It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 our own doing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What could caused terrorists to attack us on 9/11 well my guess is our foerign policy. What if we weren't helping the Afganistani rebels back in the eighties. What if we stayed out of it. Well the Soviet Union would have captured it successfully without having to with draw, this would mean no Taliban. And then of course helping Isreal seems to have made a lot of people angry, particuarly people who became terrorists. Anybody else get the feeling that our own historical actions caused 9/11.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
bush caused 9/11.

go to these websites:

www.infowars.com

www.prisonplanet.com

hopefully that would help answer your questions.

good day

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Check out this site.

www.letsroll911.org...

Respects,

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Blame the victim, Cyberdude. It's the marxist way. There's plenty of "evidence" to support your view and plenty of lunatics to egg you on, but no one with an ounce of intelligence buys into these claims, except those who will use anything to smear the US and the Bush administration. It's a cottage industry.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You seem to be operating under a bit of a guilt thing.
That isn't to say we don't have to think about the law of unintended consequences, when we take action.
If you believe that Arab religious terrorists caused 911 [which i do not] we do not live in a vacuum. We from time to time may need to take action in the world. That action should be spare and efficient, not SLOPPY and DISORGANIZED. The action against the Taliban in Afghanistan would have made sense based on the above assumtion. The totally confused [fraudulent] reasoning behind the war in Iraq is already a problem, and as far as i can see we have created a whole new nation of millions that is a breeding ground for terroists where a self-contained, if evil, dictator was before. Many people forget that Bush was elected to protect our liberties at home, NOT infringe them, and NOT elected by Iraqis to liberate them at the expense of the American people and lives of young soldiers.

That said, 911, Oklahoma City, were simply crimes against America by the CIA, FBI, ATF and US military to justify their various organization's existence after the large cold war mission was gone.

It is like alarm/security companies who like to quote statistics on high crime rates to sell more systems and services. Only in this case they are going out and commiting the crimes to inflate the statistics.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It's unbelievable that there are those who are always looking to defend, justify or place blame on America and its leaders for the unspeakable acts of murder committed by radical islamic vermin. Is it because they themselves are this vermin also ?? Perhaps it is a mental disorder ??

Well 1 more time, a group of radical islamic terrorists hijacked and crashed 4 commercial jets into various targets in America killing several thousand people. They did this because they were brain washed into thinking this was the will of God and they would be rewarded in the kingdom of heaven.

Let me fill you in!! It was the will of a deranged coward named osama bin laden and the only reward they will get is eternity in hell. The victims were truly innocent, the perpetrators truly evil. They were butchered by a small group of religious fanatics and you say these people brought it on
themselves? Their nation is to blame for their meticulously planned
slaughter?

Don't Blame Americans for every ill in the third world or for not bringing peace to these wretched countries.

GradyPhilpott
Well said !!!

[edit on 3-9-2004 by sniper068]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
sniper068, click your heels three times as you say it, and maybe you will end up home in Kansas. [BTW you look cute in your bobby sox and maryjanes]

If you really, reallly believe it with all your heart maybe it will become the truth. Cross those fingers guy.

You might take a GOOD look at the legislation this administration and congress passes. Every iota of it is written for EXPATRIOT CORPORATIONS. Wake up. These people don't care about America, they don't care about Americans. They are venal, avaricious, greedy and ABSOLUTELY RUTHLESS. Human lives mean NOTHING to them.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Blame the victim, Cyberdude. It's the marxist way. There's plenty of "evidence" to support your view and plenty of lunatics to egg you on, but no one with an ounce of intelligence buys into these claims, except those who will use anything to smear the US and the Bush administration. It's a cottage industry.

exuse me here is the list of physics911.org... staff list:
Membership on the S.P.I.N.E. Panel is determined by professional status and area.

Current Members include:

Walter E. Davis Social & Human Health Theorist Member
A. K. Dewdney Mathematician, Computer Scientist, Biologist Member
John DiNardo Physics Teacher Member
Derrick Grimmer Physicist Member
Jim Hoffman Physician, Engineering Background Member
Eric Huffschmid Software Developer Member
Joseph D. Keith Aeronautical Engineer Member
Tim Howells Computer Scientist Member
Jerry Longspaugh Aeronautical Engineer Member
Scott Loughrey Computer Programmer Member
Brad Molineux Cellphone Engineer Member
Sid Walker Webmaster & Editor Member

no intelligence huh?
would you mind getting credentials for your side?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
What could caused terrorists to attack us on 9/11 well my guess is our foerign policy. What if we weren't helping the Afganistani rebels back in the eighties. What if we stayed out of it. Well the Soviet Union would have captured it successfully without having to with draw, this would mean no Taliban. And then of course helping Isreal seems to have made a lot of people angry, particuarly people who became terrorists. Anybody else get the feeling that our own historical actions caused 9/11.

That's not true.
The terrorists are just beasts that want to shoot people and blow buidlings up. They don't care if they're right or wrong.
Look at the example of the French journalists.
Is it France's own doing?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by psilocin no intelligence huh?

Excuse, me. Please allow me to correct my original statement:

Blame the victim, Cyberdude. It's the marxist way. There's plenty of "evidence" to support your view and plenty of lunatics to egg you on, but no one with an ounce of sanity buys into these claims, except those who will use anything to smear the US and the Bush administration. It's a cottage industry.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Does sanity = sticking your head in the sand?

Stand up tall like a man Grady, don't be afraid. The balance is a little tricky at first, but you will get the hang of it.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Does sanity = sticking your head in the sand?

Stand up tall like a man Grady, don't be afraid. The balance is a little tricky at first, but you will get the hang of it.

Dear Mr. Slank,

You would do well to reserve your characterizations of me until such time as you know what you are talking about. Otherwise, you will only make yourself look less intelligent than we all know that you actually are. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that I have been walking upright on this planet for a heck of a lot longer than you have. Gullibility is not a virtue and usually declines with age.

[edit on 04/9/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Radical Islamists did indeed carry out for the heinous attacks on September 11, 2001, that does not negate the fact that the U.S was busy funding, training and supporting their leader, one Usama Bin Laden, to fight against the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, and at that time, Usama was considered to be on the good side of the west.

That is only one lesson of many when it comes to foreign policy. If you hunt with the wolves you sleep with the wolves. These alliances are not new, nor should they be considered acceptable, ever.

For all of Bush's pious sermons on defeating terrorists, he too sleeps with the devil, and were he to be sincere in defeating same he would not be in bed with Musharraf. Sanctions were placed on Pakistan for pursuing nuclear power, lifted to fight the war to stop the soviet's attack on Afghanistan, replaced later, again for nuclear proliferation, and lifted once more by Bush in exchange for fighting Afghanistan's Taliban, along with a gift of millions. Yet, Pakistan does little to reduce terrorist training camps or activity, and suspiciously seems to favour UBL. Such is an unholy alliance, and had Bush stood his ground, he would have made far more of an impact with the masses were he to have issued the edict to include Pakistan. In essence, Pakistan's proliferation of nuclear weapons has taken a back seat with this president, it has allowed them 3 years furtherance of the program, a program which at one time not too long ago, was of extreme urgency to the U.S.A. A program which by Bush's foreign policy allowed Abdul Qadeer Khan, to receive only a slap on the wrist.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The next time a friend or friendly acquaintance betrays your trust and good will, be sure to heap plenty of blame on yourself for having been trusting and generous.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The next time a friend or friendly acquaintance betrays your trust and good will, be sure to heap plenty of blame on yourself for having been trusting and generous.

Pakistan was not a friend. That is the difference. And the above excuse holds no water.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetweenPakistan was not a friend. That is the difference. And the above excuse holds no water.

It has been my observation that Pakistan has been a valuable asset in our war against terror. Would you care to provide evidence to the contrary?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm sure you do stand upright, I just like to tease. [hope you don't mind.] You aren't allowing your mind to be as dexterous and agile, which I believe is optimal in operation of a mind.

Pakistan was the source of nuclear matterials and equipment to Libya, North Korea, & Iran:

Traces of enriched uranium discovered on recently surrendered LIBYAN nuclear components appear to have come from Pakistan, a critical black-market supply hub that also made deliveries to IRAN and NORTH KOREA, U.N. inspectors reported yesterday in Vienna.
www.washingtonpost.com...

PAKISTAN HAS secretly been supplying IRAN with technology crucial to the development of a nuclear weapons programme, international inspectors say. There is also evidence Pakistan has been supplying NORTH KOREA and other countries with such expertise.
www.electricityforum.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Clearly, this is disturbing news, but I would like to point out a couple of paragraphs that would give cause to reserve judgement until more information is available.

Sheikh Rashid Ahmed, Pakistan's Information minister, said: "Some individuals may have been doing something on their own. The government of Pakistan has not authorised any transfers of sensitive nuclear technology to other countries. Only individuals are being investigated."

The investigators believe that Pakistan's transfer of information happened many years ago and before General Pervez Musharraf, the current military ruler, came to power. But the revelation will further complicate the relationship between the US and Pakistan, which President Bush claims has been an ally in the so-called war on terror. There was no immediate comment recently from Washington, though reports suggest American officials are involved in the investigations and possibly the questioning of the Pakistani scientists.

www.electricityforum.com...

[edit on 04/9/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
To be sure Pakistan is a mixed bag. But it is in no way a solid reliable ally. I believe the majority of the population, including a good portion of the military, is pretty severe in their muslim beliefs.

It makes me think of dealing with a person with a split personaliity. You have to be careful about which personality you are dealing with.

Very touch and go there.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

I believe the majority of the population, including a good portion of the military, is pretty severe in their muslim beliefs.

This very fact will always have to inform our relations with Pakistan, but for the time being I think we have to "rely on the kindness of strangers."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join