It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's it! We're done! PM Bends OVER for Obama!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by steveknows

I was proving a point to myself, usually Australians I meet who say island and kind of float away the continent point seem to be......less Australian.
My point was that those who have self esteem in country know what they live on..

People here are saying things about you being a prick,, they just don;t get it I think. I hang out with some Aussies over here in the phils often and they all share your mindset for the most part. I have found as long as you don't talk crap about their country you've got everything in the world in common with them.. Whatever problems you do have we can solve with drinks...
...Damn life is good.

Well there's some truth to that.

It's not negative comments I don't like but groundless uneducated opinion put across as fact.

These people who make these claims actually believe what they're saying.

And what happens is that those opinions get put across as fact, I correct them, they go away and check for themselves and find out they're wrong, then they either don't repsond because they feel like idiots for going on their Hollywood education ,or they repond with a negative in order to try to save some kind of face and that negative is that I am a prick.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
but it's true, we do all ride kangaroos to work and drink beer 24/7. "Bloody hell" and "G'day" are 95% of our language and we constantly 'throw another shrimp on the barby' even though we call them prawns here.

how do they know us so well?!?!!!

Seriously, i was actually asked by two different Americans if i rode a kangaroo to work. I have a good sarcasm detector too.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by outsidethesquare

I wasn't questioning your will, I was only stating a fact. An invading Red Chinese Army would quickly overwhelm your unarmed population. All your food and water would go to their forces. They would kill most of the Men, and your women would be raped. How in the World you believe that you would not need our assistance is beyond my understanding.

Look, I don't like my Country policing the World, invading Countries. The fact is evil people are in control of it for now, but you should be glad that we are allies and that we would fight and die to protect your Nation.

Anyway with that being said, The madman Obama is currently trying to seize our firearms. He's not gonna get them though. That much I can assure you. ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Giday...

I don't give a sh!t about stars and flags 1st off
have them....I give them to you freely, what do I need them for?

The responses good and bad are fantastic, I've enjoyed reading the entire thread myself.
and to tell the truth, I got a kick out of being on home page twice, together, so thanks to those that put it there.
X a
Yesterday morning I was angry, upset, disappointed, frustrated, sad, and scared. And my knee jerk reaction was to insult someone who is not truly responsible for what's going on. I did not lay straight in bed last night because of that...
so
I'm sorry miss gillard for insinuating you bent over for anyone, your personal preferences on positions is absolutely none of my business.
I am sorry for the wording on the headline, it's not classy, you had a tough day yesterday and you didn't deserve it.

Just like Obama though, she's not actually responsible for any of this....
think about it, just for a minute.

Where DOES all that money go?
It certainly doesn't go into making the majority of human life better, anywhere. Not yours...not theirs...and not ours.
Resources, weapons, getting people working harder for less and less as time goes by and convincing us that is how it's going to be. End of story,

No it's not! What stupid ass kind of attitude is that?!
I refuse....you should refuse....they should refuse
WE are the machine that makes it run, WE are the pump that gives water, WE are the actions that feed them
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chinese history
American history
Australian history

Please don't pick on where the links came from, it's irrelevant to my next point...
If you have better one's please post them, even if it's not a country I mentioned, it's okay, in fact, it's encouraged.

We have such a baby country compared to just about everybody else when your talking white occupation (here that is and because that's how I came to be here)
but the history of our lands are exactly the same age as yours....your childrens blood is the same colour as my childrens blood, this makes us friends in my eyes

The land? I don't own it, you don't own it, and since we've been here we (humans) haven't improved on it.
How many times have you seen/heard/or said that?
But culture has grown, beliefs have grown, some even merged across the seas to become something that remarkably has a great many resemblances to each other, even when they couldn't possibly, according to what we're told.
Wouldn't you love the freedom to visit/live anywhere you wanted to? and learn what you wanted to? and be just what you wanted?
Why are we not allowed to make friends where ever we wish?
That's is just insane.
It is all about you and me and us
The destruction of history, any history, is wrong, I feel ripped off personally that wars destroy all things that people create, as an example, bombs (I don't give a sh!t whose!) have destroyed architecture in the Middle East that will never be seen again. Never.
THAT is criminal
We're all too busy trying to survive the environment we've been told we have to live in, that our creativity as humans has been crushed.......and in some cases our hopes
THAT is disgusting.
I oo and ahh over 200 year old buildings here, and some of you mob have buildings that span 1000's of years, when that is destroyed we all suffer the loss, that's why new great discoveries (and yes there are still lots out there) are so great. It opens more doors to possibilities of expanding our minds and our understanding of ourselves. What's the big f**king secret?
Some of you have religion that spans hundreds of years, some others have religions that span 10,000 years,
and 100 000 years or more!!!. It doesn't matter what's it's called.
I'm not going to assume to tell you your religion is wrong, any religion.
But I wont allow any one to tell me what I have to believe either.
So I will refuse to believe that China wishes me ill, that is my choice.
Why do we chose to tolerate poverty on our planet at all?!?!
We have more than what we all need, yes the entire 7 billion of us, to ensure everyone has a chance to live how they want. I'm prepared to share, I share for friends, if they need it more than me, they can have it, you don't have to steal it.
Give them the money, all of it, let em have it, we will make do, we will find a way, you can't stop us, for every one of you there is......how many of us????????
They can have it all
But we will not dig it out of the ground for you, we wont produce for you, we wont take any notice of you if you are not acting like a human.
There's land enough for all, and if we can build to suit the environment we can all have a roof over our heads and food in our guts
X

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Very passionate post there, nice job. Above though, you're gravely mistaken to not fear Red China. If The USA ever goes bye bye, you guys are finished. That my friend, is reality. ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Very passionate post there, nice job. Above though, you're gravely mistaken to not fear Red China. If The USA ever goes bye bye, you guys are finished. That my friend, is reality. ~SheopleNation

That is crap, and you will not convince me otherwise.
But thanks for commenting

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Well, It's not like I hope that I am correct anyway, because I don't. Don't mention it.
~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

You have a very strange viewpoint on the reality of a country you are not a citizen of.

China has no reason to invade us, and if they did, like i said, it just wouldn't work.

How much do you know about the geography and culture of my country? Serious question?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by outsidethesquare

Did you let them know about the drop bears? Gotta keep that on the low down...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

No I realised you aussies are a bunch of pricks with a chip on your shoulder.... And as for any body invading Australia, no one said anything about invading, does big ass mushroom cloud mean anything to you.. Hide your arse's in the outback from that little Chinese gift....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

they go straight for the NUTS

shocking creatures

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethesquare
but it's true, we do all ride kangaroos to work and drink beer 24/7. "Bloody hell" and "G'day" are 95% of our language and we constantly 'throw another shrimp on the barby' even though we call them prawns here.

how do they know us so well?!?!!!

Seriously, i was actually asked by two different Americans if i rode a kangaroo to work. I have a good sarcasm detector too.

I lived in the U.S for 2 years. for the most part they're good people and very much ilke us but their general knowledge is not their strong point.

Henry ford invented the car.
The industrial revolution started in the U.S in the early 1900's
Australia is a little island.
Errol Flynn wasn't Australian he was Tasmanian and Tasmania is south of Australia.
Aussies call soccer football.
Alot didn't know we used different money to the U.S
Australians are British.
The U.S saved the world and gave it democracy
Australians mainly eat seafood.
How did I feel being able to buy a steak.
And on and on and on.
edit on 17-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

link   
reply to post by snowen20

No I know it's not that bad, but what hurts the most is my real name is STEVE.

link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262

No I realised you aussies are a bunch of pricks with a chip on your shoulder.... And as for any body invading Australia, no one said anything about invading, does big ass mushroom cloud mean anything to you.. Hide your arse's in the outback from that little Chinese gift....

sweeping generalisations are always a good idea, nice one mate

you're showing your true colours based on the posts of a handful of other people. And of course, these people represent the 22 million of us entirely. Grow up?

You never even replied to me asking why you went from support to almost rage-quit status, then just continue to bag us out
edit on 17/11/2011 by outsidethesquare because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/11/2011 by outsidethesquare because: sp

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
quote-arbiture

"Please do us all a favor, and just calm down. Australia is a major player in the Pacific. You may not think you are but you are. And the U.S knows this. Today the Chinese are flexing their military muscle in regions from Vietnam to the Philippines. And what are you going to do about that? This is all happening on your northern doorstep my southern friends. The U. S. offers a few hundred troops in time perhaps 2,500. Small potatoes. And that ties Australia even deeper to the American defense perimeter. Perhaps you have heard of SEATO? Like NATO it was conceived during the early years of the cold war, and tied nations in south east asia and Australia to the U.S. in a military pact that whatever happened to you also happened to us. Don't knock it. Consider it a gift. "

I have to AGree if China ever does start to move towards Conquest , can you tell me you wont be begging for US intervention ..The whole world bitchs about everything we do until thet are attacked ,or a victim of a disaster or name a thousand different things that the US Millitary does worldwide to bring relief to victims .How bout this every Country that wants to complain about us having Soldiers there ,fine but do not ask for help when A Tsunami wipes most of your Eastern Seaboard off the map .....
edit on 17-11-2011 by essanance because: Post did not give proper Quote info

edit on 17-11-2011 by essanance because: Post Is not giving peoper Quote info

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Mate, seriously, you're just not getting that the fearmongering matters not one iota to the average Aussie. We aren't taught from a young age to fear 'commies', we are taught that we are part of a greater whole - unlike certain countries that claim superiority, force their will on others, pick fights with everyone who disagrees with them and maintain military presences in almost every corner of the world acting like world police.

Spare me the America is Great propaganda. It means absolutely nothing to me.

edit on 17/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

That is a really good call, a lot of people on here don''t really seem to get it

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262

1. You've obviously been so full of what you wanted to say that you didn't bother reading any of the posts..

2. Anyone who actually has half a brain knows that nuclear war will only happen if the middle east gets hold of them.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Projecting much?

You are mistaken my friend, I would actually claim the complete opposite, Australians are among the most relaxed people in the world, just jump on a plane and find out, but no, you've probably never left your country and still believe you can speak authoritatively about places you've never been and know nothing about, nice one mate

*cracks open a VB

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join