It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting speech made by the son of Hamas Founder (!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'm hot here to advocate neither sides of the conflict, as I believe that in wars there are only two bad sides. But anyway, here's a mind opening speech made by Mosab Hassan Yousef, the son of Hamas leader and founder, Sheikh Hassan Yousef.

DISCLAIMER: It is a pro-Israel speech, but he's not supporting killing of any sides but only love and saving life of people in both sides. I believe he has followed his own truth and light and not Israel.
Nevertheless he gives a very interesting perspective on the Middle East conflict, from a very unique point of view.

We are one. May all beings be free and happy.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

The video doesn't work,

Quick sensor-ship, Pro Israel Hamas......

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

Hehe sorry, my bad with the link. :-)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Maybe this is the reason for HAMA's sudden change of heart?:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

I have lingering doubts about Yousef. While I like the SURFACE message, the fact that he worked with Shin Bet as long as he did gives me pause, and I don't like his emphasis on this as an ideological struggle as compared to a primarily political one (granted, he's got his own perspective). Has bothered me since he spoke at one of our local churches last year.

If it's truly a religious or ideological issue, you wouldn't expect to find this conflict and related issues primarily in and dealing with the Israel/Palestine situation - you'd likely see more historical hostility with the Iranian and Iraqi jewish populations and so on...but jews actually still have a pretty good setup in Iran and were also not too bad off under the Hussein administration either (as compared to other Iraqis generally...).

The issues always tend to crop up with the "occupation of palestine" and jewish political/military actionas and handling of the local moslem population.

I'm very ambivalent toward this young man...not sure what to believe here, but yes, there should be peace and a cessation of hostilities of all type on all sides - I would personally like to see movement from the Israelis first as the root of the issue seems to lie squarely at their feet, though.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

This is the face of courage and honor against the barbarians who come to steal, kill and destroy freedom and liberty. We must all stand for Israel. As he states, "If Israel fails, the Western world will be next. There is a better solution found in seeking life, liberty and justice from a platform of love for others.

He is correct on so many levels. He names the message of love from the Christian perspective. He names Jesus as the savior of mankind. He tells the truth about how Israel defends, honors and protects the liberty and the dignity of others. He tells the truth of the problem as it truly is: This is not a political issue. This is a moral issue of prejudice, hatred and corrupt ideology. Prejudice has always been the problem of mankind. Hate cannot dispel hate. Only love dispels hate.

Thank you for sharing this video.

edit on 16-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This thread has already been made with this exact video posted back around the 25th of October.

Mods shut it down.

new topics

top topics

join