD in History.

No, simply 7 billion personnel stories of pain and suffering, just enough to realize there's far more that unites us then there is that divides us.

Man I don't know whether you've traveled much outside of US/Europe, but you are certainly fluent in cliche.

I have traveled a great deal. My decades of experience across cultures and national boundaries has convinced me that the whole "we are more alike than different" is a bunch of wishful thinking.

I would never, ever sell my children.

That one fact separates me from about a third of the human race, right there.

edit on 16-11-2011 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000
I love the military's circular logic: we're relevant because we're relevant.

Yes.

And you are able to sit there and trash talk freely online because someone somewhere in the past paid the ultimate price for that freedom with their life that you are now exercising [whether you can wrap your tiny pea brain intellect around that sacrifice or not]

Show a little respect even if you disagree with modern policies.

edit on 17-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

Hello. I wanted to know where you call home as far as your country. I dont agree or disagree with you. I just was curious.. Thx

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I hate to break this to you but killing brown people in Afghanistan/Iraq/Africa has nothing to do with my freedom. Can you wrap your brain around that? I have no need to stand on tradition and thank current military for a war that was fought 235 years ago.

No one currently in the military has fought for my freedom as much as they'd like to think they have. The wars in the middle east have absolutely nothing to do with my freedom and insinuating that it does is asinine.
edit on 17-11-2011 by relpobre000 because: english

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Show a little respect even if you disagree with modern policies.

That's the heart of the problem, Slayer69.

To show respect, you have to have something respectable within you. The people who don't show respect, the ones who don't honor the dead, who don't empathize with the work and sacrifice of others, who have no empathy for their toil---they are the ones who are without respect; because they have none within themselves.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger

why must I have anxiety about a biological attack?

Indeed. Why DO you? When was the last time you were attacked with biological weapons?

Your welcome.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

reply to post by ILikeStars

Let me be more clear. I think it's time we re-humanize those who are serving and who have served. The US military is an institution that has for the last century been more of a friend to the corporations than to humans.

One might argue that it is in fact the humans of America who have been more of a friend to corporations than their military, and supported and enabled corporations more than their military both passively and aggressively.

The US military does not personally give me more security or freedom.

So are you a proponent of the floccinaucinihilipipification of the military then?

As a civilian I never had to worry about biological warfare until it was invented by the military.

I'm not sure if you can prove that statement true, or find any source to back up that claim. The earliest documented incident of the intention to use biological weapons that I am aware of is the recorded Hittite texts of 1500–1200 bc, when victims of plague were driven into enemy lands. Not sure if the military actually invented the plagues and biological micro-organisms 3,500 years ago.

Only in Satans army would a military chaplain ignore the Ten Commandments, especially thou shall not kill. Get it bucko?

What military chaplain killed someone in combat?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Never mind.

I'm just bouncing rubble now...

PEACE

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

As I've said before I have no need to stand on tradition. There's absolutely no reason why I should have any respect for what's happening just because the military has been right in the distant past. If they want to delude themselves by thinking that what they're doing is a holy crusade-- then far be it from me to try to stop them.

What do I know about the conflict in the Middle East? I know that American brothers and sisters suffer and die in countries that they never dreamed they'd ever be in. I know that parents (both American and Middle Eastern) lost their children to senseless violence.

And what for? Freedom? The Constitution? A proud military tradition?
What do you really know?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000

I hate to break this to you but killing brown people in Afghanistan/Iraq/Africa has nothing to do with my freedom. ....... [snip].....
No one currently in the military has fought for my freedom as much as they'd like to think they have. The wars in the middle east have absolutely nothing to do with my freedom and insinuating that it does is asinine.

Dear relpobre000, your mood is Irrelevent.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm out....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Wow, really original idea O.P trash, disrepect, and spit on a few more American soldiers. Dont you all get tired of your own hateful and bitter ideas?
edit on 17-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar
And good soldiers don't blindly follow orders---some of them get quite creative about it.

Very creative about it, very creative indeed.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Indeed. Why DO you? When was the last time you were attacked with biological weapons?

Your welcome.

Welcome for what, are you implying that biological agents were found in ether of the countries we are involved with. I along with the rest of the world are under the impression that no WMD’s were found, there for there is and was no threat and at least the Iraq conflict was based on lies or bad intel.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

"Saying that we should somehow change, that we could somehow change, Not gonna happen"

You are still part of the we, right!

"I have plenty of faith in myself to become enlightened"

Oh, so NOW your capable of change, a lot must have happened between those posts.

"some of them get quite creative about it."

Nice humor there, a stinging lack of compassion for those innocent souls at the wrong end of a missile coming through their window.

"Do you think that we are magically superior to our grandparents? or their grandparents? or the 400 generations before them? Seriously?"

Was Rosa Parks superior to previous black women or had she finally experienced enough???????????
Was Padraig Pearse superior to previous Irishmen or had he seen enough pain and suffering that enough was enough???????????????????????????????

"You don't know me. You don't know where I've been or what I've seen or what I've done. Thinking you do makes YOU the naive one."

I learned a hell of a lot from those previous quotes, I didnt claim to know your whole past just some of your thoughts on our direction as a race. obvious really

"Not MY losers; their own followers switched to violence as soon as they had been assassinated. Proves my point."

No it doesnt, it simply does not prove your point, WTF

"The human thinks one more battle could change everything. It's why we keep having one more battle."

Yeh like the soldier who fights decides on the next battle, bring me the soldiers who make the decisions to fight and then does the fighting and i'll show you the end of a rainbow. And you called me naive for assuming to know a tiny piece of info about you and then assume to know the thinking of all those in battle!!

"I have traveled a great deal. My decades of experience across cultures and national boundaries has convinced me that the whole "we are more alike than different" is a bunch of wishful thinking."

Your decades of travelling have convinced me of 1 thing, you have lost faith in us, and that is a very sad thing. whatever you might have seen it does not rid the world and the human race of a better tomorrow or even the chance of an equal horizon.

"I would never, ever sell my children.
That one fact separates me from about a third of the human race, right there."

One third, thats over 2 billion people, even as an exaggeration your f**king way off.
I;d love to know the hardships you have endured that give you this pessimistic view of your fellow. There is nothing more tragic than an amputated spirit.

Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

It strikes me as quite disgusting that American Military veterans and those currently serving are socially acceptable to humanity.

I was thinking the exact same thing about you after your first sentence. 

If I decide to go into a grocery store and take the most premium cut of beef without paying for it I would be considered a thief.

You would not be considered a thief. You would actually be a thief at that point. 

If an American soldier joins an illegal occupation of a foreign land they are deemed heroic.

Correction...they are deemed heroic the day the take an oath to defend our nation with their life. Only douche bags "occupy" places. 

Why is it honorable to serve as a pawn in the game of capitalism?

What is honorable about serving no higher cause in life than yourself?

Why is it so humbling for people to give so much love to an organization that thrives on hate?

Because some people (most people) realize that there are brave Americans willing to die to protect them. Those people don't ask for anything from them in return. Selflessness is humbling to people. 

I am at wits end with American irony. There is a better way to behave. Singing the dotted line to Satan's army does not seem like a good option. It seems that with today's bad economy more people will sign that dotted line.

It likely wouldn't be a good option for you. They don't issue brains or spines, and you appear to be lacking both. Just stay by your keyboard and keep doing your thing. You're as harmless there as you would be in battle. 

I find it fascinating that people are proud of other people who brandish weapons and kill because they are told to.

I find it fascinating that trolls like you don't have any respect for people who do the necessary work that you're scared to do. 

I am told that I can't compare US troops to Nazis. It is immoral to make that distinction because our boys are good. bollocks!

Feel free to make any comparison you'd like. We pay for your freedom with our sacrifice so you can make an as$ out of yourself. It's quite entertaining. 

If I told a passing civilian on the street that I was going to kill somebody I'd be arrested and shackled quite promptly. But if I sign that dotted line I'm not obligated to any laws or ethics. 

UCMJ anyone? If what you said was true then I might be inclined to hunt you down like a dog and stomp a mud hole in your as$ but unfortunately that's just not the case. As a matter of fact, members of the military don't even enjoy the freedoms that you have today. We are held to a much higher standard. I'd elaborate but it wouldn't matter to you. 

Is it so honorable to enable the corporate elite to use other people as human shields for profits?

Are you referring to the sheeple at OWS now? Are you trying to be clever and change subjects?

Can we stop pretending the US military is a force of justice? Why does America insist on pride that thrives on prejudice and bloodshed? 

You have no idea what patriotic Americans take pride in. You sound like a spoiled child, so I don't expect you to understand why we do what we do. 

Clearly there needs to be a deprogramming of this god awful cult.

If 'deprogramming' means I'll start hating my country and thinking like you then I'll pass. I'll stick to my God and guns. You can keep all that pus$y pacifism for yourself. 

And from all of us brainwashed killers - YOU'RE WELCOME. 

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by minesweeper

Originally posted by nenothtu

Your welcome.

Welcome for what, are you implying that biological agents were found in ether of the countries we are involved with. I along with the rest of the world are under the impression that no WMD’s were found, there for there is and was no threat and at least the Iraq conflict was based on lies or bad intel.

Read along with me, for comprehension this time:

"When was the last time you were attacked with biological weapons?"

To spell it out: I was implying that he has not been attacked with biological weapons. If he has a fear of that, there must be some basis for that fear, and some reason that fear has not been realized.

I did not mention "either of the countries we are involved with".

Is the fog lifting yet?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

How about the US Military/Navy USING BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS on US citizens of all ages on US soil? On many occasions no less! Epidemics, hospitalizations and deaths reported. Military/Navy admits it with no repercussions or remorse.

Of Microbes and Mock Attacks - 51 Years Ago, The Military Sprayed Germs on U.S. Cities

Blind obedience to the mass murdering elite and their willing assassins is treason against humanity. Just saying.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Snoopy1978 because: Lifting the fog...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join