It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Hansen Meets Batman (To Troll A Predator)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Vigilante teens pose as superheroes, confront predators

The RCMP says that a group of teenagers that ambushed men they believed to be child predators were playing a dangerous game.

Following the premise of NBC's "To Catch a Predator," three teenage boys from Chilliwack, B.C., lured a series of men to public places in the Fraser Valley and videotaped the meetings.

Each of the men targeted were tricked into believing that a 15-year-old girl would be waiting for them. Instead, the men were greeted by teenage boys in superhero costumes who confronted them about their intentions.

in one incident, a teenage boy dressed up as Batman asked a man in a park if he was "here for the underage girl."

In another, Batman and The Flash follow a man through a fast-food restaurant, telling the other patrons that he is both "a pedophile" and a "sex offender."

The teenagers videotaped each confrontation and published them on YouTube.

They called their project "To Troll a Predator."

When police learned of what the teenagers had been up to, they immediately pointed out the inherent danger of their actions.

RCMP Cpl. Matt Van Laer said the teenagers had no way of predicting how their targets would react, including how willing potential predators might be to target real victims -- not just the fake ones they were supposed to be meeting with.

"If they (predators) go to the wrong park, or if they go to the wrong meeting zone, and/or they are in a state of arousal of some sort, they might decide to act on another child, completely unrelated," he told CTV British Columbia.

The teenagers have since pulled their videos off the Internet and apologized for their actions.

While police have not identified any of the men they targeted, they are not expecting to lay any charges against the teenagers at this point.

"They're good kids, they have told our investigators that they have made a mistake," RCMP Cpl. Tammy Hollingsworth told CTV British Columbia.

First of all what these kids did was dangerous. It could have easily backfired on them. They had no idea what kind of slime ball they were meeting, in fact they had every reason to believe these people were absolute scum bags for the fact that these men thought they were meeting underage girls.

On the other hand I can't help but find some twisted humor in all of this. I remember NBC Dateline with Chris Hansen and some of the episodes were borderline comical with these losers getting busted. These kids taped these meetings and they were even circulating YouTube for a while.

I can only imagine what these dirt backs were thinking when some boys in costume showed up instead of the little girl they were expecting.

Here are there videos thanks to Silend there is some bad language so beware if easily offended.

edit on 16-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Heres a link to their youtube channel

www.youtube.com.../u/0/DvU69L-jfks

Hilarious!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Thanks!

I will check it out right now

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
this sounds awesome, i would like a link to the videos if found!

I don't think these kids really care if they get hurt or not, superheros put their lives at risk every day!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I edited my OP to embed the videos.

Silend also provided the link to their channel.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
LMAO! I love how he keeps doing the deep Batman voice to this guy.
That is some funny stuff, thanks for posting it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I laughed so hard when 'Batman' started talking. That was hysterical. I may need to go buy a Spider Man outfit and try this at home.

LMAO be careful there's a weirdo in a Batman suit out there! What a dumbass.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yeah the Batman voice is awesome

At a couple different parts of the videos his voice starts to crack like Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys which makes it even funnier in my opinion. This guy should be a comedian one day.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Those guys got busted bad. That one guy in the park looked really embarrassed, rightfully so too.

I bet they won't be meeting any kids off the internet in the future.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys which makes it even funnier in my opinion

I was going to say that but didn't think anyone would no what I was talking about.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
To Troll A Predator Season 1 Finale...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Here is a sneak peak for next season's premiere.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Loved his "dark knight" voice. This needs a bump

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I wonder if these guys will get picked up by any major networks. Chris Hansen ain't got nothing on these super heroes

The show would be a hit too.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Heh, that's funny, I'm gonna have to get together with some friends and do a British version, but for copyright reasons, we will use Austin Powers and not Batman! Hilarious, I hope these guys don't get hurt, what they are doing is awesome!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Here is some more inspiration for your UK chapter.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I love this! This is great!
I hope they make a comeback and maybe try out some new forms of trolling these predators. Cops always gotta ruin all the fun. I'm jealous of these guys. To think, all the time I spent doing boring stuff when I could have been out trolling these guys.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Wow. These kids have the balls those pedo-creeps could never grow!

This made my day!!

Love the Batman voice..I hope the pedo s**t his pants. Hope they find and prosecute those creepers.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
they kind of ruin it by making a joke of the whole thing with their costumes and the way they approach the people. they should just out these people and really confront them.

the guys end up leaving thinking 'damn kids i was about to get lucky' when they should be like 'oh $#!% i better get the eff outta here before they call the cops on me or take pictures of me and expose me for what i am'
edit on 11/17/2011 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
lol that is pretty funny stuff

top topics

<<   2 >>

join