It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian artifacts un-earthed in Australian ????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
ok guys, i hate story's that start "a friend of a friend told me" i think you know the ones.
but the following story has been on my mind since i heard it a couple of days ago, so please hear me out and offer your thoughts on if you think it could be for real or not.

a Life long friend of mine who works in iron ore mining in Western Australia told me that "a trustworthy" colleague told him about a guy who had found some very unusual items, the items were said to resemble early Egyptian remnants of some kind.
Aparently, the guy then hands them over to some Egypt researcher guy, who in turn contacts some one in the gov.

Now the interesting part, and the part that could confirm if this is a bs story.
the researcher was then made or paid to hand them over, and was told that if they became public that Australia would or could loose land rights for excavation or mining to the gov of Egypt.

could this be even close to true?

There is a lot out there on Ancient Egyptian stuff being found in Aus. i know about the Gympie pyramid (just a hill imo) And the Gosford hyroglphs (fake imo) but other things like the stone scarab that was supposedly dug up in a cane field are interesting. it could also have somthing to do with the wacky Rex Gilroy www.rexgilroy.com...

i have always thought there was more to the real history of Australia, but who knows?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

History as it has been told to us is a complete lie.

We will probably never know the truth.

What I would give to unlock the mysteries of history...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Mate, I highly doubt W.A. mining is going to hand over to Egyptian archaeologists any time soon.

Would love to see some pics though. Can you ask your source to check his source for something solid ?

We can look for the tomb of Pharoe Bluey Tut ourselves.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

I highly doubt W.A. mining is going to hand over to Egyptian archaeologists any time soon.
me too. but i suppose it would save any niggley little problems to just "brush it under the cover"

i'll quizz my mate again tomorrow, but i think i got it all out of him. i'll at least ask him if he can get more out of the guy who told him.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm a history and Ancient history student from the UK, there are a few things out there that could point to how ancient Egyptian artifacts may have ended up in Australia. The Greeks and Romans who were heavily involved with trade in the latter periods of ancient Egypt may (accidentally) have visited Australia. Although latter Europeans had little knowledge of Australia the ancients seem to have know it was there. Herodotus (the first real Greek historian)

" ("History", book 4) may be of interest to you:
42. For my part I am astonished that men should ever have divided Libya, Asia, and Europe as they have, for they are exceedingly unequal. Europe extends the entire length of the other two, and for breadth will not even (as I think) bear to be compared to them. As for Libya, we know it to be washed on all sides by the sea, except where it is attached to Asia. This discovery was first made by Necos, the Egyptian king, who on desisting from the canal which he had begun between the Nile and the Arabian Gulf, sent to sea a number of ships manned by Phoenicians, with orders to make for the Pillars of Hercules, and return to Egypt through them, and by the Mediterranean. The Phoenicians took their departure from Egypt by way of the Erythraean Sea, and so sailed into the southern ocean. When autumn came, they went ashore, wherever they might happen to be, and having sown a tract of land with corn, waited until the grain was fit to cut. Having reaped it, they again set sail; and thus it came to pass that two whole years went by, and it was not till the third year that they doubled the Pillars of Hercules, and made good their voyage home. On their return, they declared - I for my part do not believe them, but perhaps others may - that in sailing round Libya they had the sun upon their right hand. In this way was the extent of Libya first discovered."

It is possible that if the Greeks could have sailed to Australia, stopping off as they went. See the last lines of the extract above... Having the sun on their right suggests the Greeks traveled a good distance, maybe more than what we now call Libya. Both ancient Greeks and Romans had access to Egyptian artifacts. Also they did believe in Southern land mass to 'balance out the Northern mass' so may well have traveled in search of such land.

I know it seems unlikely but it must be remembered, in many ways the ancient societies were more sophisticated than medieval Europe, hence much of the renaissance was based on ancient ways. Although the ancients did not have the long distance ships available to Europe and during the 'age of discovery' they were very good at navigating.

Of course this is really just a theory... I will state an unlikely one at that.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I love to see stuff like this. The main problem as I see it is: none of these archeologists and paleontologists are sailors, like me. They consider the oceans as impenetrable barriers to ancient man. Nothing could be further from the truth. Their Eurocentric view is part of the problem, viewing the Mediterranean as a model. The Med is very capricious and difficult to navigate even short distances. Violent winds come out of nowhere, currents run in all directions, making a short voyage such as Greece to Egypt into a dangerous undertaking.

I have sailed across both the Atlantic and the Pacific. It is easy as pie. It just takes a long time. It is no more dangerous than sailing from here (Mexico) to say Jamaica, just a longer trip. A wooden crate thrown overboard near the Canaries will definitely wash up in the Caribbean. If that can make it, a sailboat surely can. I once threw a message in a bottle off Miami, and I got it back from Portugal.

The Pacific is the same, just bigger. The Trade winds and ocean currents all move in giant circles, and will take you wherever you want to go, even in a raft with a mere square sail. In fact, all these European "great navigators" such as Magellan and Columbus, only had square rigged ships, which can only really go downwind. Slightly more controllable than a drifting raft. When they finally made it to the South Pacific, they found people on every island that had water, who had been there for thousands of years. The natives had boats that could literally sail circles around the Europeans' sluggish, waddling ships, and would think nothing of sailing hundreds or thousands of miles upwind, a feat that the Europeans still could not do at that point. These days, all ocean racing is dominated by catamarans, the Polynesian style of vessel. It has been proven to be the fastest and most efficient type of boat, just not so great for carrying huge loads. In other words, the Polynesians were thousands of years ahead of the Europeans in the seafaring department.

To think that ancient man, who most definitely had boats for thousands of years, could possibly just look at that ocean for thousands of years, with no one ever having the guts to just go for it and see what happens, is simply ridiculous. Landlubbers maybe just cannot relate at all, and are afraid of the ocean, and that is why they will assume everyone always thought the way they do. I would jump in a freaking beer cooler with a piece of blue tarp for a sail and go for it without thinking twice. OK, maybe not a beer cooler, but you get the point.

Two Frenchmen sailed a Hobie cat across the Atlantic, no problem. People have ROWED across the Atlantic many times. Two Mexicans once drifted in a broken down panga, a small open boat, from near Acapulco all the way to the Marshall Islands, 5,500 miles across the Pacific. For nine months they existed on rainwater and fish they caught, and they actually arrived pretty much fine, just a little hungry.

www.nytimes.com...

I can assure you, people like me, who used to make up a much larger percentage of the population, cannot even look at the horizon without wanting to go and find out what is beyond it. This feeling has driven and shaped my entire life, and I doubt I am the first person to ever feel that way. To think that ancient man just looked at that ocean for thousands of years, yet no one ever felt that way, is utter nonsense. However, whenever any artifacts are found that would indicate contact across the oceans in ancient times, it is called "out of context" and swept under the rug.

They recently found a skeleton in a cenote near here(Yucatan). The skeleton was dated over twelve thousand years old. The funny part is, it is a skeleton of a teenage boy, most definitely ASIAN. Now, I doubt a twelve year old boy swam across the ocean. I doubt he even sailed his own boat. Most likely with his parents, and most probably a larger group than that. So, HOW DID HE GET HERE? This has already been swept under the rug entirely.

top topics

join