It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Moves Into Second in Iowa, New Hampshire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

While Newt Gingrich attracts media attention as he moves up in national polls, Ron Paul is enjoying a surge of his own.

The Texas congressman has moved into second place in Iowa and New Hampshire, according to two Bloomberg News polls released this week. In Iowa, he sits one point behind Herman Cain with 19 percent support, according to a poll released Tuesday. And a poll released Wednesday shows him at 17 percent in New Hampshire, far behind Mitt Romney (who has 40 percent support) but six points ahead of the third place finisher, Gingrich.
Source.

It's Ron Paul's time to shine. The mainsteam media might give him the least amount of coverage, excessively bash him, give him the least amount of time to speak during the debates, call him crazy/extreme, constantly push the idea that he's unelectable and cannot be taken seriously, but that's not going to be enough to stop him from keeping his foot in the door.
edit on 16-11-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I hadn't seen the NH poll, that's awesome! Granted he's far behind Romney, but still, above all the other chumps.

By the way OP I know it's off topic but every time I see your avatar I feel happy

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

We'll have to see how it goes, but there's a nice article here at the Examiner considering it not all that unlikely that Paul may also be one of the first republicans with a real shot at winning Cali's 172 delegates in quite awhile.

Very nice.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ladykenzie

I hadn't seen the NH poll, that's awesome! Granted he's far behind Romney, but still, above all the other chumps.
I'm hoping that this will get him a lot of media coverage and more debate time. But to be honest, he's won several straw polls that earned him absolutely no coverage. But when another candidate wins a straw poll, they're in the news for like four days.

By the way OP I know it's off topic but every time I see your avatar I feel happy
Haha thanks. It just came to me while thinking of that LOTR scene. A guy I know is a graphic designer, I might get a T-shirt made with that on it. How awesome would that be.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Oh this is complete and utter nonsense!! Obviously Ron Paul supporters just moved to New Hampshire in droves just so they could flood the poll and alter it's results. /sarcasm

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

There was also another Republican straw poll conducted in California, this one in San Diego, where he came in first again in that state by a significant margin (reported here). All California straw polls that I am aware of, Ron Paul has won by a landslide.
That's what I like to see. People all over the country are waking up to his message. "Armies cannot stop an idea whose time has come."

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Stop "slamming" New Hampshire guys

link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yeah, let's hope Bill O Reilly doesn't disqualify those states from the election

link   

True that, regarding the straw poll coverage. Granted straw polls are pretty much meaningless and handy to use to to boost publicity of a candidate (unless it's RP, then it's easy to ignore)

BUTTTTTTTT the interesting thing about this election and what give Dr. Paul a shot is that this might be the first election not 100% dictated by MSM. With youtube/social networking/etc, the amount of passion and effort put in by supporters along with the message that they have to work with is much more important... and no one can argue that those of us who believe in Ron Paul feel stronger about him than all of the other candidates' supporters combined. Thank you, technology!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Who slammed NH?

I think he just meant that Paul-opposers will come up with an excuse about how the NH poll was rigged somehow, his supporters suddenly moving to NH to participate in the poll being an example.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ladykenzie

That is because Romney started bribing officials years ago to ensure their support in his presidential bid. I wish I could remember that article so I can post it up here. He also lives there.

The reality is, Ron Paul is unlikely to win NH but I'm predicting him to come 2nd with around 10-5% less than Romney if RP wins Iowa.

NH is the second hardest state that the RP campaign is hitting, RP also has the best ground game there too.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Oh this is complete and utter nonsense!! Obviously Ron Paul supporters just moved to New Hampshire in droves just so they could flood the poll and alter it's results. /sarcasm

Ron Paul supporters hacked into landlines and mobile communications towers to intercept surveys and get him a second spot position on purpose to avoid getting caught. Damn those manipulative fanatical nutjobs.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladykenzie

Who slammed NH?

I think he just meant that Paul-opposers will come up with an excuse about how the NH poll was rigged somehow, his supporters suddenly moving to NH to participate in the poll being an example.

I was joking as well

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Oh, haha, joke's on me

My mistake, carry on!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
No matter how much the MSM attempts to not let him talk at the debates, the people like the little bit they get to hear. Don't worry though guys, next debate Romney will get to spend the entire time bashing Obama, and never giving actual answers to questions like he always does

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Haha thanks. It just came to me while thinking of that LOTR scene. A guy I know is a graphic designer, I might get a T-shirt made with that on it. How awesome would that be.

Can you put a huge Occupy logo on the back and count me down for 3 XL...

Oh BTW Chris Renee on X Factor supporting the OWS last night!!!

Whoot whoot...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

We'll have to see how it goes, but there's a nice article here at the Examiner considering it not all that unlikely that Paul may also be one of the first republicans with a real shot at winning Cali's 172 delegates in quite awhile.

Very nice.

So to my understanding of the article, all Paul really needs to do is win California and Texas to make a significant challenge to be the nominee. It's very possible that he could win my home state, does anybody know how he's faring in Texas so far?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowmyst

Looks like the Halloween University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll had Paul 3rd at 12%, but this appears to have been before Gingich's swell, so I'm not sure where the numbers are at now or how Texas stands in average polling.

Anyone who might still be reading this thread know a good place to look for this? I don't do much digging into polls...

new topics

top topics

join