It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation and the North Pacific

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Has anyone done any research into the contamination of the North Pacific? From the very recently released report on the fall-out of Fukushima, it seems that 80% or more of the radiation ended up in the North Pacific.

What impact is this having on the ecology there, and what is the situation regarding sea life, both from a life point of view, and in terms of the fish we eat that is fished from there? Any data?

I know Thailand said shortly afterwards (and very publicly) that it will test all food coming from Japan for radiation. Does anyone know the results of these tests, and what they are showing? How much food have they discarded, if any?

Whilst everyone is focusing on global Xenon and Iodine distribution, what about plutonium? Reactor 3 was using plutonium-based fuels. I wrote an e-mail to the British Environment Agency regarding this isotope, after high levels of caesium were detected in Glasgow and Oxford, but they just gave me a standard-letter response directing me to a website with data. Plutonium was one of the isotopes not tested (or at least, not reported) by the monitoring stations.
edit on 16-11-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

I'm actually curious now whether or not the seafood coming out of the area is registering as radioactive on any of the instruments that monitor this.

I try not to think about it because I know that once something is in the ocean it spreads all over the world. Being perfectly honest there is really no way to avoid this stuff.

Before Fukushima even happened people were still talking about how bad Chernobyl still is. I fear for the day deformed babies and other stuff that happened at Chernobyl start surfacing in Japan

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I wouldn't be surprised if it started happening in North America around the same time symptoms start for the Japanese.

I've watched charts and more charts of the radioactive clouds going over North America.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

We are directly in line of their Jet Stream and ocean current so you may be right. I hope you're wrong though.

It's probably all in my head but I have never felt the same since I found out that we are directly in line of all that radiation.

I try not to think about it too much.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Here:

Note: Pay close attention to the measurements/scale given because they vary greatly.

Radioactive Iodine-131, 15th March, hours after the EQ and Tsunami.

Radioactive Xenon-133, 23rd March, going over Uk and Europe

Radioactive Iodine-131, 14th April

Radioactive Iodine-131, 20th April

Radioactive Iodine-131, 23rd April

Radioactive Cesium-137, 24th April

Radioactive Xenon-133, 9th May

Radioactive Xenon-131, 9th May, S-E Asia, caught in a Hurricane

edit on 16-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I've been worried about it since day 1..and 2 and 50 etc.

Who are we going to trust to give us accurate information? The NorthWest Seafood Industry?

NorthWest EPA? Hmmmm They better be careful before they release premature reading information,or lose their job. What if they wait too long to report? They'll lose their jobs too,for not warning us.

I just watched a TV Show proudly showcasing a San Fransico Sushi restaraunt that imports 95% of it's seafood from Japan. Yeah, the Show was over a year old.

I wondor if that restaraunt is still advertising where they get their fish?

Scary.... NOW I know why they joke about zombies all the time.. We'll soon be walking dead if we don't get straight answers pretty quick.

new topics

top topics

join