It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did it ever occur to you WHY the government denies UFO's?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Control issues. If they can't control something.. they don't like it.

That's pretty much it. In the world of international security and politics there are two things you don't want the other guy to know: 1) how much you know, and 2) how much you don't know. That goes for UFOs as much as anything else. The government wants to keep all the cookies for themselves.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I take it that they actually believe they are the most intelligent lifeforms in the cosmos and anything that challenges that may be a problem. Or they know and just do not want us to know. Why?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
the govt denies et existence because thats been the policy since 1947, this subject is not for everyone, you have to have common sense or god sense, vision, foresight, discernment, wisdom, good judgement because were dealing with leaked info only and you have to be able to separate the real evidence from the fake, the general population is being denied the recovered et material because thats the policy, its not meant for the sheep only the herders according to the govt, so its very easy for any fruit cake to say theres zero evidence that ets exist and are visiting earth because they cant see the truth, you also have to be a leader not just someone with an opinion, i mean how can anyone ignore govt leaders that talk about the et subject, they talk about the subject because it is real, they dont talk about leprachans because theyre not real

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bwcawaterbear

They deny it because that is the policy still.

To meet these problems, the panel recommended that the National Security Council debunk UFO reports and institute a policy of public education to reassure the public of the lack of evidence behind UFOs. It suggested using the mass media, advertising, business clubs, schools, and even the Disney corporation to get the message across.

Reporting at the height of McCarthyism, the panel also recommended that such private UFO groups as the Civilian Flying Saucer Investigators in Los Angeles and the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization in Wisconsin be monitored for subversive activities.
SOURCE: Robertson Panel Report (1953)

Despite the history of the CIA’s involvement in the UFO controversy as presented by Haines and the Agency itself, suspicions abound that the full story has yet to be told. Victor Marchetti, formerly of the CIA, has stated that he heard from within “high-levels” of the Agency accounts of the bodies of “little gray men” recovered from a crashed UFO held at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, Ohio.

Similarly, the late UFO investigator Major Donald Keyhoe learned from insider sources that the purpose of the Robertson Panel was to debunk and demystify the UFO subject and to allow the CIA to continue its UFO investigations at a far more covert level – something that ties in with the material presented in the Majestic documents.
SOURCE: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Keyhoe's book, along with others can be downloaded free at the NICAP website.

They aren't going to tell you the whole story so you have to look into this yourself or listen to investigators who take the subject beyond debunking.
edit on 16/11/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Governments deny UFOs in the same way a theief asks "What Money?" because they have stolen the technology for themselves

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

It is more than likely that the aliens do not want governments to openly acknowledge them for the very reason that aliens do not wish to be seen as having any kind of alliance with any nation state.

Many Governments around the world already acknowledge the possibility. Through genuine investigation they cannot disclose what they have no evidence of. They can by all means speculate like the rest of us.

I have talked to people in the military, and oddly enough, they have all acknowledged alien life, and some of them said that they would take orders from the aliens rather than their own military commanders depending on who and what kind of aliens they were. If this was the case, you can imagine how governments would be quick to deny any and all E.T.'s

I wonder who these "military personnel" you speak of are, ie position and rank. You say they ALL have acknowledged alien life implying you have spoken to many military folk who were possibly in a position to obtain this information. Would these folk go on the record? Do they have any evidence of Aliens or simply hearsay? I find it improbable that military personnel would voluntarily take orders from an Alien species over it's own chain of command. Some military do not agree with their own commanders sure and some even go against said Commanders but the majority will follow orders regardless the way they were taught. You can take that from an army brat as pretty much gospel.

It also may indicate that aliens have truly infiltrated the governments and their military corps already.

If Aliens were already in Government and Military positions the whole proving/denying their existence would be somewhat of a mute point. Also if they were in positions of power and authority surely they would not need to abduct everyday people from their own homes as they could easily shape events to suit their own agenda. The problem there though, is that the majority of all too human people in the military and political arenas also have their own agenda and I would think it would seem to Aliens to be a waste of valuable time and resource.

Something is definitely going on regarding the "Alien" hypothesis but it is clearly not what it appears to be. IMHO

Cheers

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

Thank you for all the replies, I would like to give you the information about the military. I grew up a military brat. The people I have talked to said that they knew and saw these beings and craft. One even acknowledged that aliens did shut down the silos as part of military history, this persons rank was high up on the military food chain. You might be surprised how many people in the military feel like they are in a situation that is untenable. Especially ones that see abuse of power in extremely high rank and the lack of independent thinking. I found it odd that they would say that they would take orders from aliens also. I think that it would be overwhelming for them, to be faced with that much power from another intelligence. Who knows!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

You beat me to my thought. I have always believed that we must consider that alien intelligence may also mean alien thought, morals, ethics, and behavior, etc. as well. Considering the different possibilities as you have, I would add that we should concede that it would be possible that they have no recognizable hierarchy, and the concept of a "ruling" body or government could be foreign to them as well. I realize this is far out there (pardon the pun), but for the sake of pure speculation this would present a slew of problems. I have also wondered how aliens would have ever known how to navigate the fluff in order to find the specific individuals in any world's government that they would want to talk to in the first place. This would take an exceptionally difficult set of circumstances in addition to all the other obstacles in discussion in ATS forums today, and of course, would these individuals be the same we would seek out if we were the visitors? The differences in perception could be almost limitless.

For some unknown reason, I have not thought of this concept regarding leaders not being allowed to give us minions disclosure. I accept the Never Noticed An Obvious Possibility Award with due shame and present the OP with a star and flag for nudging me.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
governments deny ufos because they want exclusive dealings with aliens and because they are afraid of mass outrage that will come up when its revealed they've been hiding it. best thing to do for them is keep the status quo.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123bounce
governments deny ufos because they want exclusive dealings with aliens

Source?

Originally posted by 123bounce
and because they are afraid of mass outrage that will come up when its revealed they've been hiding it. best thing to do for them is keep the status quo.

Hiding what? There's never been any evidence of alien visitation of the Earth (to date). Apparently alien visitation is the only extant event in history that has no supporting evidence.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
there is tons of testimony from various sources. If a government wanted to suppress information this is exactly what we would have, many many stories from various people around the globe but no OFFICIAL endorsement. that's because the OFFICIAL endorsements are all squashed by the authority to preserve its own legitimacy. it's simple logic.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Denial was first ordered out of fear; fear, of what the public reaction would be. Then it has been perpetuated as a matter of policy inertia. Now "they" (the ubiquitous they or "TPTB") need to disclose the alien presence to be able to create a state of emergency to ramrod the OWG concept thru the peoples of the world (once the basic underlying structure is in place and people slowy get accustomed to the concept). President Reagan will finally get his fantasy (albeit fabricated - since the "alien invasion" will likely be mostly the modern equivalent of "smoke and mirrors"; that is, holograms with some contemporary psy-ops thrown in to help pull it off). Expect denial to give way to disclosure when the time is right.....
edit on 16-11-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
If the governments weren't afraid of letting the world change then we would all probably be a lot better off. But then changing world leads to changing power, etc., and we certainly wouldn't want that

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The government is loosing a covert war with the aliens and they don't want us to know about it. My Tarot readings point to a peak in the conflict in the Winter of 2014 and into spring of 2015. We loose ownership of Earth and your species will be wiped out. I'm sure if I'm able to divine this information, the government's documents and astrologers would put it bluntly that they will be destroyed and replaced by full visible aliens. "YAY!" The aliens have the upper hand and humanity doesn't have to see anything to loose the whole war. There are UFOs at every major disaster on Earth and I'm sure it's the aliens watching their plans come together as they prepare to remove humanity from this planet to later populate it with their kind.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Denying the existence of ETs makes our government look like fools.

Admitting the existence of ETs would reveal how far away from a true "government" they have become.

Until they are forced to face the truth, they just can't admit it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply, and for taking what I said on board like a rational human being. I find myself in the unique situation of submitting my skeptical response only to have it welcomed as a valid part of the discussion. Well done you for being a polite, rational human being! I do not doubt your discussion with these people and they may vehemently believe what they told you but you said it yourself.

I found it odd that they would say that they would take orders from aliens also.

That is the most important oddity regarding your discussions with these persons and rings alarm bells for me. It is so anti military even anti human that I would seriously question where these people's loyalties lie. If I need to question people's loyalties I am going to have a much more difficult time of believing them when they tell me aliens are taking over Government and positions within the Military without so much as a shred of tangible evidence.

I'd be more inclined to believe that they are part of a push for a particular movement or mindset pressed upon the general public to change or alter public opinion to better serve whoever is pulling the strings.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It doesn't deny UFOs, no one denies UFOs. It denies that they are intelligent alien craft, and/or a threat to the nation.

Why would they do that?

Well, here's a wild theory. Maybe UFOs aren't aliens?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Whatever the truth may be about UFO's, it's probably more shocking than anyone ever imagined. I can't conceive why else the U.S. gov would commence 60+ years of ridicule and debunk psychological warfare on the public to try keep them away from this phenomena.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

1.Deny they exist out of fear..That this disclosure would lead to the release of free energy technology to the public.
2. Would be admitting to having lied for the last 50 years.
3.Possibly would give the impression TPTB are not in control,as they would have us believe.
4.Would cause Religious issues among some of the population

Thnx for the post
edit on 17-11-2011 by HumanoidX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Never have I met anyone in the military that acknowledged alien life officially or in a casual conversation unless they were speculating like anyone else does around the water cooler or campfire.

And taking orders from someone outside of the chain of command that goes against your enlistment oath is treason.

Being close to a secure base does not give anyone access to classified information. If these military guys are going into the town outside of 51 and having loose lips with the locals or opening up to researchers on all manners of secure data then they need to be bedding down at Leavenworth for a spell. Next they'll be telling the Chinese how to build better nuclear subs.

Doesn't matter, if they ran off at the mouth and its being posted on the web then it won't be long before they are traced and prosecuted.

<< 1    3 >>

join