It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing the Victim "Waitress Says She Was Fired For Tea Party Bracelet"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

No.

It's paranoid delusional people or anyone irrational or unable to admit they were fired for reason.

Claiming it mainly happens in a political group you don't happen to agree with means you are consumed by irrational hatred in a form called bigotry.

We are all bigoted at times. It's in our nature. The test of honesty and rationality though is in being able to admit our own flaws and weaknesses. That usually comes in older age when we face ourselves in a mirror with open eyes and minds.

There was a time years ago I would have agreed without thought due to my own irrationality and bigotry, but hopefully I've gone beyond that phase. In the end I decided that each person deserves to be judged individually and no group should be defined by the acts of a single member or even a small percentage of the group. That is to lie to ourselves and others.

For instance I fully support the peaceful protestors and wish them well in their movement, while at the same time I condemn the anarchist and sociopaths who want to take over or engage in crime and harming others. In particular those who are talking about burning a city to the ground. I don't blame the real protestors though. That would make me very irrational and a genuine bigot of the worst kind.

I also support the Tea Party in what they did even though I'm not one of them. They did a remarkable job of holding huge events without problems and got genuine results and respect from anyone rational or honest. They, like any large group have bad members. I'm old enough to remember for instance when the KKK was all Democrats and the southern Democrats tried to block Equal Rights. Now it's lied about by irrational Partisans who engage in hate and bigotry towards those who's opinions differ, but most Democrats my age and older will be honest if they are honest to begin with.

That is a huge part of the reason I refuse to be associated with the Partisans and join a Party. I tried both and found them both very flawed.

I've looked in the mirror and faced my true self some time ago. I now accept my flaws and no longer feel compelled to lash out at people who's only crime is they have a different opinion, although on my bad days I still get sucked into the hate fest. Hard not to with both Parties trying so hard to divide us so they can keep their power. Sad really we don't all understand that it is them that keeps us divided. Right now some are hoping for more violence and for people to get hurt and in fact promoting it.
edit on 11/16/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Actually I was just noting the hypocrisy of a member of an anti-welfare movement demanding her government check.

She must mean all those other people on welfare.
edit on 16/11/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

Again we have a thread showing perfect examples of political trolling and off-topic banter. We've got enough of those, so please stop it.

The topic is "Playing the Victim 'Waitress Says She Was Fired For Tea Party Bracelet'".

Play the ball not the player.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

Good if a waitress supports the tea party she is probably to stupid to be working anywere. I find it so funny that poor people support policies and political party agendas that will only make them poorer.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Right... because one person represents the ENTIRE Tea Party Movement...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

So, based on the report it may appear that she was dismissed for wearing her politics on her wrist.

Maybe...maybe not, since apparently the local Outback didn't botehr to respond to the Unemployment application.

But what I find funny is a Tea Party fanatic arguing that employers cannot hire or fire who they like?

If I owned a restuarant, I would tell my employees to leave their effen politics at the door if they want to keep thier jobs...Dem, Liberal, Tea Party whatever...do it on your own time. The customer comes first...certainly before your politics...talk to the customer about the daily special...not what Rush Limbaugh thinks or how much you love Obama...you can do that when you are not working for me. AND if they didn't like that they could find work somewhere else.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Perhaps Outback Steakhouse wants no part of The TP and ordered her fired, anyone think of that?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Fully agree as you are there to work and not to discuss who is or not ruining the nation and if you want to talk about politics, do it on your lunch hour off of my grounds.
edit on 17-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

But what I find funny is a Tea Party fanatic arguing that employers cannot hire or fire who they like?

I am? When did I say that in this thread? I was merely sticking to the details of the report filed with the unemployment commission. All legal decisions are based on that report. Any and all other comments made in this thread are purely speculative including yours. Let me know when you get an official statement from Outback.

This is classic He said She said and she is saying that she has worn the bracelet unnoticed for months prior to this event. I've seen some of the these bracelets and one yellow one in particular looks no different from a LiveStrong bracelet at a glance or any of the other bracelets just like it depicting a cause du jour.

If you want to get technical with history, The Gadsen Flag and its motto have been around long before the modern Tea Party Movement adopted it. www.gadsden.info... Maybe she's just a history buff

I do agree with you regarding keeping ones politics at home and out of the workplace. However, in our modern era it seems that every aspect of one's personal lives are on constant public display across a wide array of social media and blog sites.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

I am? When did I say that in this thread?

I meant the girl with the TP bracelet who got fired...but can see how my post could have been read both ways. Sorry about that.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I do agree with you regarding keeping ones politics at home and out of the workplace. However, in our modern era it seems that every aspect of one's personal lives are on constant public display across a wide array of social media and blog sites.

Yep. While I feel strongly that work is not the place for folks to evangalize thier political views on the company dime...I also think companies have no business firing employees for stupid stuff they find on facebook...like if some teacher has a picture on FB of herself drinking a beer or at a bar and her boss throws a tizzy.

"Privacy" as we know it is changing dramatically in recent years and behooves all of us to start speaking up about what is and what is not out of bounds for employers.

This girl? Again...a GoBama T-Shirt? TP Jewelry? Wear it on the weekends, not while serving customers who are not thier to find out your politics.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

reply to post by Indigo5

I am? When did I say that in this thread?

I meant the girl with the TP bracelet who got fired...but can see how my post could have been read both ways. Sorry about that.

No worries. I get a little punchy this time of day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join