It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of Body Experiences and astral traveling for noobs??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have to admit, I am intrigued by the concepts associated with out of body experiences and astral traveling (I realize these are two distinct things, but are closely related). Regardless of whether people actually leave their bodies, or simply have some type of dream or hallucination, I really would like to go through the experience. However, I have never experienced either, nor do I know where to start. Can those of you who have had such experiences provide some useful "beginners" info? I read a few pages of the free-ebook that was posted not too long ago, but the method offered in it does not work for everyone and I would like to know if there are other ways? Is there a way to have such an experience without having to force yourself to wake up several times a night with an alarm clock? (I have a wife who would be very unforgiving of an alarm sounding several times a night, not to mention she would not be very understanding if I told her why I was doing it). Is there a way to have such an experience without having to dedicate years to study and discipline? Any helpful links? Thank you!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, I think that mental discipline is a really big part of it. It's not fair of you to ask for someone to do all the work for you, because if you really want to do it, you have to learn to meditate. My advice would be to find some sort of meditation program around you (lots of yoga places offer meditation sessions weekly) and learn to really center yourself. This type of mental discipline makes the processes shown in that ebook much easier to accomplish.

That said, I read that ebook too, and yeah, it can work (and you don't necessarily need to do the alarm thing, and it was only ONE alarm, then after that you would naturally wake up multiple times and have multiple experiences.) I have only done it once, and that was because I severely focused my mind right before I fell to sleep, so when I woke up, I naturally moved into the process without having to think about it. I haven't been able to do it since because I haven't focused myself or meditated, and honestly, I've been a little too lazy to meditate. For right now, I am content knowing it's possible, and potentially in my future I will devote more time to making it work. But there is no easy answer, you HAVE to discipline yourself and no one can just provide a link to you to make it easy.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

Here's the quickest way. Lie down, close your eyes, and just wait.

Try not to fall asleep.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yes there is an easy way for beginners to start. theres a great series on youtube called lucidology 101. heres the link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

Well you first need to truly understand that it isnt an over night process. You will need to master meditation before Astral Projection. Once you get really good at meditating and opening up your chakras you can direct the flow of your consciousness AND (with more practice and persistence) Astral project. Its hard to be told how to just like its impossible for someone to accurately describe a psychedelic trip.

This is all based on my experiences of course.

Happy travels!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

It's not something for the faint of heart or amateurs with no experience.
It's not at all like some people would have you believe. You don't have a whole lot of control of yourself outside your body, because you aren't using your brain, you are using your heart and depending on your personal vibration level, you are potentially vulnerable to attack.

There's a vast spectrum of light and sound vibration we can't decode in these bodies, but outside the body, you see pretty much all there is, and also can be seen by others. We are safe in our bodies, my advice is to stay in there as long as you can.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jburg6
I have to admit, I am intrigued by the concepts associated with out of body experiences and astral traveling (I realize these are two distinct things, but are closely related). Regardless of whether people actually leave their bodies, or simply have some type of dream or hallucination, I really would like to go through the experience. However, I have never experienced either, nor do I know where to start. Can those of you who have had such experiences provide some useful "beginners" info? I read a few pages of the free-ebook that was posted not too long ago, but the method offered in it does not work for everyone and I would like to know if there are other ways? Is there a way to have such an experience without having to force yourself to wake up several times a night with an alarm clock? (I have a wife who would be very unforgiving of an alarm sounding several times a night, not to mention she would not be very understanding if I told her why I was doing it). Is there a way to have such an experience without having to dedicate years to study and discipline? Any helpful links? Thank you!

***Before you start, you have to keep stating in your mind who/what your spirit guide will be. Imagine a puppy for instance. You will know if your spirit guide is there. It will present itself, but if you feel fear, then that is not your true spirit guide. If you project without a spirit guide, your physical body can become possessed. It is important that you know that.

Number 1 trick I think the trick is to have a comforting meal in order to satisfy your physical body before you attempt it. Make sure you don't have to pee, or it will make your body respond.

Number 2 trick is that you should be alone and in a comfortable spot/area/room and also be tired (like after a hard day's work for example). It takes a lot of practice, but for the most part, one of the best tricks is to figure out where to place your arms and hands. The way it worked for me was that I was flat on my back and my arms were at my sides with my thumbs up (comfortable position) on a semi firm mattress. It is important that your mattress is not too soft to put you to sleep, and not to hard to keep you awake...baby bear type. Experiment with coverings and light blankets if it is chilly. The first time I did it, I had no coverings, sheets or blankets of any type. I think that might be because my mind was thinking about coverings as being a limit, a physical thing that prevented my projection. After a while, I was able to do it with coverings.

Number 3 trick ...Then, all that matters is your breathing. Concentrating on your breathing consistently will clear your mind via meditation. Usually for me, it was in through the nose and out through the mouth. Usually, I would have to concentrate on my breathing for about an hour before the lucid dreaming would begin.

Number 4 main trick...The trick is to keep your mind awake as your physical body wants to sleep because your physical body is more tired than your mind. That is the main trick.

Number 5 trick...Above all else train your physical body to do something that will bring your projection back to your body after the trip. My trick was inhaling EXTREMELY DEEPLY through my nose in order to vibrate my head (snoring).

Good luck!

edit on 16-11-2011 by ghostwithorangeeyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
When I first started flying, I was in a vertical position. Eventually, I got myself horizontal. But I found that I had more control in the vertical position, so I just stuck to that. Even with that, I was always very clumsy. I never was able to manage flying.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostwithorangeeyes

Number 4 main trick...The trick is to keep your mind awake as your physical body wants to sleep because your physical body is more tired than your mind. That is the main trick.

Hmm, that seems like it would be really hard for me to do, given that I usually fall asleep within 10 minutes of laying down for the night. Perhaps I should focus on meditation first.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostwithorangeeyes

What??

Don't give advice that you got out of some book or stay at home mom's blog, this is not fantasy land and magic unicorns and fairies out there, people can hurt themselves if they do what you suggest.

Number 1 trick I think the trick is to have a comforting meal in order to satisfy your physical body before you attempt it.

No, do the opposite. Fasting is better for a clearer experience.

Number 2 trick is that you should be alone

What's with all the tricks? Are you referring to you tricking people? Never try it by yourself, unless you are an 80 year old Buddhist master with tons of experience.

Concentrating on your breathing consistently will clear your mind via meditation.

How does concentrating on something clear one's mind?

Keep your mind awake? Where do you get this stuff? Thoughts create magnetic polarities, so if you keep your thoughts active then how does one release from magnetism? The body needs to fall in a state of shut down in order to be able to leave the body. Concentrating and focusing and eating large meals are all bad advice.

Once the body goes into hibernation mode, the magnetic bond loosens from energy and physical bodies and one can now proceed to venture out of body.
edit on 16-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

What??

Don't give advice that you got out of some book or stay at home mom's blog, this is not fantasy land and magic unicorns and fairies out there, people can hurt themselves if they do what you suggest.

Number 1 trick I think the trick is to have a comforting meal in order to satisfy your physical body before you attempt it.

No, do the opposite. Fasting is better for a clearer experience.

Number 2 trick is that you should be alone

What's with all the tricks? Are you referring to you tricking people? Never try it by yourself, unless you are an 80 year old Buddhist master with tons of experience.

Concentrating on your breathing consistently will clear your mind via meditation.

How does concentrating on something clear one's mind?

Keep your mind awake? Where do you get this stuff? Thoughts create magnetic polarities, so if you keep your thoughts active then how does one release from magnetism? The body needs to fall in a state of shut down in order to be able to leave the body. Concentrating and focusing and eating large meals are all bad advice.

Once the body goes into hibernation mode, the magnetic bond loosens from energy and physical bodies and one can now proceed to venture out of body.

I originally tried to respond to each and every one of your retorts, but since I am new to the forums, I don't know how. Most of my astral projection training came from Shakti Gawain and "Creative Visualization." I suppose that all of my "TRICKS" are simple things that I learned on my own. Yes, it is different for each person. I am probably not as experienced as you, but I was just stating how I did it personally from what I learned. Thanks for your comments though!

And yes, I think it is important when starting out that your physical body is more tired than your mental capacity because the trick is to leave the physical body behind. I have always believed in mind over matter.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sorry OP for the confusion. Granted, you will see several different opinions here. I am not sure why a particular poster disagreed with my "Tricks" as my tricks were all stated in a manner that worked for me personally. I suppose that since I am not an expert, I will get some backlash. OP, please keep in mind that everything I said is what worked for me, and you should try my tricks AT YOUR OWN RISK.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

I have been Astra ling for over 15 years and it’s not all what it is cracked up to be.

I will tell you the easiest and quickest way to do it but you must be very calm.
This might take a month to 6 months depending on how calm you can be during the process.

1. You need an exit point.
2. You need to stay calm during the first 2.3 to 3.8 seconds of going inside the rabbit’s hole.
3. You need to stay calm.
4. You need to stay calm.
5. You need to stay calm.

1. Exit point in and out.
‘The mirror technique’

This is the easiest way for a novice to start Astra ling.

1. Imagine you looking into a mirror and staring at it.
Your mind has to be very clear of today’s events or things you have on your mind.
2. Your mind will break out of this so you have to keep your mind focus on the mirror and you or it won’t work.
3. Once you enter Astra ling, you will indeed jump up and take a deep breath, this will happen over and repeatedly. Why?
Because of the speed of weightlessness.
Because of the heart beating extremely slow.
And because it is going to be scary as hell.

Once you get pass the speed, heartbeat, and weightlessness you should be in.

Another way is to imagine you are self-looking in water.

What ever you exit strategy is, it has to be something natural from nature.

A mirror is made of sand, and water is just pure natural.
I will advise the mirror technique because the water might make you feel as if you are drowning, but it is another way to enter Astra ling.

Stay away from another persons light and stay away from people/shadow looking things.

I REPEAT, DO NOT TALK OR GO INTO ANY BODY’S ASTRA LING LIGHT, YOU WILL REGRET IT.

ITS TWO TYPES OF IMAGINATION.
1. IS YOUR REGULAR IMAGINATION
2. THE IMAGINATION WITH THE HIGH DEF COLOR SYSTEM.

AS YOU KEEP PRACTICING ,IT WILL BE A TIME IN WHICH THE HD COLOR WILL COME,THAT’S WHEN YOUR VERY CLOSE.

edit on 16-11-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

you should try my tricks AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Much better, and honest.

So many folks mistake OBE's for sleep paralysis and vivid dreaming, I'm not saying that you are one of them, I just find that the people who were shocked to their cores are the ones who got a glimpse of what lies in the invisible to humans spectrum. You seemed to enjoy your experiences, I find that to be rare.

One of the first things that popped in my head after my first few OBE's was this intro from that Tales From The Darkside TV series, so true in it's brief perspective...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

I see some good advice in your post. Especially this part...

Ain't that the truth. Fear has an unfortunate magnetic impact on you when you leave your protective shell. Over time it's possible to lose the fear and have an anchored consciousness awareness in the higher vibratory state via the heart frequency. Still always a good idea to have a buddy system for it, in case you get stuck outside and the body begins to panic and struggle.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yes very good advice. I would say on any trip you must stay calm and connected to Earth by holding onto something physically that is apart of planet Earth. For example: A stick that was part of a tree which is planted on planet Earth.

Astraling is self induced L S D.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

you should try my tricks AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Much better, and honest.

So many folks mistake OBE's for sleep paralysis and vivid dreaming, I'm not saying that you are one of them, I just find that the people who were shocked to their cores are the ones who got a glimpse of what lies in the invisible to humans spectrum. You seemed to enjoy your experiences, I find that to be rare.

Are you talking to me? I never said that I enjoyed them. Granted, I did enjoy some of them.
But I got carried away and started to trust my spirit guide even though I felt fear...BAD MOVE. I thought the reason for my fear was because I was trying to get to the next level. The biggest thing I learned is to trust your fears and to not project if you feel fear.

You know what is so ironic? I just watched "Insiduous" the other night. It has a long intro, but I have to admit that it was well done. Some of the special effects were bad, but some were actually pretty good! I don't want to be a spoiler, but, I kind of knew what would happen at the end. That is all I will say on that. It is streamable on Netflix if you have an account there.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
To the OP, JibbyJedi seems to know exactly what he's talking about. Be sure this is something you want to do, brother. Also, may I ask, why do you want to do this? What do you expect?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
You can have an astral projection with out having years of training. You could probabbly being do it with in a week. I would accept it and just alow it to happen. Because if you can it is just sitting right there in front of you. There are no special skills required. Should you read up and learn about? Yes, but does it take years? No.

You are the only protection you need and have. I have never needed protection, but if I did I would just provide it for myself when I needed to.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It seems that everyone gave up on 2012 and the end of the world so now they just want to leave their miserable lives and their bodies

This tells me people want change it's not happening and nor will it ever change it's the way it is

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join