It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Support Revolution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

How about our members of the military grow some balls and actually defend what they swore an oath to.

How bout we as a country get our sh** strait as a whole before we go supporting "revolutions." This country over time has degraded severely in so many ways its sad to see. You cant put it all on Government, and you can't expect the military to back people with trashy morals, kids who beat old folks in the streets, people who sit there with needles in their arms, drunks, thieves, rapists, racists, gangs, greedy bastards, pedophiles,murderers and parents who dump their kids in the trash! Then we jump on the net and act like we are righteous? This is what people do with "freedom?" is that how it works? No wonder we don't have much of it.

Why dont you call for a revolution against those things? Dont cry about civil liberties, rights and the constitution when the Goverened are the ones who welcome, house and allow the erosion.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

No country is perfect, it still does not change the fact this is my country and my home. I have no where else to go I was born here, so I will defend it at all costs. Good or bad. I believe deep down that at the very core of this country the values and ambitions are still there, but are only being corrupted. We must find the way to bring the founding principals of this country back into the forefront.

link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
reply to post by haarvik

How about our members of the military grow some balls and actually defend what they swore an oath to.

How bout we as a country get our sh** strait as a whole before we go supporting "revolutions." This country over time has degraded severely in so many ways its sad to see. You cant put it all on Government, and you can't expect the military to back people with trashy morals, kids who beat old folks in the streets, people who sit there with needles in their arms, drunks, thieves, rapists, racists, gangs, greedy bastards, pedophiles,murderers and parents who dump their kids in the trash! Then we jump on the net and act like we are righteous? This is what people do with "freedom?" is that how it works? No wonder we don't have much of it.

Why dont you call for a revolution against those things? Dont cry about civil liberties, rights and the constitution when the Goverened are the ones who welcome, house and allow the erosion.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

Okay this is amazing....

link   

Ahh, but therein lies the slippery slope. With Homeland Security and the TSA they can bypass your constitutional rights and you go directly to jail. As another post a week or so ago showed, someone was turned in for being "suspected" of being a terrorist. They found out because they found GPS tracking units on their vehicle. So, you can turn in your neighbor, or someone you don't like and they are instantly on the radar as a terror suspect. No proof, just accusations. That is all they need to arrest you and detain you for however long they wish to without legal representation.

Violates my rights? You're damn straight it does!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

No country is perfect, it still does not change the fact this is my country and my home. I have no where else to go I was born here, so I will defend it at all costs. Good or bad. I believe deep down that at the very core of this country the values and ambitions are still there, but are only being corrupted. We must find the way to bring the founding principals of this country back into the forefront.

Thats what I was trying to get across. I will defend the Country to my last breath... I Don't think I could EVER raise arms against another American after being overseas... Despite our problems were still the best Country in the world and yeah.. well thats that..

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Here's my beef, and why I am angry.

When I served we were still in the cold war. We knew what we were against, and we knew what we were looking for. We knew what we did not want our country to be. Now, 30 years later, I watch as my country is slowly being turned into that country we were silently fighting against. I put my life on the line for what? How many fellow soldiers died or were seriously wounded defending those who are turning us into that country? I did't serve to watch this great nation turn on it's own citizens.

We have become the nation our forefathers fought and died to free us from.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Here's my beef, and why I am angry.

When I served we were still in the cold war. We knew what we were against, and we knew what we were looking for. We knew what we did not want our country to be. Now, 30 years later, I watch as my country is slowly being turned into that country we were silently fighting against. I put my life on the line for what? How many fellow soldiers died or were seriously wounded defending those who are turning us into that country? I did't serve to watch this great nation turn on it's own citizens.

We have become the nation our forefathers fought and died to free us from.

I wish you would have prefaced that Sir! I appreciate your service one vet to another.. and I do see where you are coming from... I am a lot younger than you and used to this.. However my mentality is that of the 50s... I see where you are coming from and yes I'd be pissed too....

Remember right after 9/11 everyone was banded together and supportive of the troops... what happened in those ten years??? Why has our work and living ethics gotten so bad over the last three years??? Whose to blame but ourselves though? The military teaches you discipline (major discipline) everyone 18-20 should be joining up... it would straighten this country out

once again, do not take what I said as anything negative (internet tone) I respect your opinion and your willingness to fight for what you think is right, ESPECIALLY after reading that tid-bit... You are a different breed... Combat veterans know....

I get you! I am angry too...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yes, I should have prefaced that. I often get very agitated at complacency and usually do not divulge into my reasoning. Most of the people my age that served understand what is happening. We remember what our country was like before the mass corruption. That's not to say we didn't have it, it just wasn't as in your face as it is now. Additionally, we felt our elected officials really did wish to serve the citizens. Their actions were what spoke to us. They used to defend our freedoms. Not anymore. Sure there are a few, but they are a dying breed.

The youth today are at a disadvantage. They grew up as these changes were taking place. They do not know what a free America is like. Remember when you walked your family to the boarding gate for a flight? Remember when you were deemed innocent until proven guilty? Remember when you could say what you wanted, where you wanted, and about whom you wanted? Remember the phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me"? Remember when you could walk across town at age 8 and not have to worry about some pedophile? Remember leaving your car keys in your car or your house unlocked?

I do. I remember all of that. I remember the freedom to speak, to act and to do what I wanted. I can remember hiking down to the river 5 miles away when I was 6 to go fishing. Can't do that now. I remember when the police actually helped you. Got caught driving drunk? They parked your car and gave you a ride home, not to jail. If you got caught multiple times, then they did something. Kids had respect for those older than they were.

All of that is now gone. We were so caught up in whether we were offending someone or not that we forgot who we were. We let our freedoms slip past us in the name of political correctness. We let small groups dictate what the majority would do. We let political correctness rob our children of traditions we used to hold dear.

So why am I angry? I think that pretty much sums it up.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

yep that makes more sense.. I remember the days going to the airport and being able to meet my dad at the gates instead of before security... You are right now its normal so its hard to distinguish I've seen things change and get angry about it, but you are right I'm sure you have seen things you really don't want to talk about (as do I) thats part of the territory with what we have learned and what separates us from the rest...

once again, thank you for your input and service

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Disabled American Veterans
Veterans of Foreign Wars
American Legion
U.S. Navy and Reserves
U.S. Marines and Reserves
U.S. Army and Reserves and National Guard
U.S. Air Force and Reserves
U.S. Coast Guard

All participate in peaceful transitions of power as provided in the constitution we defend by oath, agree or disagree.
Vote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join