It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Bans airport X-Ray machines over cancer fears.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

"Backscatter" X-ray machines, which bombard your body with radiation at the airport, are a subject of controversy in the US. Not in Europe, Mother Jones reports—the machines are now banned throughout the entire EU over cancer risks.

Source

Well IMO this is a good thing, not only for the increase in cancer risk, but also the invasion of privacy. Will the US follow suit???

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

I do agree with you mostly, however i wonder what else they have up their sleeve for joe public, i mean most of us here know they are the terrorists and there is nothing to fear, but in the "normal" world, they do not, i am sure they have more complex stuff just around the corner out of sight.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The EU banning something that is bad for us??!?

I think what they really mean is that they will remove the old scanners and import newer stealth machines which perform the same job (with the same, possibly higher, risks) - but completely unknown to the public and hidden into walls/surroundings

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

Will the US follow suit???

Hell no! Since when does the US do anything other than what it or Israel wants? NEVER...

The US is just going to keep going on its self destructive, schizophrenic paranoid, psychopathic path until it doesn't exist anymore...

plain and simple...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What will Aunt Janet do now?? Her big brainstorm for a techno-gadget to solve every aspect of Airport security is being challenged. Uh Oh....She must be having a real tantrum somewhere upon hearing Europe isn't dancing to her and the FAA's tune on this anymore.

It's about time some major area of the world pushes BACK on the U.S. need...no, DEMAND..that every Airport on Planet Earth become a police state and daunting experience to get through just because U.S. Security negligently missed 19 terrorists in one attack which has neither been repeated or likely to ever be.

Go Europe! I may not like 'em on much...but in THIS case, I LOVE them.

edit on 16-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong. I am all for having a good security presence at airports. I just think, along with a lot of other people that there are equally effective ways to achieve this security without these machines.

top topics

join