It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proud Feeling For the US military

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It strikes me as quite disgusting that American Military veterans and those currently serving are socially acceptable to humanity. If I decide to go into a grocery store and take the most premium cut of beef without paying for it I would be considered a thief.

If an American soldier joins an illegal occupation of a foreign land they are deemed heroic. Why is it honorable to serve as a pawn in the game of capitalism? Why is it so humbling for people to give so much love to an organization that thrives on hate?

I am at wits end with American irony. There is a better way to behave. Singing the dotted line to Satan's army does not seem like a good option. It seems that with today's bad economy more people will sign that dotted line.

Sadly those who expect something often get nothing. Most people don't realize that the number of suicides in the military have exceeded the number of people killed in Iraq combat. I find it fascinating that people are proud of other people who brandish weapons and kill because they are told to.

I am told that I can't compare US troops to Nazis. It is immoral to make that distinction because our boys are good. bollocks!

If I told a passing civilian on the street that I was going to kill somebody I'd be arrested and shackled quite promptly. But if I sign that dotted line I'm not obligated to any laws or ethics. Is it so honorable to enable the corporate elite to use other people as human shields for profits?

Can we stop pretending the US military is a force of justice? Why does America insist on pride that thrives on prejudice and bloodshed?

Clearly there needs to be a deprogramming of this god awful cult.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
hate the war, not the warrior. u.s. troops just do what they are told (training emphasizes this), so really the problem is in the upper levels.

farmboy patriot who signs up for army is not wrong -- general who tells him to invade a country for moneyed intrests is.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

Good point - but some of the military do take a stand and refuse to take up arms against what they feel is immoral. Those good hearted individuals are released from service. There is nothing 'we' can do. A military must follow orders no matter what they are - if you don't feel that you want to, then you are 'free' to go.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I saw a great documentary about the Fallutia Operation in Iraq. The US Soldiers were shooting up an entire village, to find.... 1 or 2 terrorists. Is it really worth all the Death and destruction? Hey lets just bomb the whole town, we might injure or exterminate women and children, but at least the "bad guys" are gone.

Its no-wonder that countries Hate the US, and I see burning american flags on TV and am told that these people are crazies that just hate america. Well ... there must be a pretty good reason for that...

The United States is the Super Power War Monger of the world. We think we can Police the World, when people try and fight back, they are labeled "Terrorists". Convienient....

Watch out for the Boogey-man terrorists!!!! Glen beck says we are more Vulnerable than ever!!! LOL

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Why don't you get off of your bottom and do something productive in life? Sitting around griping about how the Soldiers are evil will get you no where. Those Soldiers are three times the man you dream of being.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stargate64

Quit being jealous. Join the program or get the HE!! out of the way.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have to wonder why countries that beg for our involvement to help them out do so then. I mean if we're so disrespected and hated and viled than why do they cry for us to come in and keep the bad guys at bay so they can get a fighting chance? Libya is just the latest example. Just curious...I have a feeling their perspective is a bit different than OP's.
edit on 16-11-2011 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rockledr

You sound like BUSH - "Either your with us, or your with the terrorists"!!!!

LOL I'd find me a hottie Muslim during all the Chaos and well

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

u.s. is disrespected because it cannot be counted on to play righteous crusader. there is no such thing as a free lunch, so america looks out for its interests first when its a house guest.

which is true of all countries. u.s. is just the big boy on the block, so it can invite itself in more often.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Gotta problem with the military?

Take it up with their Civilian Commander and Chief.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

If given the choice, most of the folks in the military (if not all) would still fight and sacrifice their lives so that you could retain the freedom to hate the very same people that gave you that oppourtunity.

Oh, by the way?

Your welcome.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Most people don't realize that the number of suicides in the military have exceeded the number of people killed in Iraq combat

You're a Tool...and of the dumber breed.

Give us a source on that right now...even if it's written in Farsi.

Why does America insist on pride that thrives on prejudice and bloodshed?

Somewhat of a biased comment, but I'll entertain it - North Americans with an open mind, as well as an amateur understanding of global affairs, pride themselves with the fact that it confronted belligerent nation/states.

And yes, we taken too much stock in playing the global policeman...but who would you prefer in the hot seat..?

But, with that said, you seem like the guy that says, "F the Police", only to scream, "where the F are the Police?" when the riots hit...

Weak sauce...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Support our troops....or else.

When was the last time the troops were actually fighting for our freedom? That line that they fight for our freedom is getting old, and it hasn't been true in any of our lifetimes.

Soldiers are trained murderers; that's all. End of story.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I would just like to add that the military is only used when diplomats/politicians fail to do their job.

To use the military should not be seen as a sign of strength, but of the inability to solve problems rationally.

The military fights for their family, their country, their god, the Constituton and for you. To take one conflict out of scores and define the military in such a way, underscores your (OP) lack of insight.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I would prefer a group of intelligent individuals to be in the hot seat I don't think bombing a country back to the stone age and destroying the water supply as friendly. Did Saddam Hussein bomb his own water treatment facilities and then sell the contracts to rebuild back to his own shareholders? Nope.

I'm not saying Saddam is a stand up gent but for crying out loud, look at the facts. The US military killed hundreds of thousands of civilians. I suppose you wouldn't mind me coming into your home in the middle of the night and pumping a few slugs in your arms and limbs then rape your wife while you bleed?

Face the music bucko...The warrior class is an evolutionary step backwards. When the US military spends a trillion dollars using the finest men and women to build a renewable energy source that promotes peace I'll shout from the rooftops HOOORAH! but until then all I can say is evolve you dirty stinking apes.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a renewable energy source that promotes peace does not help america strongarm other countries into keeping the u.s. at the top. you can get a lot more with a kind word AND a gun.

sad but true. :p

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Soldiers are trained murderers; that's all. End of story.

Of course they are. Because there are lots of people who need to be murdered. Those people are staying up late tonight, trying to think of ways to murder you. For any number of reasons.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 123bounce

The farmboy patriot should be growing the best damn produce for his community while defending his property with his trusty musket and not sign his soul over to satans army.

Comprended muchacho?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

If that is the case...I'd like to meet one of these murders. I have ethical debates with suicide. But I'd love to be put out of my misery...Cuz lord knows I'm sick and tired of the retardation of the human species.

Perhaps I should sign up and be frontline infantry...I could shout "over here...Over here habib"

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

haha sure. but thats not what farmboy patriot is told to believe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join