It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people shake/twitch during intense prayer/meditation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I think its a form of their Vibrations being shown. I tend to get warm when I go to that level of meditation. A feeling of warm energy spirals around me I then can feel a sensation on the top of my crown chakara that goes down ward and loses feeling after it passes the neck. So I think everyone carries unique visual 3 dimensional effects. When I sun gaze it gets stronger...

I get the same sensations meditating near rivers or flowing water.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LeftySinister

Interesting, I wonder what it is that causes this other then the water frequency and your own frequency somehow getting on the same wavelength. When I get around flowing water sometimes not always but sometimes the water noise somehow makes my eardrum rumble not loud but like if I even cut on a faucet the running noise somehow seems to vibrate my eardrums until I cut it off. Maybe its a signature of the natural connections many forgot...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
From Kundalini Yoga by Sri Swami Sivananda;

Quote:In the beginning of your practice, you may get jerks of hands, legs, trunk and whole body. Sometimes the jerks will be terrible. Do not be afraid. Do not be troubled. It is nothing. It is due to sudden muscular contraction from new Pranic influence. The jerks will pass off after some time. You will have to pass through these stages.

from Swami Rajarshi Muni (another disciple of Swami Kripaluananda) in his book Awakening the Life Force: The Philosophy and Psychology of Spontaneous Yoga

Quote:
Manifestations Resulting from the Release [Liberation] of the Vital Force

Any of the following manifestations may spontaneously occur in an aspirants body when the vital force is released.

Performing various special yogic gestures with hands and fingers (Mudras)

Leaning forward, backward, or sideways.

Rocking or swaying in a circular manner from the waist, or stretching and twisting the body.

Shaking of the body or jerking of the limbs.

Rolling on the floor.

Spinning around on the buttocks while in a sitting position.

Crying or laughing.

Emitting meaningless sounds from the mouth.

Singing or chanting holy Mantras.

Getting up and beginning to dance.

The above list of manifestations is only illustrative and not exhaustive. In fact, countless manifestations occur as a result of the release of the vital force. Moreover, apart from the gross physical manifestations, certain subtle processes are also experienced as mentioned below.

Visualizing the inner light and various colors with closed eyes.

Visualizing various angelic or demonic forms or fierce animals through the inner vision.
Visualizing pleasant, frightful, or miraculous dreams during the relaxation caused by the release of the vital force

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hi, I just stumble across what kriya yoga is when I googled "body move itself" and found this forum.
I did not know that there is a word for it until I found it.

I started my own practice after I had a dream myself moving doing mudra/jieyin/inzou and the first time I tried it worked.
Later I was motivated myself on researching this phenomena, I call it channelling at the very beginning. Due to my chinese background I knew it as spontaneous qigong or taichi at first looking online.

This is my personal research on this "kriya yoga".
enkipendragon.wordpress.com...

Since everything I done is very personal, thus my understanding is greatly different than any information out there online.
Thank you.

fei

top topics

<< 1   >>

join