It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the world will never have peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
i just think about if we never ever witness peace, tolerate in this simple ATS forum with maybe 50k active users,
how is that possible we witness it in world scale?

then they talk about love? peace? bull# maybe.
it just impossible.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by requireduser

Nothing is impossible if one puts their mind to it.

Humanity has simply gone off the wrong path due to being corrupted by certain groups and organisations.

Sooner or later the balance will shift eventually. After all, Change is inevitable.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The wrong path? Really? I suppose I one sticks ones head in the sand and ignores all of recorded, and unrecorded for that matter, history.

Humanity is an abstraction. It can't do anything nor have anything done to it. Individuals act. Individuals learn. Individuals change. It is individuals who have knowledge of things, it is individuals who conform to some moral ideals, and individuals who progress toward a conceived end. And with every new individual the process starts anew. So just can all the claptrap about "human progress", because such talk isn't even logically tenable.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
there is too much hate in the world, and hate breeds hate, so i guess your right the world will never have peace.It may have after we are gone though.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by requireduser

All war is fought for one thing...control of resources.

At some point, we'll likely develop interstellar travel. At that point, resources will be nearly infinite, so at THAT time, the reason for war will have evaporated...and THEN there may be peace.

It's one reason I think aliens wouldn't be hostile. Nothing to gain from it. Why steal Earth's water (for example), when you could simply take all you want from Europa? (without contest). Just a quick example of how this would play out if you had the vast resources of the galaxy at your disposal.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Go back through history and have a look where peace has even been considered. Not very often. The only problem with the modern day is the ability to annihilate the entire planet with only minimal weapons in a shorter timeframe. Peace is a dream and nothing more at the moment. I agree with you 100%.

top topics

join