It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whales Stranding and Earthquake Connection

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
We have in short period of time two whales stranding situation ..

I like to have all one place so I open thread and hope this info have some attention ..

So we see in next days is this connection present and real,

Have too many "signals" what can be "read" before strong earthquakes appear and is very complicate but if we know them all it be mach easier to understood eartqvekes and combine them, or predict danger time for big ones ..

22 sperm whales are stranded on Ocean Beach on Tasmania's west coast.
12 Nov 2011

www.sott.net...

61 whales die in New Zealand mass stranding
16 Nov 2011

www.japantoday.com...

Here is some good info ..

Dr Arunachalam Kumar, a professor from India, believes there is a connection between the beaching of marine mammals and earthquakes. Three weeks before the tsunami, he was alerted to the whales’ deaths, and wrote: “It is my observation, confirmed over the years, that mass suicides of whales and dolphins that occur sporadically all over the world, are in some way related to change and disturbances in the electromagnetic field co-ordinates and possible realignments of geotectonic plates thereof.“I would not be surprised if within a few days a massive quake hits some part of the globe.”

www.mirror.co.uk... 41618/

EARTHQUAKES AT SEA EXPLAIN WHY WHALES BEACH THEMSELVES!

When the seafloor bounces up and down during a shallow submarine earthquake, the vertical motion in the rocky bottom acts like a giant piston, pushing and pulling at the water, generating a series of intense pressure changes commonly known as seaquake waves (called T-Phase waves by seismologists). These compressional vibrations travel toward the surface at 1,500 meters per second as alternating compressions and rarefactions (dilations).

www.deafwhale.com...

A theory advanced by Geologist Jim Berkland, formerly with the U.S. Geological Survey, attributes the strandings to radical changes in the Earth's magnetic field just prior to earthquakes and in the general area of earthquakes. Berkland says when this occurs, it interferes with sea mammals' and even migratory birds' ability to navigate, which explains the mass beachings. He claims dogs and cats can also sense the disruptions, which explains elevated rates of runaway pets 1–2 days before earthquakes. Research on Earth's magnetic field and how it is affected by moving tectonic plates and earthquakes is ongoing.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-11-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Here i post some examples ..

In post above you can see some claims of shallow submarine earthquake can be connected with tragic events for this wonderful creatures ..

107 pilot whales die after mass stranding on remote New Zealand beach
21 February 2011

www.dailymail.co.uk...

22 February 2011, New Zealand earthquake

www.bbc.co.uk...

50 melon-headed whales strand in eastern Japan
5 March 2011
MITO, Japan, March 5 (AP) - (Kyodo)—About 50 melon-headed whales were found to have beached on the shore in Kashima, Ibaraki Prefecture, in eastern Japan Friday night and 22 were rescued and returned to the sea on Saturday by authorities and local volunteers.

www.breitbart.com...

More than 50 whales die after being washed up on New Zealand beach

www.guardian.co.uk...

7.0 Quake Shakes New Zealand Awake

September 03, 2010

www.foxnews.com...

Oarfish omen spells earthquake disaster for Japan
04 Mar 2010

"In ancient times Japanese people believed that fish warned of coming earthquakes, particularly catfish," Hiroshi Tajihi, deputy director of the Kobe Earthquake Centre, told the Daily Telegraph. "But these are just old superstitions and there is no scientific relationship between these sightings and an earthquake," he said.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Earthquake prediction for Wellington

He predicted the earthquake would create a tsunami that would stretch down to Kaikoura and when the water returned it would rush into the streets of the capital and cause widespread destruction as far north as Whanganui.
"I have seen the roof of the Beehive lying in the debris of the streets of Wellington.''
Tia Toa said he had waited 38 years to share his prediction.

www.stuff.co.nz...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
thanks dalke! nice catch! S&F for you.

so...what do you think my friend? a precursor to another "big one"...or just part of the overall animal die-offs that point to an even larger "event" in coming months/years?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

I remember checking the USGS yesterday and thinking to myself that this area had around ten quakes of magnitude 5 or higher. I'm not an expert on this topic but I thought that was rather odd.

I seen a thread on this yesterday but I'm not sure if they had as much of the information that you provided.

ETA: I see that your thread has the most recent incident and the other thread only had the incident from the 12th in it's OP from what I can tell.

Thanks for letting me us know about the most recent event from today.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Without you getting all upset and sad Dalke...perhaps you can enlighten the readers with two figures, if it's not much trouble.

The first is... How many mag 5+ earthquakes a year does Australia have?

And secondly... How many whale beachings a year does Australia have?

I believe these figures are pertinent to the thread.

Thank you kindly

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Please leave my threads, I tell you that too many times in last months ..

What problem with you, don't have time for discussion ..

If you want to understood something you must believe in that in first place or you never can find any useful staff, you did not have energy so that way I don't need you here ..

And we are not stupid here if have connection or not, don't need yo00u to tell us all time same contradict things and you are very wrong for many of them, I have many proofs so I don't need you here ..

It's empty work from you because you just stealing time and energy from members, better be in silents I respect you mach more, leave to Phage that kind of work because he know very match ..

Go play at other ground because you cant understood this or similar sensitive staff ..

Make confusion somewhere else, here I need member to help my to understood and explore or connect very complicated things not some work 1+1 =2 situation ..

"Do not interfere where is not place for you or where you don't belong" ..

Peace ..

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I'm still looking for beached whale stats but I found some info on the yearly quakes in Australia. Can anyone verify this information? I'm not sure how accurate it is.

Earthquakes, Australia and New Zealand

In Australia there are approximately 200 earthquakes per year, however most are too weak to be felt.

If the above statement is true than ten mag 5 plus quakes in the area in less than a week would be out of character. The thing is the quakes usually happen in strings, so they should be expected to come in multiples.

For a long time now evidence has linked aquatic mammals beaching and die offs of other animals with earthquakes.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

dalke...chad was just trying to add a little objectivity here.

i, for one, have no idea how often whales beach themselves in that area. being the chad is from down under, they might know that that isn't really an alarming number of whales. or...maybe it is and chad is just being a jerk.

like chad said...why not post normal figures up so we can all see how normal/abnormal the whales are. i know that quakes are normal in that area. here...you've done enough research. let me see if i can find the number of whales beaching themselves per year and let's see if this is normal or not. i'll try and find numbers right now.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
A quick search has proven that beached whales in that area is quite common and these two incidents are actually not that big of a deal. Check this one out from 2009:

Almost 200 whales beached om Australia

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

150 whales died march 09

another 150 in nov 08

ok...just that quickly i found those. so...it seems quite common.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It is an interesting theory but i am not certain that they are related. We have had several whale strandings around the Humber Estuary over the last couple of years and no earthquakes (a long way from any earthquake zones).

If there is a link, all data has to be considered, not just data that is favourable to the hypothesis.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Another suspected cause of these whale beachings and die offs is changes in the magnetic field whether locally or globally. I don't know too much about this stuff but it all makes sense. I have long thought that all these recent die offs have been linked to our magnetic field.

Animals and the Magnetic Field

Sometimes this navigational ability can serve its practitioners only too well. A mystery long bedeviling marine biologists is why otherwise healthy whales beach themselves, often in large groups. In the early 1980s, a British biologist named Margaret Klinowska first noticed a correlation between where whale strandings tended to occur along the coasts of England and where magnetic lineations written into the seafloor intersect those coasts. (These lineations, or anomalies, are different from those produced by the main magnetic field.) Joe Kirschvink of the California Institute of Technology and his colleagues later showed a similar association on the east coast of the U.S.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalke07

Please leave my threads, I tell you that too many times in last months ..

What problem with you, don't have time for discussion ..

If you want to understood something you must believe in that in first place or you never can find any useful staff ..

Go play at other ground because you cant understood this or similar sensitive staff ..

Make confusion somewhere else, here I need member to help my to understood and explore very complicated things not some work 1+1 =2 situation ..

It's not complicated at all. It's Nibiru time! Not the Masters' Nibiru from deeply off the elliptic, but the Nibiru of "Final Nibiru Update". Your knees will freeze, your liver will quiver. "Shining star come into view".-----------------

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thats the theory i subscribe to as well tbh. And not just whales but also migrating birds, etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So beachings are unfortunately common in Australia and earthquakes are not.

Does that debunk the correlation, possibly...but we need more info.

I would like to submit another possible scenario on what's going on...

Current research is aiming to verify a process known as sonar termination. It may be that sonar termination is the main cause of dysfunction of cetacean echolocation during a mass stranding of apparently healthy toothed cetaceans (odontoceti). Sonar termination occurs when a pod of cetaceans emits an echolocation signal toward a coast with a gently sloping shoreline and under certain meteorological conditions a reflection will not be detected. The reflection contains important information about the location and features of the shoreline. The lack of reflections received from the coast would appear to be a ‘deaf spot’ to the cetaceans, analogous to the human ‘blind spot’. The coast may appear as thick 'fog' to the pod of cetaceans and may induce a navigational error.

www.biophysics.uwa.edu.au...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Are you really want my to provoke all time ..

Open your own thread or find some ground what you have knowledge for that ..

I want to open members mind not to close what is all ready closed ..

Make confusion somewhere else, are you have any of good behavior or respect ..

Leave my threads I tell you halo00, and learn to behavior decently if someone tell you "leave my thread" because I know very good what are you doing here on ATS ..

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

dalke. this is a public forum. you can't tell someone they have to leave your thread. in fact, it's kinda part of the rules that members can freely comment on others threads. you can do what i do and ignore the people you don't like who post in your thread but you can't demand that anyone leave.

do you color your hair purple, cut it funny and then tell people not to look at you?
edit on 11/16/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

WOW.... You could not have acted more like a child in your response to him. Judging from this interaction, I can only assume that Chad has called out your "predictions" / "theories" in the past.

People need to employ critical thinking BEFORE they buy into a hypothesis hook line and sinker!!!

Chadwicks questions are relevant and required, to look at your theory properly. I did look into those questions.... If YOU had looked into the questions he asked, you would have also found that your theory is flawed.

BUT, I will let you force your theory out there, without pointing out how flawed it is (wait, didn't I just do that?)

Have a nice day, I'll assume that you and I will not be pen pals in the future.
edit on 16-11-2011 by AlertInMi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

I want to open members mind not to close what is all ready closed

So me presenting a theory on sonar termination is closed minded is it?

Sounds like it is you who is close minded.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join