That's it! We're done! PM Bends OVER for Obama!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Scratch that try this one...

link

Thanks to Jude11 xx
edit on 16-11-2011 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Americans are the problem not Obama. It is Americans who insist that cheaply made goods from China are the only way to obtain those goods. Can Americans really not produce textiles and shoes? I know damn well American can produce those goods. It's just the free market system makes it easier to obtain goods with an unjust system.

Ron Paul can suck it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The fact is, Australia doesnt pick fights with other countries,all the wars we have been involved in ,are the result of our connection and support of our allies ,in the hope ,i guess of having support when we need it.
You want to stand alone in this big bad world? Being friends with the biggest gun is a deterrent to others.
Either way ,if there is a war we will side with the U.S ,so the idea of their presence here is not going to make any difference to how it already is

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I was under the impression that one of the main reasons we don't currently speak Japanese, is the involvement of the USA in the pacific.

A strengthening of an old alliance should not be cause for great concern, although I don't like the cage rattling in China's direction.

There is also a particlarly high concentration of a particular religion not very fond of us, just to the North of Darwin.

Going by history, I think I would rather the Marines and USAF watching our backs in Darwin rather than the Brits in England.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I don't live my life hiding behind bullies, I would like us not to be doing that as a country out of imported fear either.

Isn't there evidence (on ATS somewhere I read) about the Americans holding off telling their OWN people in Pearl Harbour that attack was imminent?
Regardless of that there innumerable threads on how the American people don't want this rubbish any more either, from their bankrupt country desperate to top up funds.
It's money and it's resources, and if you kid yourself into thinking it's anything else...

what can I say sir.... but you are clearly more afraid than I, a mere sheila.

edit on 16-11-2011 by AussieAmandaC because: sorry pearl comment to post above

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
u.s. is trying to expand military influence in the pacific to counter china's growing economic influence. the u.s. are not stupid, the chips have to be stacked in america's favor when world war 3 comes.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Either way the U.S is our ally .Without there involvement in the Pacific theatre in WWII ,we would have been at the mercy of the Japanese war machine. .War will and has always happened ,so we may as well accept it and be on the winning side.
Now look whats happened from all these wars and rumours of war
www.abc.net.au...
China and Indonesia have questioned the wisdom of Australia hosting US Marines in the Northern Territory, with claims the move risks creating a "circle of tension and mistrust".

Whats wrong with this ? there is no circle of trust to begin with

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

It's disgraceful how our PM's ALWAYS bend over for an American President. what are our choices in the next election... lets see, hmmm Liberal or labour, WOW what a shocker!!!
Vote the greens in and we'll be invaded in a month
Vote anyone else in and we may as well just move to greece and live in poverty.

We desperatly need an alternative. (i desperatly need to improve my spellng)
And the Australian publics attitude towards things doesn't help. We all think that we are so far removed from the rest of the world but the truth is becoming evident now isn't it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

From your own link

'Play by the rules'

The notion that we fear China is mistaken. The notion that we are looking to exclude China is mistaken.

"We're not scared of you! and.. "Oh don't feel left out we'll be there soon"
(rough personal translation to the above quote )

"US president Barack Obama
When questioned about China's future in the Asia-Pacific, Mr Obama said he "welcomed a rising, peaceful China" but warned it must "play by the rules of the road".

"What they've [China] been able to achieve in terms of lifting hundreds of millions of people out of poverty has been nothing short of remarkable," he said.

"The main message that I've said not only publicly but also privately to China is that with their rise comes increased responsibility."

Thanks for the compliment Obama, glad us poor Chinese have done good in your eyes that's important....
What?!?! What's that you say?? You want a bigger piece of the pie?

Who's bloody rules??? Not the peoples rules certainly or our own rules...their rule, his rule, his puppet masters rule.
What increased responsibility?? How to make American Government/Money men happy?

Your defeatist attitude is depressing and this issue is not over by a long shot.

Our allies are any peaceful people, including the American people, we should not be making friends based on might alone, that sends the wrong kind of message from our own free country

Incidentally you need to get over the past, forgive and forget, and make sure it doesn't happen again with good relations world wide...
NOT pandering to the insatiable appetite of the American Complex, not the people, the complex, or whatever the heck people call the rubbish they term as leadership over there.

We may just have lost our independence, as Bob Brown suggests...

Oh and one more thing!
So because of their help 60 years ago, we are forever in their debt? and have to follow no matter what crimes against humanity they do now?
seriously...
your logic is flawed
edit on 16-11-2011 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Labour - not unless they grow a spine ASAP
Liberal - not if my life depended on it
Greens - who's gunna invade? ?
Move to Greece - hmm poor buggers don't need extra mouths to feed right now themselves

Sure do need something else, this is poxy as it is...

spelling shmelling!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Hi,

The plan is for Australia to play the role of Police in the Pacific region.. it has always been the plan. What we are seeing here now is only the public face for the plan getting closer to fruition.

China... yes, we sell them a lot of things that they turn into toxic crap and sell back to us. They are not our friends or allies. I would rather we stand up and demand action on their Human Rights Issues than worry about upsetting them enough for them to stop buying our Uranium that should just be left in the ground anyway.

Mining boom, it's not real anymore. Not like the old days of Aussie Companies working here and the money mostly staying here. Most mining today is owned by overseas interests.. and the money goes overseas. Why else do we need a Mining Tax for? To make sure we get something worthwhile for our Resources.

Politics is Politics. The two-party referred system has always been a scam played out on the poulation of our country. It is not based in Fairness and Equality, it is not about what's really best for Australia.. other than some money in the coffers... and it certainly has never been about what We the People want for Our Country.

Politics is a career choice, for the Lifestyle, Kudos and Remuneration in retirement. Hardly anyone goes into Politics to make a difference, and those who do are knee-capped immediately so that they tow the Part Line.

This Prime Minister is no better or that different to Fraser, Howard, or any other. All are basically Dishonest.. because they are Politicians.

Doesn't matter how you vote. It means nothing. No Party is better than the other. They only have slightly different approaches.. EG: Labor is a Inflationary style Government, while the Liberal/National Party are anti-inflationary. One spends money on infrustructure, health and education, the other hoards it until they want to use it.

The only person to blame for what we see with these Politicians and their ways, is, Ourselves for not stranding up earlier and forcing the necessary changes our Country and it's People needed.

Sorry for any typos.. got to go

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
One power or another will end up dominating the pacific. the question is who.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

The only person to blame for what we see with these Politicians and their ways, is, Ourselves for not stranding up earlier and forcing the necessary changes our Country and it's People needed.

I couldn't agree more with your statement but It can never be too late or what the he!! is the point to us?
We can not sit passively back and allow something that is so blatant it's insulting. Our American friends have done this to their detriment, they see now though don't they?

It's almost a case of...
"calm don't kids we can all be friends and play fair"
"No you can't bully your way in, you must use your manners and play nice"

We're going to have to be the mediator, but wait til Obama starts to come heavy handed if he thinks he's not going to get what he wants/what his bosses want....

It's a dam shame you Americans can't see/hear how our political parties are responding to this, you would not have confidence about our support yet regardless of what Gillard says...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

I dont see what the big deal is ,Australia has always been a U.S ally .
They already have troops and bases here and the NT is a strategic area .Nothing has changed ,China will still buy our iron ore and the U.S will carry on doing what they do.

Yes but this is ats and most people are ignorant of anything. There's no doubt there's people on here who are only just now learning that there is a southern hemisphere.

You are right in what you say for the most part except about the bases.

We have always been allies withthe U.S but the U.S does not have bases here. Pine gap is a joint base and any U.S troops here have been on exchange using our bases like we have with there's.

Get ready Australia. You're about to witness a hell of alot of uneducated ill informed opinions form people who don't research before mouthing of.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
I was under the impression that one of the main reasons we don't currently speak Japanese, is the involvement of the USA in the pacific.

A strengthening of an old alliance should not be cause for great concern, although I don't like the cage rattling in China's direction.

There is also a particlarly high concentration of a particular religion not very fond of us, just to the North of Darwin.

Going by history, I think I would rather the Marines and USAF watching our backs in Darwin rather than the Brits in England.

you're right in alot of what you say but perhaps you should read upon Aussie war time history.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Blah Blah Blah.

Without the US Australia would be talking Japanese. How is it that Australia raises idiots in this modern age is beyond undertsanding. All the information in the world and insanity pervates all areas of humanity.

Want to know why she accepted it? use that little ball of grey stuff.. hang on maybe it is small. Just think about it is all I say. You'd be the first to wimper in tyour pillow like a babay if in 210 years you were invaded. You'd be so scared you'd fail to enlist.

Please grow up.

Now watch this be deleted because it is the only honest thing on ATS today

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Japan is a lot closer to China than Australia. So is Guam, so is South Korea. Hell, so is Afghanistan.

Think about it. This means nothing.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm so ashamed of being an Australian today! Our useless excuse for a PM playing host to the Antichrist. And it pisses me of the fact that most Australians have lost their balls!! "There will be no carbon tax under a goverment I lead".Bunch of bull#!! In the old days, the lying politians of today would have never gotten away with # like that.
And now we are offering the US a footing in our country to start Armageddon.
Australian troops would never shoot at their own people, but I don't think American ones would have any problem in shooting at us. With all the unrest going around with all the Occupy movements, it seems a little coincidental that all of a sudden they are posting troops on our soil.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So how does it feel in the land down under? To know that your leader and government can't escape the 'Elite' progressive movement towards WWIII and an emerging NWO...

I wonder if all 'trash' talking will become null and void once it becomes apparent that the people of the world haven't been given too many options of means towards eliminating this from coming into fruition.

Yall want a way out? Find solutions... We've found ours, Ron Paul. Although, that only gets us so far...

Maybe a little 'Thrive' movement is in store, or some 'Zeitgeist' movement on an international scale will become more important as people find the need to escape what the ignorance of the mass' has allowed to come into being.

Either way, have fun...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
I'm bumpin' this too...
where are all the Aussies?
Are you guys happy about this?

ABC live

Im really pissed off about it, more US marines in AUS? I think it's such an obvious move, he's only because he is aware that a war may break out in which the US will be against China via some kind of Iran/Israel conflict situation, I feel this is why he is here, just to make sure that we don't consider siding with our own region, just in case. So yeah, it really pisses me off, I want the US OUT OF AUSTRALIA and FAST, they have NO BUSINESS HERE, we don't want to be dragged into yet another conflict because the US wants to hold onto its slipping power, I hate it and it makes me so mad, but don't worry people.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join