It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New al-Qaida chief recalls 'human side' of terrorist leader Osama bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

A sensitive man who cried when his friends lost family members, remained close to his children despite the hard life of an international jihadist, and fondly remembered — by name — the 19 men who carried out the deadliest terrorist attack ever on U.S. soil.

Longtime bin Laden deputy Ayman al-Zawahri, now al-Qaida's new head, related these and other memories in a new video posted on jihadist websites Tuesday. In the video, al-Zawahri said he wants "to show the human side" of bin Laden's life.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

So he was human after all?...

Reason I post this thread is ask another question, not 100% related to the above-mentioned.

Since an outstanding majority of members here believe OBL was killed in 2001, or most certainly long before the Pakistani compound raid, how come high ranking members of Al-Queda acknowledge he was recently killed?..

Are they just playing along, knowing he died 10 years ago, but since this story sounds/looks better for them as a whole anyways?...

Would enjoy hearing any/all explanations.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

It could be set up! Al queda was set up by the USA CIA to prevent Prussians from taking over the middle east. And after the successfully did that. they decided to keep doing what they were doing, since its the only life they know.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
^ doesn't answer my question.. at all.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yeah, I take any terrorist 'intel' that the government reveals to us with a grain of salt.. ever since they tried to pass these two people as the same person:

But beyond that.. does this man claim to have met with Bin Laden in recent years? Because I know a lot of al-qaeda leaders would talk about how OBL was 'in hiding' for so long, they hadn't seen him since 2001. Maybe try to find if this guy is claiming anything different?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
[quote

Are they just playing along, knowing he died 10 years ago, but since this story sounds/looks better for them as a whole anyways?...

Would enjoy hearing any/all explanations.

I actually kinda did. You said: "Are they just playing along..." for which I siad "It could be set up!"
I then gave you an explanation on how it could be set up. You say you would enjoy any/all explanations. That exactly what I put and you ridiculed it. Nice.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

He was a loveable guy, what's to dispute?

I hear he played a mean game of Euro Phootball too.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

ridiculed it??

Lol.... Overly sensitive much?? I also didn't think that "could be a set up" written directly before saying "cia set up" in a paragraph was an answer, but who knows, I could also be ridiculing you.

The phrase "get thicker skin" comes to mind.
edit on 16-11-2011 by AlertInMi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Assuming it is not a set-up, maybe he was a nice bloke in his land, who knows. The USA didn't mind him either when they were funding his fighting partners back in the 80's as well. He was such a nice bloke from a great organisation that they killed him and then gave Libya to his pals. What next?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The personal character of Bin Laden is fascinating and complex, to those of us in the west he was a monster of biblical proportions but to those who met the man he was as Ayman al-Zawahri has described him. Any description of his personal character that I have ever come across does refer to him as a caring loving father. According to journalists who interviewed him he showed them the highest degrees of hospitality, inviting on journalist I read about to sleep in the same room as himself. When he spoke his tone was soft and his words were articulate yet polite with a vast mix of his religious rhetoric and ideology filling his words. That however is one side of the man, his warped theological perspectives justified the killing of many innocents and the suffering of his enemies. He could be harsh and ruthless to those who opposed him, it is said he may have killed one of his mentors Abdullah Azzam in 1989, however this has never been proven. The two sides of the man are something of a paradox, on the one side a caring father and host yet on the other a monster who justified mass murder. He was of course human we are all capable of grate evil and grate good.

To get to the OP’s question.

You first have to ask why you think he died in 2001, do you believe he died during the battle of Tora-Bora or do you think he died of kidney failure. Then there are reports from French and Saudi intelligence that he may have died from Typhoid and claims from Pakistan that he died from other natural causes. All of these claims have strong counter arguments, many of these claims were later retracted or have been debunked.

The consensus amongst the conspiracy theorists is that he died before 2011 and his death was kept under wraps until it was politically advantageous for his death to be revealed. If that were the case then would all these claims of his death prior to 2011 not have been counterproductive to the conspirators? Then why did Bush not take advantage of his death, why allow the kudos to go to a Democrat President? And what about Pakistan how do you get them in on the conspiracy without the sympathetic ISI blowing the whistle on the entire operation and expose the American President as a liar?

The idea that Operation Neptune Spear was staged to boost Obama’s popularity is just too much of a risk for the administration and when one thinks about it logically makes absolutely no sense. The only reasonable conclusion is that Bin Laden was indeed either killed or captured during the operation.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Does it matter what he was like as a person. However he died he is dead. The other fact is he was stupid enough to let the criminal CIA use him as a pawn. As usual once they have gotten what they want. The SOP kicks in and then the pawns get discarded as CIA personal trash. All I can say is when are these people ever going to learn. They are lied to, they are bribed to, they are used to be an eventual front and scape goat. TPTB laugh and rub their hands to see who will be next.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Out of curiosity why do you believe that Bin Laden was a pawn of the CIA, what evidence have you seen that has lead to develop this belief?

Thanks!

top topics

join