It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Receives Massive Bunker-Busting Bombs, Denies Targeting Iran...And the Spin Continues.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ok, first of all...YES it's Fox News. And we all know how that goes. But...

The real story is between the lines of this story:

Pentagon officials are speaking publicly about the military's new 30,000-pound massive ordnance penetrator, or MOP, known now as the biggest "bunker-busting bomb" in the world. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

And here is the spin:

"It gives us a far greater capability to reach and destroy an enemy's weapons of mass destruction that are located in well protected underground facilities... to a magnitude far greater than we have now," Pentagon Spokesman Capt. John Kirby said at a briefing Wednesday. But, strangely, Kirby denied these bombs are designed to target Iran, the only country known to have buried its nuclear weapons program. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Yup, Iran is the ONLY known Country to have buried its Nuclear Weapons...That's what he said.

So here we have the twist. While leading people down the road of "We are not targeting Iran with these weapons" and having us zero in on the story of the Bunker Busters, the real story of having produced absolutely no proof of Nuclear Weapons is buried. Slick move huh? Truly amazing how the misdirection of the Media works and we are given the impression that the MSM is suddenly on our side. Wow!

"The system is not aimed at any one country, it's to develop a capability we believe we need," Kirby said. That remark was met by audible groans and various comments of disbelief from the Pentagon press corps. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
these weapons look like dumb bombs. a plane would literally have to be over the target to deploy it.

what are they going to use. the f-117 has been decommissioned because it's about as stealthy as an elephant when tracked with modern radar and sam sites.

the b-2 probably falls in the same boat.

that either leaves a massive air invasion that would take out every threat or a new stealth plane that would make it's first public appearance in battle.

i don't think the first strategy would work, because that's what iran has been preparing for.

they have russian and chinese intelligence providing them with countermeasures against israeli and american air power and the necessary hardware to shoot them down.

people say obama isn't doing anything, but if this was a republican president or hillary clinton, america would be in a full fledge invasion of the persian epmire.

instead, the israeli's for once are going to fight their own enemies.
edit on 16-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
B-2 is much better than 117-A. Then again there are stealth drones as well. Hmmm..maybe the X-37B? Then again, maybe Iran's air defences are neutralized BEFORE sending in the bunker busters? Options a plenty my friend.

Originally posted by randomname
these weapons look like dumb bombs. a plane would literally have to be over the target to deploy it.

what are they going to use. the f-117 has been decommissioned because it's about as stealthy as an elephant when tracked with modern radar and sam sites.

the b-2 probably falls in the same boat.

that either leaves a massive air invasion that would take out every threat or a new stealth plane that would make it's first public appearance in battle.

i don't think the first strategy would work, because that's what iran has been preparing for.

they have russian and chinese intelligence providing them with countermeasures against israeli and american air power and the necessary hardware to shoot them down.

people say obama isn't doing anything, but if this was a republican president or hillary clinton, america would be in a full fledge invasion of the persian epmire.

instead, the israeli's for once are going to fight their own enemies.
edit on 16-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I wonder how long after we start another war it is before China and Russia attack us for disrupting their oil supply and arms exportation

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

When the military were using bunker busting bombs in Afghanistan and Iran, didn't they start getting unusual amounts of earthquakes in that part of the world? I kind of remember reading an article about the possibility of these bombs causing some of those quakes. I would hate to think using the kind of massive bunker bomb it would take to wipe out Iran's deep underground nuclear facilities could cause unforeseen environmental consequences.

I guess it doesn't matter. Either way innocent people will end up losing their lives over another political fear campaign by our government and Israel.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndGovtCorruption
I wonder how long after we start another war it is before China and Russia attack us for disrupting their oil supply and arms exportation

I'm guessing within seconds.

Tolerance for the US War Machine has reached its end.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thats what they said after Desert Storm...then Russia and China bitched and moaned and thats what they said after Gulf War II...,and China and Russia bitched and moaned and thats what they said after Afghanistan.....

YADDA, YADDA AND OH YEAH-FREAKING YADDA!

I'm guessing within seconds.

Tolerance for the US War Machine has reached its end.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Any word on how people in Tiawan and South Korea are handling this. Because once the US is wrapped up in Isreal, Iran, Iraq, and Afganistan........well, it's really up to the rest of the world to decide just how big a conflict this is going to become.

Off thread comment: I can hear the Mayans now, "I told you so, I told you so." :/

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Israel also has second strike capabilities because of underground nukes... but yeah, I doubt he's talkin' 'bout Israel.

I would actually venture to say a lot of countries have deep underground nukes, and that is a fallacy in OP. Not ripping on you, just saying I don't think it can be backed up that Iran is the only country with "buried" or deep underground nukes.

All that said, you are probably right. Iran is the target this week kids. I would say what this really is is a contingency. The U.S. is concerned Israel will strike Iran, but not have the capabilities to reach these deep underground bombs. So on the really off chance that Iran does have a nuke ready (pretty sure they aren't even close if they are even trying) and Israel can't destroy them in an attack Iran will have second strike capability. So after Israel attacks the U.S. will have to swiftly send in bombers to his all the underground targets that Israel missed.
edit on 16-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

join