It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no one truth, but Right Action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The more i study different religious philosophies, the more i am convinced by the Hebrew adage, that the conclusion of the matter, the ultimate purpose of mankind, is to live a moral life. If this were not so, there wouldn't be positive consequences for right action, and negative consequences for evil action. Clearly, whatever established this system meant for us to pursue the good, and shun, avoid, the evil.

According to the Kabbalistic system, the world and everything in it, both in the spiritual realms of mind, and the physical realm of matter, reflects a 10 point system called the Sefiroth.

Planet Earth reflects this system. The 7 lower Sephiroth are reflected on the earth as the 7 continents. Each Sephira embodies a particular archetypal energy. The continent of Asia, is chesed, the continent of Africa, is Gevurah, and so forth........Because the energy on each continent is different, the way people think, and approach the meaning and significance of life will differ from another people under a different energy. Thus, the energy of chesed is expansiveness, and so, the peoples of the Asian continent tend to yearn for transcendence. They are very uncomfortable with being contained by a system - and the nature of chesed, also called Gedulah (greatness) is to expand beyond measure....This mentality is perfectly reflected in the spiritual philosophies of the orient; Buddhism, Taoism, Zen, striving with all their being to avoid any fixity in thought, in system, if morality.... Chesed is energy flowing as it is, and it would consonant with the idea of pure nature, or Tao, and the spiritual aims of Zen Buddhism...

In the Middle East, Europe, Africa and the Americas, peoples approach God, and the meaning of existence in different manners. At the end of the day, the only determinative factor is the energy that works upon the unconscious of the peoples. Zen, which may seem like an 'absolute truth' to a Easterner, seems far to "Chesed", far too absorbed in transcendence, in spontaneity, to be accepted by a westerner. Likewise, to an Easterner, Christianity, or Islam, with its fixed rites and logical systems of metaphysics, seem unnecessary, vain, and ultimately (the mentality of Chesed seems to seek the 'ultimate', not realizing that the ultimate might not be as the mind of Chesed imagines it to be) pointless...

Since each of these paths are legitimate, reflecting the will of the unknowable one through the 7 paths (sephira) on the peoples of the earth, its pointless to say "This is wrong...that is wrong" - because each path is the truth to the people who follow it. Their minds are 'hardwired' to know and understand God in the ways that he has established for them; even if the path of the Buddhist, doesn't acknowledge God, still, his "suchness" still constitutes a way to the core of existence. For him, acknowledging a metaphysical reality, doesn't seem relevant. Nonetheless, he merges with that reality, along his own path, through the spiritual system the unknowable one implanted within his ancestral consciousness.

At the end of the day, the only thing that really matters, in a real sense, is how we relate with one another. That we show love, tolerance,and patience with one another. That we not hurt nature, or animals, that we not steal from others, and honor what belongs to another. Ultimately, this is something we should all agree upon; the ideals of spirituality, of meaning, and value, and respecting the life of another, is of the utmost relevance the quality of life each of us can live.

One who steals, murders, slanders, hurts nature, or acts in any unreasonable, or unfair way, with his fellow, such a person goes against the very core and essence of life on earth. Such a person deserves to be tried and dealt with by a system of law - his rebelliousness against truth and goodness, should not be tolerated. Instead, he should be chastised by the system, and if he refuses to repent and recognize the folly of his ways, he should be dealt with in a way that insures that right action, tolerance and love between all, be preserved.

In this world, there is no room for a klu klux klan, or skinheads, or black panthers, or any group that seeks to deny the rights, nicely stated by the US constitution, of another.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

You can say that, but there is a system to be addressed along with the form it takes...

System of Truth

“I believe that Unarmed Truth and Unconditional Love will have the final Word in Reality." -Martin Luther King Jr.

The World is my Country, all Mankind are my Brethren, and to do Good is my Religion. -Thomas Paine

edit on 16-11-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Could you be more explicit???

I say that, because what could be more relevant to this world of real-time action, then action???

In Kabbalistic thought, and in metaphysical thought in general (ignoring the less sane systems of philosophy), this world is defined by the process of action. Therefore, if truth, in any definitive sense, could be said to lie anywhere, it would make most sense for it to have something to do with how we act with one another.

If we can just accept our differences, the ways of the east, and the west, and concentrate on being reasonable with one another (conscience being the guide to right action) - then this world would be living in accord with a higher truth. Where conscience is merged with a world of action.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I like you're writing and wisdom.

Right being, right thinking, right action = righteousness.

A moral code of should and shouldn't however doesn't get us there, because real and authentic love, to BE love, must be free, it cannot be forced.

The human being is inherently good. All that is not good stems from ignorance and what is unreal. So I guess what I'm suggesting here is that it isn't a scale of judgement based on the duality of good and evil, and that goodness is good for it's own sake.

And then in librated love, all things are possible. It's the alchemical fulcrum of transformation, and appears to be the reason and purpose for the actions and teachings of Yeshua (Jesus) in acting as the embodiment of the law and the prophets.

Seems to me that he was as much a Bodhisatva as he was a Jewish Rabbi and master of the law of Moses or the place where east meets west, at all levels.

Set free for freedom's sake, to freely love as we are loved.

"Love as do as you will."
~ St. Augustine

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I provided reference material... Link to it. The Universe is kinetic (real-time action) in and of itself. All that is required is to seek balance (good) while attaining meaningful methodology relating to one other.

top topics

join