It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did it ever occur to you WHY the government denies UFO's?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The government denies alien visitation (not ufo's - a ufo is merely an unidentified flying object) because they have no evidence nor anything else to show. People just choose to believe otherwise. Sure, there are things that are still unexplained but I don't believe any government has any sort of proof whatsoever of alien visitation.
reply to post by tallcool1

Spoken like someone who is unfamiliar with the subject.

So are you telling us you believe the American governments weather balloon explanation of the Roswell Incident?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I've no doubt certain alien species have made deals with governments regarding advanced technology, though I'm just as sure the ET's would be extremely careful regarding they type of technology they gave out. Governments have a habit of using new discoveries to enhance their chances of winning wars, and the aliens are not going to impart secrets that could be used against them.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

The government denies alien visitation (not ufo's - a ufo is merely an unidentified flying object) because they have no evidence nor anything else to show. People just choose to believe otherwise. Sure, there are things that are still unexplained but I don't believe any government has any sort of proof whatsoever of alien visitation.

So are you telling us you believe the American governments weather balloon explanation of the Roswell Incident?

Government lies about a weather balloon does not mean Roswell was an alien craft. There are much more likely explanations than both of those.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I don`t think it is about control, or hiding propulsion systems. None of this makes any sense. If aliens were friendly, they would have no issue telling us about them. I am convinced that the reason is, that the truth is very very disturbing. I have reasons to believe that we will learn about some of the truth in 2012.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
They denied them to the public because they themselves can't handle them.
They know they exist, and have communicated/traded with them.

As of right now (2011) they have found out these aliens are vile and wicked.
The Gov has been screwed by them and they don't know what to do.

Google: Alien Technology Explained Vip

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Oh i have thought alot about this I think the reasons are mixed. There is no doubt in my mind that the Govts of the world are in collusion over this in hiding stuff from the masses. That collusion after so long is starting to fragment with the release of docuements and countries like Mexico going further and releasing military footage of UFO activity. Another reason is of course they have technology. I would bet a months salary the Industrial Military complex has some very nifty hardware obtained either in done deals with ET or from crashes or both. Of course they dont want to share that! I do also think that there is a more sinister reason too. What if they WERE hostile, but in order to protect ourselves we are forced to remain ignorant as a form of protection especially if they were goverened by Prime Directive rules of non intereference where First Contact has not been formally done?

I think the old arguements of social breakdown and unrest dont wash anymore. We are all conditioned to the ET existence. We can hack that. But it is WHY and WHAT they want and doing that is the key questions we want to know now.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by Morg234

Government lies about a weather balloon does not mean Roswell was an alien craft. There are much more likely explanations than both of those.

You beat me to it, but this is pretty much the answer I would have given. "Weather balloon" was a cover for top secret military craft or experiment of completely terrestrial origin.

So, the governments of the world who go to war over petty border disputes or religious reasons and have an actual, literal hatred for one another got together and agreed to keep secret all the evidence of alien visitation? Right...that's believable.

Also - why is it that people seem to think that belief in God would be affected in any way at all if aliens did arrive? I have never understood this at all. If an alien landed in my front yard so I could see and touch it, I wouldn't suddenly become an atheist. Why would I? And free energy suppression...why do so many people say this? These sooper dooper aliens come with all their free energy and dandy technology only to be held in check by the puny humans...sure, that's believable too.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

governments know that once the truth about aliens is widely known they cannot put the genie back in the bottle. that is why they have agreed to stay quiet, whatever else happens. its like nuclear missiles -- whatever else happens, nukes are the last resort.

belief in god would be shaken by aliens, since the bible implies that god made earth specially for life (and humans in his image). extra incentive for why governments in countries dominated by abrahamic religions do not want to let the news slip.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123bounce
governments know that once the truth about aliens is widely known they cannot put the genie back in the bottle.

Source? Which governments? Specifically, which people in these governments. A claim like that just must have evidence.

that is why they have agreed to stay quiet, whatever else happens. its like nuclear missiles -- whatever else happens, nukes are the last resort.

Why would telling us be the last resort? That makes little sense, especially the comparison you're forcing.

belief in god would be shaken by aliens, since the bible implies that god made earth specially for life (and humans in his image). extra incentive for why governments in countries dominated by abrahamic religions do not want to let the news slip.

Why would they care about that? Religion is just a tool used by politicians to get votes.

Are they pissed off that more and more people are becoming atheists? (look at Europe, I don't think the motivation you're implicating applies to them).

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Lmao! How accurate you are.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bwcawaterbear
Dolores Cannon has done extensive research through deep hypnosis sessions on the UFO phenomena. Over and over it was indicated through these sessions that aliens did not want or even desire to work with government officials, but instead with the public at large. In short there is nothing that the governments of the world really have to offer aliens. Aliens own the cookie jar and the cookies. Yes, I am sure that they do have some sort of working agreements with world governments, however, since governments are by their very nature corrupt ,why would aliens even wish to have anything to do with them?
In talking to and researching people who have been abducted, I realized that aliens appear to be in charge and that they may have warned governments NOT to say anything or acknowledge them in such a public way. It may be that they governments aren't allowed to. It is more than likely that the aliens do not want governments to openly acknowledge them for the very reason that aliens do not wish to be seen as having any kind of alliance with any nation state.
I have talked to people in the military, and oddly enough, they have all acknowledged alien life, and some of them said that they would take orders from the aliens rather than their own military commanders depending on who and what kind of aliens they were. If this was the case, you can imagine how governments would be quick to deny any and all E.T.'s It also may indicate that aliens have truly infiltrated the governments and their military corps already.
For a historical background on me: I grew up on a highly classified military base not too far from Area 51, I suppose that would be where my interest started. And of course my own personal experiences in this subject.
Could it be that governments deny because their contact is limited and they are not in any way in charge?

Well...you got a few things right. One of them is that E.T. has no interest or desire to work with Governments. But there is ONE GOVERNMENT AGENCY that they do participate with and this is because we leverage them to do so....as well as use what tiny leverage we have to play one E.T. Race against the other for our benifit....and when I write OUR BENIFIT....I MEAN EVERYONES! HUMANS benifit....reguardless of what you have been led to believe.

Does this mean the Agency is some ALTRUISTIC ENTITY that would never violate an individuals rights. HA! I made myself giggle! LOL!

It just means that the Agency has been designed....by a former 5 star and former U.S. President....I think....in the best possible way for it to work as it was designed....with foreknowledge that some very BAD THINGS were going to happen....as a result of the MANDATE AND PROTOCOLS of an implemented system....to operate.

They knew going in that the very existance and operation of the Agency could NEVER become used as a POLITICAL WEAPON...thus....it was designed to be above the political Process. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

As far as your statements that E.T. is either controlling or demanding that their existance and activities is kept a secret.....THIS IS FALSE....and is actually the opposite. The Agency....under direct Presidential Orders....IKE himself....after reviewing a study done by a committe that was set up back then....to determine the effect of the populouses responces, actions....either positive or negative....and what and how this would effect National Security as well as World Stability.

EVERY ASPECT OF THE STUDY determined that an overall NEGATIVE EFFECT would occur in just about every aspect of the Human Condition. THIS IS WHY IT IS KEPT A SECRET....AND WILL BE SO FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS STILL TO COME.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Plausible deniability is one of the reasons. Then you have the human reaction factor. There are too many people out there who would not be able to cope with the realisation that we are not alone. Religions beliefs would be called in to question, fear would fill others while some would become hero worshipers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join