It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your financial secrets are headed overseas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is interesting....

Your financial secrets are headed overseas

More credit, mortgage and tax files are being handled abroad. Nothing suggests your data are more vulnerable -- but an identity thief 10,000 miles away is virtually untouchable.

moneycentral.msn.com...

I'm curious what people think about this one. Frankly, there is a great deal of discussion concerning IT jobs moving to India, but has anyone asked the question what those IT jobs involve? How sensitive are the systems being built or the data being used?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Actually, the US has some of the most lax data privacy rules in the developed world. I'm more worried about my personal information being abused here than somewhere else.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
I'm more worried about my personal information being abused here than somewhere else.
-koji K.

Until that data is abused by an organized criminal enterprise with substantial financial backing....

And what about development of the applications all these US business rely upon. How many back doors will be embedded in the code and later sold to the highest bidder?

In my view, I often believe those who wish to do bad are far more imaginative than the rest of us.

join