It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Vote for Badnarik = A Vote for Kerry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoonieSkoba
Most Libertarians I know personally are disillusioned Republicans. Most Greens I know are disillusioned Democrats.

I agree. Most Libetarians I have met would probably vote Rebublican if the party was not so screwed up. Same can be said for myself...I'm a Green/Progressive and I am disillusioned with the Democrats. I think your take on the situation is fairly accurate.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well, someone asked why don't the Dems do with Badnarik what the Reps do with Nader. Why? Because the GOP/Bush&Co threatened the major news networks that if they put Badnarik/third party issues on tv they will be punished. How? Look what happened to Stern. He gets fined, kicked off air, so forth. Now, Stern was able to use the saying "There is no bad publicity" and made himself look great and got a new contract and such so he wasn't hurt. But what happens if say, Fox News(wonder why they got so upset over the interview on O'Reliy when the guy said Badnariks name on air((hint hint))) And they get kicked of air, or fined, or the IRS sicked on them? They lose alot more than Stern for Fox News is more then just one or two people, and unlike Stern, they can get bad publicity.

Anyways, a vote for Badnarik is not a vote for Kerry, but a vote for a new party to take hold, and get corrupt. Think about it, the parties weren't always evil, but then the power goes to their head, and you have what we have today.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
A self-imposed requirement that each morning I be able to face myself
in the mirror with a sense of self esteem ensures I vote Badnarik.

It does not really matter if tweedledee or tweefledum win,
there is no real difference between those two unchoices anyway.

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well, someone asked why don't the Dems do with Badnarik what the Reps do with Nader. Why? Because the GOP/Bush&Co threatened the major news networks that if they put Badnarik/third party issues on tv they will be punished.

Because suppressed polling figures demonstrate that Libertarians
are taking away the traditional antiwar support Dems previously enjoyed.

Voting for Badnarik is voting against the war,
which is not a choice if you vote Democritic or Republicon.

M ichael Badnarik expounds

>...X...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
See, the real problem is the fact that our government is not designed to support a third party. You either win or your lose, no mater how many votes you get if you lose you lose. Other systems such as Canada are designed for 3rd 4th 5th whatever.. votes for their party translate directly to a percentage of representation in a parlarment.

I would say vote for who you feel would be the best reguardless. However... there is alot at stake in this election. It is my personal opinion that if Bush takes annother 4 years that we will be forced to face irrepriable damages that will be evident for several generations.

I just found out that I am going to be a first time dad and I have never really thought in the terms of effecs on future generations quite in this way. I am honeslty afraid of the idea of Bush and his policies.

Wraith

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm watching the video.......I love this guy!

When I get my yard signs i'm taping one to my truck and i'm going to put a big ass American flag on the top of my roof...

He just said:

1913-IRS came into play

We had 100 years without it, and we had so much money we didn't know what to do with........

A vote for Badnarik is a vote for Liberty

www.lp.org... www.badnarik.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well Wraith

Badnarik is on the ballot in all 50 states just like bush and kerry is, so it does matter... You've just been lied to that all...

Have you even watched the video ???? He explains it pretty well, maybe you should take a look at it... very informative.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I just wish the some of the networks had some balls enough to put Badnarik on. What he needs to do is go to alot more off of center media outlets till the regular networks wisen up. Has he tried to get on shows like Howard Stern, or The Daily Show, or anything like that? Shows that are listened to or viewed by people who are sick of the BS would be perfect for him.

Bottom line is, he's not gonna win and I can live with that. What I can't live with is telling myself that it's ok to not vote for who I beleive in, but who is more likely to win. I too have a new born 9 month old son, and I too hate where this country is going, but I won't give up the last thing in this country that I actually have the right to do, and that's vote for who I beleive in. Don't tell me I'm wasting my vote, because in my eyes anyone who votes for "the lesser of two evils" is wasting theirs. It is not my fault that the general public is too lazy and ignorrant to do the research on their own. Cause if they did, they'd see that there is a whole world of choices, and there is someone out there who's beleifs match their own. I just won't punish myself for someone elses neglegence.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Well Wraith

Badnarik is on the ballot in all 50 states just like bush and kerry is, so it does matter... You've just been lied to that all...

Have you even watched the video ???? He explains it pretty well, maybe you should take a look at it... very informative.

No, I like alot of what he has to say, just like I appriate alot of Libermans ideals...

However I am sad to say that in this current political environment, as much as I wish it were not, a third party cannidate cannot win. They can gain enough of a percentage so that in teh future their party will be elligable for further funding.. but this is not the time to push that. When will it be time? I honestly do not know..

wraith

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I just wish the some of the networks had some balls enough to put Badnarik on. What he needs to do is go to alot more off of center media outlets till the regular networks wisen up. Has he tried to get on shows like Howard Stern, or The Daily Show, or anything like that? Shows that are listened to or viewed by people who are sick of the BS would be perfect for him.

Bottom line is, he's not gonna win and I can live with that. What I can't live with is telling myself that it's ok to not vote for who I beleive in, but who is more likely to win. I too have a new born 9 month old son, and I too hate where this country is going, but I won't give up the last thing in this country that I actually have the right to do, and that's vote for who I beleive in. Don't tell me I'm wasting my vote, because in my eyes anyone who votes for "the lesser of two evils" is wasting theirs. It is not my fault that the general public is too lazy and ignorrant to do the research on their own. Cause if they did, they'd see that there is a whole world of choices, and there is someone out there who's beleifs match their own. I just won't punish myself for someone elses neglegence.

congrats on your child... Don't get me wrong.. I am voting for who I want to.. it jsut happens to be one of the two prominant party choises. He has my support for very specific reasons. I just think it is sad that the structor of our government is such that supports a 2 party system.

wraith

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I gotta say....I REALLY like Badnarik.

As much as I DESPISE Bush, and want to see him out of office...I'm no Kerry fan either...but would vote for Kerry, just to oust George...

I'm strongly considering voting for Badnarik, as he's the candidate I want...but the simple fact is that the average American simply has NO idea who he is!!! He seriously needs to come up with a way to get past the two-party control of the press, and get the word out. If he can become nationally known before election day, he'll have my vote...otherwise, it's got to go to Kerry, just to have a prayer of getting rid of Dubya....

Of course, by doing so, I've just proven what Spittin Cobra said....about it taking votes from Kerry, and ensuring another 4 years of Bush.
I can tell you that I know many other Dems, even Reps, that would vote for Badnarik, but are considering Kerry simply as the anti-Bush ticket. I believe they too, would vote Badnarik, IF....IF he can get his name out enough to not make it feel like a throwaway vote...

I know, I know, I've heard all of the ideological psycho-babble, fraud, etc. But the simple fact is that I'd do just about ANYTHING (legal) to ensure that Bush isn't re-elected, even vote for a candidate I didn't like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join