It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks Still "Played" and Controlled by Tired Old Democrat Paradigms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Blacks Still "Played" and Controlled by Tired Old Democrat Paradigms

www.lloydmarcus.com

A black website published one of my articles. The black publisher asked his readers to forgive me for being a black member of the GOP and review my article with an open mind.

In response, a subscriber wrote, “You can ask us to look past him being a GOP, but you can’t ask us to look past his claim to be a tea party Christian.”

Grateful for an opportunity to enlighten indoctrinated blacks, I asked the website publisher to publicly post my reply to the ill-informed subscriber’s comment.

Please do not think me rude or mean by stating the following truth. The subscriber’s comment
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
this was in my e-mail, sent by an activist friend.
just reading it brings multiple issues to question in my mind.
i'd be real interested in opinions on this one. the concepts are many we've heard of before, but lloyd seems to wrap them all up into a readable piece.
would anyone label this racist if it was authored by a white guy?
would i have heard of him before if he discussed issues concerning non-whites instead of just blacks?
are his historical accounts accurate?
thanx.

www.lloydmarcus.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-11-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
and we are seeing the pollsters suggesting a "race" boundary.

CNN of all "people"

Women are divided on how Obama's performing, but men disapprove by a 55%-43% margin. White Americans give Obama a thumbs down by a 61%-36% margin, with non-white Americans give the president a thumbs up by a more than 2-1 margin.

The CNN poll was conducted by ORC International from November 11-13, with 1,036 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.

CNN Poll: Obama ranks low among recent incumbents

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Even today, Democrats are still “keeping blacks in their place” — telling them they need lowered standards, affirmative action, special programs, and freebies to succeed. Democrats constantly send blacks the message they are not as smart was whites. For example, Democrats say having to show ID when voting disenfranchises blacks. This is merely a tactic by which the Democrats implement voter fraud. However, in the process, they are saying blacks are too stupid to find their way to the DMV or other places to acquire proper ID. This is just one example of numerous ways Democrats tell blacks they are inferior and need Democrats’ help to succeed.

all while the administrators get richer and richer ....

and richer and richer .....

while the "targets" get poorer and poorer .... and ...

If Congress would simply do something that impacts the majority of all citizens in a positive way,

we might just be a better place.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I refute all arguments of this nature by pointing at Herman Cain. A conservative view of a black man.

Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

His argument is basically that black people who don't vote Republican are idiots and racists.

That's sure to win them over, chief!

Here's the plain facts... For the longest time, blacks DID vote Republican - At least, where allowed to vote. In fact this trend was a likely reason for the many restrictions on black voting in the Democratic south. They voted Republican because, back then, the Republican party was the social justice party. it was the party of lincoln.

And then Johnson signed the civil Rights act, and southern Democrats abandoned the party, and became dixiecrats. These guys were co-opted four years later by Richard Nixon in his "southern strategy" - Nixon courted racist sentiments in the south (hedged as "law and order") and brought them into the Republican fold... While many Republicans - including the majority of black voters - abandoned the Republican party to side with the "northern" Democrats.

So we come to the present day. Pat Buchanan is effectively the spokesman of GOP race relations. Ann Coulter pontificates that "our blacks are better than their blacks." members of the Republican Party claim that black people who voted for Obama did so because they're self-hating and racist. Republicans were ecstatic in 2005, after Hurricane Katrina destroyed the Ninth Ward of New Orleans. They saw it as an "opportunity" and expressly daid so... and then started calling the refugees "filthy," and "scavengers," and "criminal." Most of these refugees were black, of course... this did not go unnoticed. And then the Tea Party pops up, and its cheerleaders are parading around pictures of Obama as a witchdoctor, screaming in fear about "white slavery," and pretty much just meeting every lowbrow racist stereotype possible. And add to this that the only black Republican candidates you ever see are ones who outright spew hatred about black people (Herman Cain, Alan Keyes, Clarence Thomas...) and you have to come to one simple conclusion...

There's no way in hell any self-respecting person - much less a self-respecting black person - should join this bandwagon. And to be perfectly honest, the GOP wouldn't want them to anyway.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I read through your response and I found it refreshing to say the least. To often is history contorted by the spin machine to direct desired outcomes without thought to lasting detriment. Poverty and oppression afflict all people, quite free from demographic confines.

However, I will add that I see the points made by thewalkingfox as equally valid. Seeing this problem as a existing across party lines is myopic and missing the point entirely. The problem is systemic across all of government and the rhetoric used by both sides is nothing more than skilled social manipulation in efforts to gain votes. Very few truly care one way or the other as long as their rank is secured. It's a means to an end.
edit on 16-11-2011 by clowdstalker because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2011 by clowdstalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm a black man, and though I don't particularly identify with any party I am inclined to vote for Ron Paul next year and harbor some deep rooted ill feelings for the democratic party. That disdain comes from my parents and what I learned about history from them.

Blacks today seem to be starting to realize that with statements like "the democratic party claims to be FOR black people, but does nothing for black people except overdose welfare and keep us docile".

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
How about neither party is for black people, or any people?

All the government is for is keeping the people from realising the scam that has been played on us for centuries.

Neither side has your best interests at heart. Representative democracy is a sham. It's not really democracy at all, its a very limited choice of representatives already chosen for us.

As long as we continue to accept this system, nothing will change for anybody, race is irrelevant in all this.

If you care to take a closer look at the way things really stand, you'd see we're all just 'n-word's to the rulers of this land. CRASS

edit on 11/16/2011 by ANOK because: typo

top topics

join