It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Poll: Gingrich and Romney Top GOP Nominee Picks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Newt Gingrich has catapulted to the front of the race for the 2012 Republican nomination while Herman Cain has lost ground with GOP primary voters. Mitt Romney, once again, is holding steady.

A Fox News poll released Wednesday shows Gingrich’s support doubling in the last three weeks. He stood at 12 percent in late October -- before the Cain harassment allegations and Rick Perry’s “oops” debate. Now the former House speaker is at 23 percent, essentially tied for the lead with Romney, with 22 percent.

www.foxnews.com...

I just don't buy this.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Gingrich is just the Republican base's latest schitzophrenic whimsey.

Romney, then Perry, then Cain, then Romney, Now Gingrich? Am I missing anybody...not including folks like Palin or Christie who actually led the Polls briefly without running!

For the sake of a healthy democracy...please..please...republicans, find someone that can at least read a newspaper, because as it stands, President Obama doesn't even have to defend his presidencey as the GOP Nominees seem to self destruct.

Romney...well ...Romneycare, it's hard for the far right to get past.

Gingrich...OK...He cheated on his first wife with his second, but that scandal has been aired already a long time ago, old news and he more or less owned it. His real problem is that he IS the establishment. He has been in DC FOREVER...He has decades of garbage he will have to defend. Apart from that inconvenient fact, he can't put his arrogance in check.

I circle back to Romney. I think the GOP is going to have to nominate a man who championed Universal Healthcare for his own state. Ironic how life works.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The problem for Romney is that despite all of this upheaval in the GOP race, he's not gaining any support. He's staying steady in the low 20s. I think what's really happening is that there's a rush by most GOP voters to nominate anyone besides Mitt Romney. Eventually, they will find someone else they can support, even if they have to hold their nose a bit to do it. It really wouldn't surprise me if it were Gingrich, much as it didn't surprise me when McCain emerged from the back of the pack about this same time heading into 2008. Neither were/are strong candidates. Its simply that each had the fewest apparent weaknesses.

At this point, I think that we're in a lose-lose situation. Obama is a miserable joke, and unfortunately, the joke is on us, but the opposition he's likely to face in 2012 is laughably bad, too.
edit on 16-11-2011 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by Indigo5

The problem for Romney is that despite all of this upheaval in the GOP race, he's not gaining any support. He's staying steady in the low 20s. I think what's really happening is that there's a rush by most GOP voters to nominate anyone besides Mitt Romney.

I agree. I get vertigo trying to follow the weekly "Poll Leaders". The best Romeny can claim is "Steady""

It really wouldn't surprise me if it were Gingrich,

Here is the thing on Gingrich...

He started in congress in 1979 at the age of 35. Resigned in 1998 as Speaker of the House after the GOP suffered huge losses.

So he has 20 years as a DC Politician....and another 13 as an analyst, advisor and lobbyist.

He took almost 2 Million from Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae and was tasked “to build bridges to Capitol Hill Republicans and develop an argument on behalf of the company’s public-private structure that would resonate with conservatives seeking to dismantle it.”

abcnews.go.com...

In order for him to be the nominee, the Conservative base will have to abondoned the idea of "change" or ousting the "establishment".

Also the values crowd migth take issue that he has been married 3 times. Had two affairs while married to wives 1 and 2, his second wife being 23 years his junior at the time...and was having an afair with a woman who was in her early 20's when he was 55...while he was speaker of the house heading up the Lewinsky investigation against Pres. Clinton.

Conservatives will have to overlook a good deal here.

At this point, I think that we're in a lose-lose situation. Obama is a miserable joke, and unfortunately, the joke is on us, but the opposition he's likely to face in 2012 is laughably bad, too

Mostly agree. I think President Obama is C+ President during a Sh*&storm in history.

If it was good economic times his failings would barely be noticed.

My frustration with the GOP right now is...at a bare minimum...Pres. Obama should be exposed to a fierce contest in 2012. He should be forced to defend his first four years and genuinely challenged. If he isn't capable of convincing the American public he deserves a second term, then he should go. I don't see anyone in the GOP field who can do that. The field of GOP potentials are self-destructing and floundering under the mildest of scrutiny from the press. I am a moderate, lean slightly left, but would vote GOP if i found a candidate worth a damn.

It won't be the end of my world if Pres. Obama gets another four years, but it will frustrate me to no end if he isn't forced to fight for it. He needs to earn a second term, account for the disparity between what he promised in 08 and what he has actually delivered...and it doesn't look like the GOP is capable of forcing him to do that. I guess what I am saying is that I would like to actually vote for a candidate I am excited about GOP or DEM, rather than hold my nose and choose amongst the least sucky of choices.

Right now Pres. Obama's campaign strategy is "Well...It's me...or one of those guys" and though the GOP doesn't seem to realize it yet, that might just work given the nominees.

Here is hopeing for a few dark horses to enter the race, maybe even an independant or two.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join