It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore’s $2M Hypocrite House: Film Director Lives Like The 1% He Condemns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Thinking it's not so much the money in your bank account but what's in your heart and mind that matters here. Not that hard a concept really.

Also, I doubt that he's in the 1% in either case. But it is still interesting to see perceptions percolating to the surface and old hates coming out in new ways.

So its OK if you dont walk the walk ... just so long as you talk the talk.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I'd say he earned his money and didn't ruin anyone else's life making it.

Michael Moore actually has a well earned reputation in the industry for riding on free internships plus over working and under paying staff.

It's one thing for James Cameron to hire free interns on the set of Avatar ... but James Cameron as a person isn't stating strong messages about workers etc ... Plus Cameron tends to hire union staff.

Moore hires non-union staffers despite being pro-union and tries his best to avoid ever putting staff in a position where pressure could be put on him to treat them as union staff. His associate producer has been known to threaten to fire persons if they become classified as union, and has claimed budget constraints etc ... against paying people full rates.

Twisted irony is Moore seems to do all the things his productions tell the public is wrong. Generally speaking an internship with Michael Moore isn't worth much unless you want to try to get on the tonight show after it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Originally posted by Drezden
You should research his charity work and donations.

Looking at the fat bastard, i bet most of his "donations" go to KFC and McDonalds

I never liked that guy. Most of his so called 'documentaries' have been proven to contain fake and staged footage, out of context things. He's CNN for conspiracy theorists, who more often than not are as stupid as the 'sheeples' they make fun of.

wow, good one bro. ATS is happy to have you here, you're going to fit in perfectly with the ignorant name-calling that thrives here.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
2 months later and idiots still don't know what OWS is about. I think ATS is just willfully ignorant about the subject.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So he is wealthy and has homes that means he is not allowed to stand up for the poor?

You degrade the man for supporting the movement because he is rich?

Gimme a break. Grasping at straws much?

Be happy for the support, he has always tried to send a message of doing right by the American Citizens, you should applaud him for fighting that fight far before OWS, not trounce on him because he is rich.

I guess even though I am against whats happening in the world and agree with OWS in some points they make, since I am a millionaire I guess I can't be part of the protesting.

So I guess this makes the protest a "rich vs poor" pissing contest? If so the rich will win hands down. Good luck suckers.

edit on 17-11-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Proof?

I see lots of bad things in your post, but the one good thing I didn't find is facts to support it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Owning a 2 million dollar house does not put you in league with the upper crust (1%). Even a 10 million dollar house isn't it. The top 1% actually count their fortunes in billions.

The upper crust do not invest most of their money into their home either. If that were remotely true, we wouldn't have a handful of people owning a network of corporations that control almost everything, would we? If they just had gold fixtures, marble floors and a boat, they wouldn't be on the verge of being lynch-mobbed by the masses.

Hey! Maybe if they toss MM out there with a fake media spin, the mob will lynch him instead! I bet they're doing some subliminal messages over his pictures to push people...
edit on 17/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You do know what the difference between M Moore* and the rest of the 1% is though right?
He's all for paying his fair (pre-Bush tax cut) amount.
Why are Republicans, in my tax bracket ,with the 1% on this?
Simple math tells me 99% of the republicans in this country are not in the 1%.
Please, I beg all of you that listen to talk radio shills, to listen to why they throw everything but the kitchen sink at Obama and us "commie" liberals.
It's because they don't want to pay their fair share. It's a measly 5%.
5% is a minuscule amount to go towards not letting the world burn to the ground.
If you are not a billionaire,please stop voting tea party or republican.
Vote libertarian, if you like, because at least I know you are paying attention.
But stop falling for the same old trick every time.

* I doubt Moore is in the 1%. That's Koch brother territory.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Michael Moore is a big, fat, greasy POS liar. Half of the information in his films is incorrect, and the other half is exaggerated. He's EXACTLY what he rails against, thereby making him a what?

Hippo-crit!

OOHHH!!! I didn't know he had a house on Torch Lake. That is SO within driving distance. I sense a TTIV special presentation in the making.

Dun Dun Dunnnnn!
edit on 11/16/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

You know, I think you make a great point. I was about to defend Michael Moore (even though I absolutely despise his documentaries filled with lies), but now I'm somewhat convinced that he's part of the problem. The problem we're facing are the people in the 1% who use lies and deceit to make their millions and billions of dollars at our expense. Michael Moore uses lies to sell his documentaries that make him millions of dollars, so what's the difference? The difference is only the fact that Michael Moore has very little legislative power (until he bribes a few politicians, or convinces the public there's a problem where there isn't one). In that sense I guess Michael Moore could be considered as part of the 1%.... or maybe part of the 5% who gain their money through deceit, and use that money to influence politics in their favor.
edit on 17-11-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
$2 million ?

one of my customers in greenwich has her place on the market for $45 million

he is not the 1%

trust me

Can I borrow some money?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would think conservatives would be cheering Michael Moore for living the American dream, and as another poster suggested, he didn't make his money off the suffering of others!

That being said, how do you know he doesn't house a bunch of people there?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Okay...am I misunderstanding here? I did not think or know that the OWS movement was people protesting rich people. I thought it was the protesting of Banks essentially ruling our economy and the government allowing them to do so. That does essentially of course make the bankers and government rich..but I don't think thats the center of it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Michael Moore is a big, fat, greasy POS liar. Half of the information in his films is incorrect, and the other half is exaggerated. He's EXACTLY what he rails against, thereby making him a what?

Hippo-crit!

OOHHH!!! I didn't know he had a house on Torch Lake. That is SO within driving distance. I sense a TTIV special presentation in the making.

Dun Dun Dunnnnn!
edit on 11/16/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

No he is not. I have met him on several occasions and he is a good guy, he doesn't wear fancy

cloths, he donates to a lot of charities and he will talk to anyone. I think it is interesting that

you would use the source you did, brought to you by the company that helped sell America

Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan or 9/11 even. You are complaining about a devils hair and ignoring

that you are clinging to his body.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Isn't it funny that even though Moore has a 2 million dollar house he always chooses to dress very humble ,with a cap on,almost like a homeless guy

I've only watched "Capitalism a love story " i'll just state a few points about the guy :

1. he presents truth combined with lies (typical disinfo propaganda)
>states the only way to overthrow the leaders is the peasents vote ,then prezents obama as the savior
clear proof he's just as fake as his humble clothes (he knows the voting system is rigged)

2. all his documentaries were intensly promoted through the media , media is owned by the 1%

that's it folks he's just a puppet of the elite, prezents disinfo in order to make people belive there's always a happy end. had the elites known that this documentary would get people in the streets i belive they would have never released it

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

If you have more money then you're ever gonna need your a 1%.Basically a million dollars is more money then most people would ever need. And would people please quit calling it free health care. There is nothing free in this world. I take that back, gravity is free but I'm sure they (are freinds the Dems and Reps) are in a room somewhere in Washington D.C. thinking of a way to get the sheeple to pay a tax on it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
good #ing lord people what the #! im sick if people blaming EVERYONE being the '1%' your #ing all dumb even 50CENT has more money, and a more expensive house then michael moore. A 50mil ex-mike tyson mansion. NEITHER of them are the '1%' you love to hate. but you dont even know WHO THE 1% ACTUALLY IS. OH they got more money then you, MUST BE ELITE 1%. im so sick if it. this is why OWS looks like a joke, you dont even understand what your doing. 'Thrive' can make it real easy for some of you to show you maybe .25% of the REAL 1% that actually controls your lives. the other .75% of those have hidden themselves from the public eye so well youd have a hard time finding out anything about them. And i say watch thrive because i sure a hell wont waste my time explaining this to deaf ears. unless you already judged gamble in the movie because of his heritage... you ignorant #s!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I don't understand. I didn't even bother reading your post anyway so idk if you are for/against the OWS protests. Either way, I am for OWS and I don't hate Michael Moore for living in a mansion. I don't hate the rich people for being rich, I hate them for hoarding all the money- there's quite a difference. He's not a hypocrite for living in a mansion because he can afford it, maybe if he had higher taxes he couldn't. But I'm pretty sure he still could. It's not his fault he doesn't pay taxes (because he isn't required to!) and apparently he would if taxes were raised since he has taken a stance against the other 1%.

As the incoherent post above me says: I'm pretty sure Michael Moore isn't even part of the 1%... A 2 million dollar house is chump change for people with the real dough.
edit on 17-11-2011 by maximumpower because: Adding to my argument

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Is that all you've got? Really? This guy goes out, starts a film career on a shoestring budget, finds success, and he's a bad guy? So, I suppose that anyone with financial success is immediately unqualified to speak out on injustice, or corporate greed? If you're a musician, or another type of successful performer, you should remain silent about inequality in society? If you think about it, this is what he's paid to do, and he does it well. So what if he made money and has a nice house? He still goes out there rallying for people who have modest resources in life. That's the contrast between him and you; He's a success at his craft, while you're whining on the sidelines on the internet. Your point is weak at best, and good ol' fashioned jealousy at worst, in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

When will the moronic, propaganda spewing morons that oppose these Occupy Global movements, get it into their thick heads.... that nobody has an issue with people making money or with rich people. It's GREED and CORRUPTION that are the issues. FFS The Banks got bailed out with the people's money while the people got screwed over and left to suffer.

That's a good question, Blup, but it looks like there is little hope of that occurring. I can't even stand reading these types of threads anymore, frankly.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What's really funny and hypocritical to me, is that if ANY of the 99% were offered a chance to join the 1% that they are protesting against, they would do it in a heartbeat.

THERE's hypocracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join