It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's it! We're done! PM Bends OVER for Obama!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by outsidethesquare

[Snip]

From what I can tell, you've got a chip on your shoulder now because Aussies haven't backed down and licked American boots and acknowledged that America is the Supreme Master of the Universe. From an Aussies point-of-view, this is what most of the American posturing looks like to us.

Aussies are proud people, we just don't wave flags around like other countries do, and we don't bow to anybody no matter how much they scream, cry, bring up past history or generally try to make us look like a country full of "[snip]" because we won't bend over and accept the Giant Phallus.
edit on 18/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post and naughty word

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
[SNIP]

I know the core of the problem Kryties. This is a true and first hand observation from my 2 years living in Califorinia U.S

I was watching U.S documentary once about anaphylactic shock. In the documentary they showed Tasmania and an ant in Tasmania that causes anaphylactic shock to anyone it stings. This U.S documentary told the watching U.S audience that Tasmania was an island South of Australia. Now any American who was watching and didn't know any better would now think that Tasmania is not a state of Australia.

I noticed trend in their media of how they present information to their public.

If say U.S scientists or engineers or anyone developed a treatment or invented something or solved a big problem it would be preseted to the watching population that 'American scientists have......'

But when the invention, treatment or whatever was not from America it would be presented to the American public as 'Scientists have...." Without stating the country involved.

It was as if it was culturally unacceptable for the American watcher to be told if the positive development came from another country.

As where here in Australia we are told Australian, American,German etc

This is why the U.S will get on a high horse that most of the time it doesn't own and then talk down to the people who do own it. And yet they'll still wonder why the world gets offended.

And this is also why Australias major role in what is going on in the NT and the fact that the technology behind the missile defence system is Australias has been lost on the Americans posting on here. They naturaly assume that it is we who need the U.S and won't stop to think for a second that it might be the U.S who needs us.
edit on 18-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

edit on 18-11-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Wrong again. I never said anyting to you until you finally gave into the urge (because you were witnessing a political gang bang) of jumping into this circus side show and joining a few of your fellow comrades who were desperately attempting, though failed miserabley, to dominate me with nothing more than sheer numbers. Quite gutless I must say. Again, Without America (as much as I understand your feelings of disgust), Australia is another prize of Red China, just as they might reclaim their former prize of Taiwan. I know, sometimes the truth is hard to swallow. Just ask the French after Dunkirk. ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

Can we please tone down the insults a notch? Or if you'd be so kind: Tone it down completely.

The Topic is "That's it! We're done! PM Bends OVER for Obama!". Focus on that and not on each other.

edit on 18-11-2011 by Gemwolf because: WW

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

I dont mind having the marines up north, i mean the number they are putting in isnt much... keeping in mind our elite special forces dont fight the enemy.. they tease them

but this whole dog and pony show is stupid.. ive seen articles about gillard touching his ass, to the special relationship... but really, she's a deer in the headlights.. look at her eyes in the photos.. to her its just another kodak moment, and a framed photo on her hallway wall.

and the media ate it up like dogs.

QUESTION!

Why can Obama find the time to travel to australia and spend 29hrs with a prime minister... yet he cant find time to talk to the OWS protestors.. or he cant talk to the bankers and tell them enoughs enough. If he was a President about change and the good fight.. it seems he's sat hiding in the corner for 4 long years.

Coward... Gillards not going to last long anyway... if she survives the election she'll get stabbed in the back within the first 12months. to Australia this relationship, these leaders... they really are nobodies.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Wrong again. I never said anyting to you until you finally gave into the urge (because you were witnessing a political gang bang) of jumping into this circus side show and joining a few of your fellow comrades who were desperately attempting, though failed miserabley, to dominate me with nothing more than sheer numbers. Quite gutless I must say. Again, Without America (as much as I understand your feelings of disgust), Australia is another prize of Red China, just as they might reclaim their former prize of Taiwan. I know, sometimes the truth is hard to swallow. Just ask the French after Dunkirk. ~SheopleNation

It's your country who needs mine. Yet again. There wouldn't be a misslie defence against their ICBM's and such if not for my country. The closest you got to one was that joke we used to laugh about in science at school called the Star wars project.

I remember one of my teachers asked us to discuss the flaws of it. And the first and most obvious was that Russia could just put a space mine next to it and let of off prior to attack. I think your country had spent millions of dollars on the project before realising what a classroom of Aussie school kids had already figured out.

God bless America. Stop having a go at my country. You've got no idea. The enemies we've had in the past know all about it though.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Gemwolf, I will be the first to apologize my friend. The passion got a hold of me. My apologies my friend. ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Apparently it is seen as a blight on humanity to defend the honour of ones country and it's ability to defend itself without outside help in a place where the honour of ones country, and it's defence capability, has been called into question.

I am left a little flabberghasted, to be honest.

EDIT TO ADD: The situation that caused me to write this in response has now been resolved to my satisfaction.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Apparently it is seen as a blight on humanity to defend the honour of ones country and it's ability to defend itself without outside help in a place where the honour of ones country, and it's defence capability, has been called into question.

I am left a little flabberghasted, to be honest.

It's only blight if it's the U.S under fire.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

you mean the French who saved your arse in the American war of independents? See Aussies will always get ttrough with or without your helpand this thing up north is no different.

Do the french have written on the walls of their classrooms "Remember the U.S"? Because they've sure as hell got "Remember Australia". There's streets and all remembering Australia.

It's ok. You can research it knowledge won't bite. Actually it does appears to be biting you pretty hard.
edit on 18-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by gladtobehere
We had to invade Australia, you guys have gold.

Its for your own good. As a matter of fact, you'll be begging for us to stay after Al-CIAeda stages a few terrorist attacks.

ASIO actually identifies these cells and catches them before hand.
Then of course the doooooogoooodeeeeeeeeeeers yak on about peoples rights.

People's rights suck.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
you mean the French who saved your arse in the American war of independents? See Aussies will always get ttrough with or without your helpand this thing up north is no different.

Do the french have written on the walls of their classrooms "Remember the U.S"? Because they've sure as hell got "Remember Australia". There's streets and all remembering Australia.

It's ok. You can research it knowledge won't bite. Actually it does appears to be biting you pretty hard.

There is a town in France somewhere (I cannot remember the name of it) that celebrates Australia Day on the 26th of January along with us Aussies - in remembrance and in celebration of the help that we Aussies provided them in WW1 and 2. They display Australian flags all over town throughout the year and have a special museum all set up in the Aussie Diggers honour.

EDIT: Found it, it's called Villers-Bretonneux.

www.ww1westernfront.gov.au...

Just over a year after that famous 1918 Anzac Day when the AIF entered the town, on France’s national day, 14 July 1919, the people of Villers–Bretonneux showed their gratitude. A special plaque, now in the Australian War Memorial’s Western Front Gallery, was unveiled and presented to the members of an Australian Graves Detachment which was still working at Villers–Bretonneux. In handing over the plaque the mayor spoke of the now firm connection between his town and that distant continent which few of its inhabitants had ever seen:

The first inhabitants of Villers–Bretonneux to re–establish themselves in the ruins of what was once a flourishing little town have, by means of donations, shown a desire to thank the valorous Australian Armies, who with the spontaneous enthusiasm and characteristic dash of their race, in a few hours chased an enemy ten times their number … Soldiers of Australia, whose brothers lie here in French soil, be assured that your memory will always be kept alive, and that the burial places of your dead will always be respected and cared for.

Read more HERE....

au.news.yahoo.com...

French town grateful to our diggers

It is not quite what you would expect to see while driving into a town in northern France: a red kangaroo.

But there it is, on a hand-painted green and gold sign, alongside bold lettering: Anzac Day 25 Avril.

Further into Villers-Bretonneux and the Australian theme grows.

On Rue De Melbourne, Australian flags decorate tables at Le Melbourne bar.

Barmaid Pommier Vanessa points proudly to a football sitting behind the bar.

A leaflet on a table helps explain.

It details a program of events leading up to Anzac Day.

Among them was a football game that took place yesterday at the "Stade de Footy".

A five-minute drive reveals the "Stade" to be a patch of grass wedged between the billowing crops of green or vivid yellow which stretch into the distance.

Stretching up above them not far away is an imposing and sombre stone tower where the finale to the list of events will take place.

The Anzac Day dawn service.

The tower watches over the memorial to about 11,000 Australians who died in France during World War I and who have no known grave. Below it, among the immaculate lawns and garden beds, are rows of headstones.

The Diggers paid a high price as they recaptured Villers-Bretonneux from the German army on April 24 and 25, 1918. And while for some years Gallipoli has been the focus of Anzac Day pilgrimages, interest in the Western Front battle sites is growing.

Read more HERE....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by Burgo1010

Has China ever invaded a sovereign nation???? NO I do not believe so

Has USA Ever invaded a sovereign nation??? Stupid question, its all it does

Who do you believe

Has any country ever invaded China? So why would China want to invade Australia?

exactly

If the U.S was not around it is not far fetched to say "maybe there would have been a hell of a lot more invading going on".

Look at prior to WW2. I call that a hell of a lot of invading.

I choose not to live in the past mate, It just makes me laugh "Operation Paper-clip" it was just a changing of the guard really

Does not mean you have to live in the past but if you dont even acknowledge it then you are in denial. And YOU are in denial.

So is Kryties.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Malcher because: Last line.

No i'm not lol my Grandad was at Normandy before you lot even showed your faces .... you show the american arrogance that pisses me off ... oh i don't need a gun, guns are for pussies
edit on 18/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
NOW should I be scared at the blatant threat...?!?

link

The Pentagon has held a successful test flight of a flying bomb that travels faster than the speed of sound and will give military planners the ability to strike targets anywhere in the world in less than an hour.

I am not scared yet....
what an effing bully!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Yep, why kill them with a slower bomb when you can do it at supersonic speeds!! I bet if they painted it red it would kill even more civilians from a great distance....

/sarcasm

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join