It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do Freemasons want? Or the Question is: What are Freemasons actually waiting for?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I personally believe the Masons are on automatic pilot, kind of like the movie Wall-E, It's been so long they don't know why they pass it down, other than, becoming better, they probably want everyone else to 'become better' like them, the thing is, you don't need to join them to 'become better', I assure you, you can join a thousand other organizations or join none and still have the full capacity of 'becoming better', or even better than better.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

You are correct in that you don't need masonry to become a better person, it's just one avenue. But we do know why we do what we do. Once you learn why you go through each step, and say each word correctly, you understand that it's all teaching a very specific lesson that can be interpreted many ways. But it's the best way we know to teach those lessons. It's true that not everyone understands 100% of what is taught, that is part of the journey to learn the rest, and it could take a lifetime. And what we teach in the Blue lodge is just the beginning of what knowledge is out there. You just have to start looking.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Like the dude says, you don't NEED to join to become better, but sometimes there's strength in numbers... If you've got a brother who's gone through the same things before, he might be there to help you if you begin to lose sight or err in some way. Having a coach often makes one a better player…

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Unless you are a radical Gnostic who views the Creator of this world as the Demiurge or Leviathan, then we are not Devil Worshippers. We do pray to the Great Architect of The Universe, who in our opinion and "mythology," is a force of Good in the world. Only those people who hate everything and everyone believe the Creator is evil, though I will admit I did go through that phase myself upon a time.

I have never heard the word "Venus" mentioned at any point in a Masonic ritual.

Lastly, there is really no such thing as a "high ranking Freemason," since the degrees are more horizontal than vertical. Rank is used for organizational purposes and the delegation of duties, nobody is "above you" necessarily.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMAshlar
Welcome to ATS Brother and you sure found an old thread.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CasiusIgnoranze

I am not really sure, but from what I have heard, at least in the conspiracy theory world, is that the guy that owns and runs CNN is a big part of American Freemasonry, and that he wrote a book way back with their high ideals of how humanity should be run. It actually seemed sensible, just a bit idealistic maybe. And possibly the implication is that the mainstream media and geopolitical world events are being steered and manipulated in a way to bring about the changes that these Freemasons desire.

Whether or not it is working out 100% is totally left up in the air. Doesn't the world need a "new order"?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

Ted Turner is not a Freemason as far as I have found.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Satan and God are inventions of people.
There is no proof that either exist ... only belief

People have always sought answers to the age old questions.
Some gain insight and put into practice what they have learnt.
Some sit upon their hoard of gold and look down upon those still searching ... such is Human Nature.

However their are also those who see themselves as shepherds guiding and protecting others ... such is also Human Nature.

If Satan exists in this world it emanates from people and so too the same applies to God.
Yet the story of Satan and God is also an allegory of Human Nature

I do believe however that the Universe was brought into being by an act of will / Intelligence
The same intelligence we all are a small part of.

edit on 8-11-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join