It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do Freemasons want? Or the Question is: What are Freemasons actually waiting for?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
Your attitude shows arrogance....Your God Lucifer...

Actually, your post shows arrogance, and quite a bit of ignorance. To imply that I worship a fictitious entity is the height of arrogance and ignorance. Only a fool believes in Satan/Lucifer/The Devil.

Only a deceived man believes Satan does not exist.

The greatest deception Satan has ever accomplished is convincing the world he does not exist...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Why does belief in God require a belief in Satan?

Because God is from the Bible and Satan is his adversary?
So how can you cherry pick what suits you better from the Bible?

The answer is simple:

They do not believe in the Eternal God of the Bible, they believe in whatever form of God they wish to in order to justify what they believe is right or wrong in their eyes.

Their god is not the Eternal God of Creation, it is a version of a god built on the pride found in self.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

The answer is simple:

They do not believe in the Eternal God of the Bible, they believe in whatever form of God they wish to in order to justify what they believe is right or wrong in their eyes.

Their god is not the Eternal God of Creation, it is a version of a god built on the pride found in self.

I'm a mason and I believe in the God of the Bible. I also believe in the biblical Satan. So when you say "they" be aware that there are devout Christians who are also masons.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by JoshNorton

who are we to question His master plan?

How do you know he has a master plan?
And if you do know, could you share it here with the rest of us mere plebs?

I can, but not with the hughty and pride filled attitude you are asking the question in. Only those of a humble and contrite spirit are capable of grasping the truths of God Almighty at this time.

If you are genuine then ask genuinly.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

It was a direct quote referring to one specific mason and what he stated he believed. I appoligise for insinuating "they" and should have used to more appropriate "he".

Thank you for reminding me to be more careful when posting not to appear sterotypical. You are correct.

The answer is simple:

I'm a mason and I believe in the God of the Bible. I also believe in the biblical Satan. So when you say "they" be aware that there are devout Christians who are also masons.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The answer is simple:

It was a direct quote referring to one specific mason and what he stated he believed. I appoligise for insinuating "they" and should have used to more appropriate "he".

Thank you for reminding me to be more careful when posting not to appear sterotypical. You are correct.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Avatar777

then again, maybe he is the guy you just passed on the street, or the lady in the car in front of you. Faith is what keeps the believers faithful and lack of it is what makes the non-believers what they are. You are free to be whichever one you want to be. that is the beauty of the world that God created. Choice rather than oppression.

It is good that nowadays we all have a choice. Something that people didn't have because of religious fanatics by the way. But then again everything can be used for a good or evil, be it science, religion etc. I respect everyone who believe in something and I would never force anyone to abandon their faith. As for me, I would say that I am something between agnostic and deist. I certainly believe in the existence of God but I have no idea who or what he/it is. This is the reason why I didn't join Freemasons. I like your club very much and admire many great Masons who , by the way, were one of those who gave us the opportunity to choose whether or not to believe. But it goes against my nature to believe in something that I cannot prove. I prefer to explore instead of believe.

As for lady in the car in front of me being a God. I guess next time I'll ask her if she is the one.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Im pretty sure some of the Christian Freemasons believe that Satan or the Devil exists.

Freemasonry is pluralistic, meaning that not only Christians are Freemasons. Unsettling, isnt it?

edit on 17-11-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Faith?

I did mention it was unfathomable, didn't I?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Architects usually do.

To create an incredibly diverse environment for learning, growth, challenge and recreation.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Casius, it's a little ridiculous for you to lump all Freemasons into some group and claim the whole lot of them are hiding ancient secrets and want to take over the world.

I don't think you know that much about Freemasons.....some of our Founding Fathers were Freemasons.....There are tons of Freemasons....and somehow, I just don't think they are all in on a conspiracy to take over the world and keep ancient knowledge from the masses......LOL

Where are you getting this stuff, from Jesse Ventura? LOL!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The answer is simple:

Well said. Thank you. Refreshing to get an honest and gentlemanly answer on the internet.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Avatar777

as long as you are looking, you will more than likely find what you are looking for.
Good luck on the journey.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I tend to think that at one time there were certain ancient truths and secrets hidden in Freemason symbolism, however, after the Freemasons were destroyed, over the centuries those secrets were lost and replaced by something much more mundane by the Masons, who only represent a pretend shadow of the original organization.

I also suspect that many of the secrets that were held have been rediscovered and defined by modern philosophy and science, such that they're now irrelevant. As a result, the Masons continue as a social organization, but they're no longer in possession of anything really secret or worth knowing in a magic/technological sense.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I also suspect that many of the secrets that were held have been rediscovered and defined by modern philosophy and science, such that they're now irrelevant. As a result, the Masons continue as a social organization, but they're no longer in possession of anything really secret or worth knowing in a magic/technological sense.
"Treat each other fairly and honestly" or "use your time wisely" may not be "secrets worth knowing in a magic/technological sense", but I'd say they're far from irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Man, I must say that I'm surprised that people still believe this mess. I could understand if we had no internet or libraries....not to mention the fact that you could join a lodge yourself and not go off of some 'friends' testimony. Even if this supposed conversation happended, how do you know your friend wasn't pulling your leg, because he knows how guillable you are?

This thread should be moved to a comedy section....it's hilarious

No, I'm not a mason, but I can read and I choose to do my homework before I accuse people of being satanist. Baby Jesus is frowning and shaking his head right now.

PS Sorry for calling you guillable...I couldn't think of a better word.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
If they want to manipulate the stock market, make million$, rule the Earth and take 18 year old wives then I'm joining immediately!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

yes, on Tuesday mornings we all have our Weekly status meeting with God and some of the "higher up" masons. He usually gives us a pep talk and then goes into this weeks "Grand Plan".
I will tell him you said hi if you like.

(freemasonry knows as much about what God wants as you do.) We all just hope we are on the right track.

If you were a bit more funnier, maybe you could've been a comedian.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

I can, but not with the hughty and pride filled attitude you are asking the question in.

Oh you can, can you?
You can tell me of Gods master plan?
Great, just when I think i've heard it all.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Im pretty sure some of the Christian Freemasons believe that Satan or the Devil exists.

Freemasonry is pluralistic, meaning that not only Christians are Freemasons. Unsettling, isnt it?

edit on 17-11-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

The only thing that unsettles me is having no bacon in the fridge mate.
Thank's for the comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join