It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service says bullet hit White House

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This looks to me like more gun control hysteria.

The AP source article is written on a grade school level mentality, absent an author name.

The headline says "Bullet".

The report immediately refers to "two bullets".

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Secret Service says a bullet hit an exterior window of the White House and was stopped by ballistic glass.

An additional round of ammunition was found on the White House exterior. The bullets were found Tuesday.

They can't connect two incidents?

The Secret Service said it has not conclusively connected Friday's incident with the bullets found at the White House.

They "recover an assault rifle" after "reports" of gunfire?

The discovery follows reports of gunfire near the White House on Friday. Witnesses heard shots and saw two speeding vehicles in the area. An assault rifle was also recovered.

Now they have a suspect "all of a sudden"?

U.S. Park Police have an arrest warrant for Oscar Ortega-Hernandez, who is believed to be connected to the earlier incident. He is described as a 21-year-old Hispanic man, 5 feet 11 inches tall, 160 pounds, with a medium build, brown eyes and black hair.

Who do they think they're talking to anyway?

This should have been an "all programs interrupted special news flash" report,

not a blurb days later.

Secret Service says bullet hit White House

here is a full article quote in case they "update" the original

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Secret Service says a bullet hit an exterior window of the White House and was stopped by ballistic glass.

An additional round of ammunition was found on the White House exterior. The bullets were found Tuesday.

The discovery follows reports of gunfire near the White House on Friday. Witnesses heard shots and saw two speeding vehicles in the area. An assault rifle was also recovered.

The Secret Service said it has not conclusively connected Friday's incident with the bullets found at the White House.

U.S. Park Police have an arrest warrant for Oscar Ortega-Hernandez, who is believed to be connected to the earlier incident. He is described as a 21-year-old Hispanic man, 5 feet 11 inches tall, 160 pounds, with a medium build, brown eyes and black hair.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

And the "ban all hand guns/rifles/weapons" crowd chimes in, in 3. . .2. . .1. .

I'm sure the Secret Service has video of whomever fired it. They caught the nut and that'll be the end of that.

But it'll be fun to watch these clowns start blaming Tea Party, conservatives, militia members, "fringe" folks for this action.

edit on 16-11-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

And the "ban all hand guns/rifles/weapons" crowd chimes in, in 3. . .2. . .1. .

I'm sure the Secret Service has video of whomever fired it. They caught the nut and that'll be the end of that.

But it'll be fun to watch these clowns start blaming Tea Party, conservatives, militia members, "fringe" folks for this action.

edit on 16-11-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

MSNBC says they're already looking for Ortega at the #Occupy D.C. camp

That must have been the first choice !

Law enforcement has searched for Ortega in the Occupy DC camp at McPherson Square, NBC Washington reported.

Suspect hunted after bullet hits ballistic glass window at White House, Secret Service says

at least the MSNBC article is written on 8th grade level.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

DC has the strictest gun control in the land!!

They also have some of the worst gun crimes in the land, so it appears to really be working out well for them.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
and it looks like MSNBC had a 9th grade level report on Nov 12.

it gives some details on the gunshots report.

Police probe gunfire reported near White House

Weapon recovered; suspects at large after chase

WHY wasn't this reported better in the AP newsflash today?

look for continued twisting of this story .....

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
They really need to ban all fire arms! Only unstable anti-government idiots ever own them. True patriots support their government, not shoot at it. It's my personal, but firm belief that we need a major overhaul of the entire bill of rights. People just use the constitution as an excuse to talk, and act stupid. What good is freedom of speech when all you do is talk bad about the government? And why carry a fire-arm if all you're gonna do is "protect yourself" from the people who are here to protect us, namely, the police..

sarcasm like hell

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Today's report from CNN is at the 10th grade level.

They are getting better and less insulting.

It seems the assault gun recovered was "registered to" the suspect Ortega.

Within five minutes, officers located a vehicle in the 2300 block of Constitution Avenue. Evidence in the vehicle led to U.S. Park Police obtaining an arrest warrant for Oscar Ortega-Hernandez," described as a 21-year-old Hispanic male, 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighing 160 pounds.

A weapon registered to Ortega-Hernandez was found in the car, according to a law enforcement source familiar with the investigation.

There is no specific concern for President Barack Obama's safety, a Secret Service official not authorized to speak on the record told CNN.

Hmmmmm

We have an active duty Secret Service official "not authorized to speak on the record" giving information "off the record" that ends up "on the record" for purposes of a news report ?

Looks like (s)he broke protocol

The law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said when shots were heard Friday night, there were reports of tires screeching and cars racing.

That's certainly an eye opener !

I would think after firing shots from a machine gun, they would take their sweet time driving away...

especially since they were so close to the White House, while the U.S. has wars going on !!!

By the CNN Wire Staff - updated 10:26 AM EST, Wed November 16, 2011
Bullet strikes White House window

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This and them pushing to ask about Giffords running for the 2012 elections today, looks like someones gearing up to try to take our right to bear arms again.
edit on 16-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
They really need to ban all fire arms! Only unstable anti-government idiots ever own them. True patriots support their government, not shoot at it. It's my personal, but firm belief that we need a major overhaul of the entire bill of rights. People just use the constitution as an excuse to talk, and act stupid. What good is freedom of speech when all you do is talk bad about the government? And why carry a fire-arm if all you're gonna do is "protect yourself" from the people who are here to protect us, namely, the police..

sarcasm like hell

Phew!!! glad I read your whole post, all the way down to the last line

I was getting the flamthrower lit up and the napalm bottle turned on.

The sad thing is, that there are actually people that really do think that way. I own many guns. 2 pistols, 4 hunting rifles, 1 shotgun and my beautiful AR-15

my guns have many uses.
1-talking points for guests (a few are displayed)
2-theft deterant for anyone looking through my windows
3- Protection of my family and myself
4-hunting

5-a great stress reliever at the range (bump firing an AR with a 100 round drum will melt your cares away
)
6-Keep any boys in line that are thinking about dating any daughter of mine.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

That's the shotgun, I'm guessing? Cleaning it at the kitchen table as the boyfriend shows up? Cool.

ETA: there will be some who'll think that it'll make us safer to ban all guns. Heck, they think that now, nothing going to change that. Fortunately, the politicians haven't quite caved on that one yet...
edit on 11/16/2011 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Not an assasination attempt, this was jsut someone issuing a statement. In addidtion the person was obviously blowing off steam. You can bet your bottom dollar that in America all of the elite are soon going to be targets, many probably deserving IMO, especially after what we now know.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be funny if the gun they found happened to be on the "Fast and Furious" guns?

That would be a very poignant message to make.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by Talltexxxan

That's the shotgun, I'm guessing? Cleaning it at the kitchen table as the boyfriend shows up? Cool.

ETA: there will be some who'll think that it'll make us safer to ban all guns. Heck, they think that now, nothing going to change that. Fortunately, the politicians haven't quite caved on that one yet...
edit on 11/16/2011 by seagull because: (no reason given)

Exactly! My 12 guage looks like something straight out of COD. Pistolgrip, foldable stock, the skull crusher muzzle break, 3-picitanny rails on the pump with a fore grip and intergrated flash light. Its a piece of art if you ask me.

can you say giggity giggity.

edit on 16-11-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

S/F; I enjoyed going through your analysis and timeline of the events as revealed by the MSM and either:

A) The secret service has become as inept as their "boss"
or
B) A narrative for the campaign is unfolding before us

I heard the initial reports last week, and it is interesting how WEAK White House/MSM treatment is of these incidents....Where is Axelrod when you need him?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
Wouldn't it be funny if the gun they found happened to be on the "Fast and Furious" guns?

That would be a very poignant message to make.

OR,

at least one from a police confiscation sale

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurningSpearess

S/F; I enjoyed going through your analysis and timeline of the events as revealed by the MSM and either:

A) The secret service has become as inept as their "boss"
or
B) A narrative for the campaign is unfolding before us

I heard the initial reports last week, and it is interesting how WEAK White House/MSM treatment is of these incidents....Where is Axelrod when you need him?

Axelrod is busy behind the scenes where he operates at his best.

He's been busy with the Herman Cain smear ..... that one women lives in the same building he lives in in Chicago !!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

LOL the police?

Yes relying on thugs is a form of stability.. I think.. well.. maybe not.. it's just foolish.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if Obama (or other official) actually set up the discharge of a firearm, near the white house, in order to push for further gun control.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Only unstable anti-government idiots ever own them. True patriots support their government, not shoot at it.

I support the government, although you can question my stability for that. My firearms are for home defense. I imagine a clean shot would be more humane to an intruder than a mauling by my Hokkaido Dogs. I don't trust my dogs would actually finish the job, and I would have to resort to a screwdriver when lacking a firearm.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

edit on 16-11-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join