It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's it! We're done! PM Bends OVER for Obama!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by steveknows

What in the name of all that's Holy would Australia DO with 2 Super-Carriers??

I'm sure they would make lovely planters. But you'd need one hell of a doily to set them on, wouldn't you?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I don't know that much of history, but when a country gets financially strapped, it either falls to depression or gets desperate and invades others for resources. Amerika is cash-strapped right now. It's eaten a few snacks with Afghanistan, Iraq, Tunisia and Egypt. China might be looking tasty. The US Navy has historically served as a muscle for Amerika to flex, so I'm sure they're out there just beyond reach and I'm sure the Marines are serving the same purpose.

My shame for Amerika is running deep right now and I feel pain for you Aussies over there. You didn't vote for this. No one asked you.

After seeing me in frustration months ago, my poly-sci friend reminded me that I still have my voice and there's still local politics where my energy can be directed best (before the current protests). Through local politics, you can get heard and find alliances and help influence others. At least I assume it works that way over there.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Does that include you?
I'm interested to know your opinion on this subject myself steveknows, honestly.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

I don't like it but the Americans have had troops here for years so it's nothing really new at all, just a 'renewal'. what you should be asking it "why now?"

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Your article is from 2009, I think we're passed that today don't you?
Feel free to pick your side, I'll stay where I am for now.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

Of course, it's not that the US is particularly "strapped for cash," so much as the financial crack addicts at the very top need even bigger doses to get their fix.

I wish the intervention were moving a little faster.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I guess we don't have a monopoly on electing dumb ass leaders. Looks like your dumb ass is even stupider than our dumb ass if that's possible lol.

If you think the Chinese are mad now, just wait till they find out we're stiffing them for the loan they gave us.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
I guess we don't have a monopoly on electing dumb ass leaders. Looks like your dumb ass is even stupider than our dumb ass if that's possible lol.

If you think the Chinese are mad now, just wait till they find out we're stiffing them for the loan they gave us.

I don't know about that as she truly is the dumbarse. Mind you, we didn't elect her.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Our system is just as messed as yours clearly, otherwise he couldn't just drop on the doorstep and proclaim how it's all going to be from now on. Now that's messed up.
Interesting that today the middle east got together for a peace conference and how to deal with America....
He says God bless us, I say God help us all.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Does that include you?
I'm interested to know your opinion on this subject myself steveknows, honestly.

Of course I don't know. the U.S and Australia have exchanged troops for years. As to why it's become this big media thing and exactly what it's all about in this case know one knows. And anyone on here who claims to know would be a liar.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Addicts have to hit rock bottom or get to the bottom of the barrel to actually quit. There's still some lingering property owners here and there, oh, and there's a gold mine in retirement accounts just waiting, calling!...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Our system is just as messed as yours clearly, otherwise he couldn't just drop on the doorstep and proclaim how it's all going to be from now on. Now that's messed up.
Interesting that today the middle east got together for a peace conference and how to deal with America....
He says God bless us, I say God help us all.

How is he proclaiming it's all going to be? It's not like he's here to tell us what to do.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

As far as we're considered, you're part of "the west

Basically.. .yeah. The president peed on your trees and said "this is mine."

Whether you consider it or not is irrelevant. We are a western country

Ooooh. You've so much spunk but so little validity

edit on 17-11-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

You're right. It's the UN. Isn't Obama the President of the UN security council? Or do those change hands every now and then? BTW that is unconstitutional for him to do that.

Oh wait a sec. It's the Banksters. You know, Goldman Sachs and their lot? The ones who just inserted Super Mario into Italy's prime seat to figure out how they're going to carve out that carcass amongst themselves?
edit on 17-11-2011 by TheMatrixusesYou because: misspelling

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

NOW I've seen everything!

Waking up to this blatant creeping into our country and a slow take over of Australia, I feel sick.
I can hardly put a coherent word together, I'm friggin' speechless!

Check out the faces of both our PM and the visiting war monger on the first vid (on link), body language much?!
And he's already starting a verbal slinging match with China!! from OUR shores, he's just squirted his territory in OUR country! WTF?!

Jesus! I hope you people manage to put someone else in who actually has control of it's self. Then clean up your monetary system and the people who own that, we might actually have peace on earth-ish.
Okay it might not solve everything but geez it'd have to come close!

link

The United States will deploy up to 2,500 Marines to Australia as the nations expand their 60-year-old military alliance, President Barack Obama said Wednesday in a move that rankled China. Stressing the rising economic influence of the Asia-Pacific, Obama told reporters in Canberra he was stepping up Washington's commitment to the region, undaunted by China, which he said America did not fear.

This is not his region!

"And we are going to make sure that we are able to fulfil our leadership goal in the Asia-Pacific region."

?!

"It may not be quite appropriate to intensify and expand military alliances and may not be in the interest of countries within this region," China's foreign ministry spokesman Liu Weimin said.

It is NOT appropriate at all!!

Obama has hardened his tone on China in recent weeks, expressing frustration at Beijing's failure to do more to allow the yuan to reach a fair market level and venting at China's performance on protecting US innovation. "The main message that I've said not only publicly but also privately to the Chinese is that with their rise comes increased responsibility," he said

China is a major trading partner for Australia, where its voracious demand for minerals and energy has helped underpin the national economy's strength.

and the fight over our resources begins...

I feel sick, this will be good for no one here, especially my children, alliances my ass!

Our PM will NOT last the next election, that's MY prediction and hope...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I don't know. You think the middle east could do something? They won't cut off Amerika's oil supply as they are owned. And they don't have enough RPG's I don't think. I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Please review this link:

Australia US relations history

And please don't forget about the Commonwealth of Nations

And the Singapore Declaration

This is all really important reading.
I can tell many of you are forgetting these very important facts.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

What in the name of all that's Holy would Australia DO with 2 Super-Carriers?? I'm not sure I fully understand the need for the sheer number the U.S. has, but we've accepted the role as peacekeeper of the High Seas
so whatever... Australian ones though? Oh I sure hope your nation remains resistant to that. You really don't want to wake up one morning with a Navy capable of playing world Cop. You'll find the world doesn't ask, it DEMANDS you do it every time someone calls 911.

Well Johny didn't get his way and I hope that it turns out that he was wrong to what them. Anyway. we have had carriers in the past. We are a maritime nation and we do seem to be fighting alot of wars way from home.

However if it is that China is going to make some kind of play that would explain the carriers. Australia has always had a policy of better over there than here. We can reach all of our most likely enemies from here but if chinas going to make a push in areas of our trading influence and reponsibility then interest two super carriers would then make alot of sense.

As I said. I think they've known something was brewing a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Does that include you?

Of course I don't know. the U.S and Australia have exchanged troops for years. As to why it's become this big media thing and exactly what it's all about in this case know one knows. And anyone on here who claims to know would be a liar.

Come now steve, let's not mince words, you haven't before.

Was this announcement a shock to you?
What was your fist reaction?

It certainly seems it was a shock to most of our politicians as evidence by their very very careful responses to questions on live feed from ABC today.

I am not proclaiming to know where they're going with this, but when one country does the same thing over and over again, what makes you think our little 'friendship' will be any different?

Our beautiful little resource rich country...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join