It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compelling and Convincing Evidence that Life was Created! What Say You?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

This doesn't change or challenge anything we don't already know. I am no an evolutionist, I believe in creation.
The videos goes on to prove that with how it explains life forming and the mechanics behind it.

It goes on to state that the probability of life forming on it's own is mathematically improbable, but does not say impossible.

If anything this video proves both theories could be correct.

Not sure why you would use this video to prove God. Even if the Earth and Man were created it is safe to say it could of been an alien who did it who came to being by accident.

Sorry but to prove one side or another is meant to be impossible. It's the division of Good vs Evil, spiritual vs the logical. it's part of the test and trying to convince others who are stubborn in their view is almost futile.
edit on 16-11-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnang

that might be 3 to us, but to him its 3 in 1.

hehe

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It's ok to say that life appears to be programmed.

You and the person who created the video is forgetting one thing though... we base our creations on the rules of nature.

Nature does not adjust to how we perceive things. But rather we adjust to build things that mimic the way the universe works.

The universe is made up of 1's and 0's just like a computer is.
Yin, Yang.
Matter, Anti-matter.
Light, Darkness.
Good, Evil.

We base our own creations logic on the 'system' already in place, because its familiar to us. Nature, down to the atomic level has alot of similarities with mathematics and raw computer code (binary for example).

We created these designs and algorithm's in such a way because other things that exist throughout nature use the same logic.

You've got it backwards.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You said:

I did not say that. I was just assuming you were correct for a second and playing out that thought. Please link me to somewhere reputable that specifically says that DNA has been identified as programming by scientists. Don't forget, I said REPUTABLE sources.

Where have you been man? Were you living under a rock?

Why a whole industry have emerge from the study of the Genetic Codes. Because of the Genetic Codes we now know how intricate the DNA is. Far beyond any of the best programs that man can put together - unless you disagree.

Here's are some interesting findings for you:

“The idea of the genome as a book is not, strictly speaking, even a metaphor. It is literally true. A book is a piece of digital information . . . So is a genome.”

The author adds:

“The genome is a very clever book, because in the right conditions it can both photocopy itself and read itself.”
- - Genome—The Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters, by Matt Ridley, 1999, pp. 7-8.

For that matter it was discovered that:

“One gram of DNA, which when dry would occupy a volume of approximately one cubic centimeter, can store as much information as approximately one trillion CDs [compact discs].”
-- from Scientific American, “Computing With DNA,” by Leonard M. Adleman, August 1998, p. 61.

But if your up to it here's one of the best websites that contain so much info about the Human Genome:

I believe they are the largest depository of Genome Knowledge.

www.ornl.gov...

I have more but this should be enuff - but if you're still convinced that the DNA Code is as you say "isn't very complex"?

then answer my questions:

Here they are again:

And exactly how does the body communicate its need to the cell, and how does it trigger part of the DNA molecule to “unzip” at just the right place and later to go back together?

What prevents the rest of the DNA helix from “unzipping”?

Also, how did not only the right chemicals, but also all the right mechanisms, such as the ribosomes, come to be in the cell for the making of a new strand of RNA?

Or how about this: How does the ribosome “read” the RNA and exactly how are just the right chemicals provided at the right places to reproduce the DNA’s pattern and to make the proper protein?

If you don't like that one how about this:

How is the information encoded on DNA transferred to cell enzymes that then control the growth of new cells?

Please explain.

BTW - still doubting me? That the DNA Code is a genetic program?

If so - then you've just rejected the Genome Project.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

If the earth and everything on it was totally destroyed today, the universe would continue to exist without us. The idea that it was created solely for us is absurd in the extreme.

I completly agree, not to mention it would be a monumental waste of space.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Yes, summary please. I have been hoodwinked into watching long programs before only to find out they rehash the same subjects that have been debunked a million times.

So, yes, summary please.

ROFL, disregarding the validity of the video, your avatar is of a guy who is in long programs that rehash 'theories' (I use the word loosely) that have been debunked the same anecdotal million times, quite ironic.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Just one question:

Isn't it possible that if life was created it has nothing to do with the God of any religion?

Because if you ask me, creation can be attributed to any other intelligent entity capable or with the know how to create life.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

ROFL, disregarding the validity of the video, your avatar is of a guy who is in long programs that rehash 'theories' (I use the word loosely) that have been debunked the same anecdotal million times, quite ironic.

He's in my avatar because he has poofy hair and a comical look on his face. No other reason, sorry to burst your little bubble.

The program you are referring to is called "Ancient Aliens" by the way, just for future reference.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

You said:

We base our own creations logic on the 'system' already in place, because its familiar to us. Nature, down to the atomic level has alot of similarities with mathematics and raw computer code (binary for example). We created these designs and algorithm's in such a way because other things that exist throughout nature use the same logic. You've got it backwards.

So where did the "'system' already in place" came from in the first place if noone put there in the first place?

Is it chance or accident?

Or was there an Intelligent Source since the "'system' already in place" - shows organization and design.

Unless your saying that what were basing our creations from are unintelligent systems?

But how could that be since it require intelligence to create a system?

know what I mean?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
reply to post by Kryties

Where have you been man? Were you living under a rock?

Is this any type of language for a god fearing man?

Why can't you debate the topic civilly without resorting to that sort of comment?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You said:

We base our own creations logic on the 'system' already in place, because its familiar to us. Nature, down to the atomic level has alot of similarities with mathematics and raw computer code (binary for example). We created these designs and algorithm's in such a way because other things that exist throughout nature use the same logic. You've got it backwards.

So where did the "'system' already in place" came from in the first place if noone put there in the first place?

Or was there an Intelligent Source since the "'system' already in place" - shows organization and design.

Unless your saying that what were basing our creations from are unintelligent systems?

know what I mean?

Scientist always follow the golden rule of coming up with theories excluding creation,even if it means sacrificing the truth unfortunately...

Therefore their work is quite a tedious one,always trying to come up with systems that work without outside interference...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by SavedOne

I've never heard a Christian satisfactorily explain the Dinosaurs though. I had one even tell me the Dinos never existed, it's just a figment of our imagination and the skeletons are merely mineral deposits that look startlingly like bones.

I'm sure not all Christians believe this, but yet I've never heard a satisfactory explanation from them either.

Regardless of my own belief, that is a total misnomer, you must have been talking only to a very fundamentalist sect who have the young earth theory belief that no element of any mainstream religion has ever actually agreed with - feel free to find anything from a mainstream element of any recognised religion that has ever acknowledged that. I'm not saying creation or evolution wins here - I actually think that although we don't have any proof whatsoever, both theories can actually co-exist.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I thnk the line "look outside the box, look at all the evidence and see where it leads" hits home however unfortunatley many religeous people are blind to this concept. Look outside the box, dont just conform to popular belief and question...does God exist just because Im told so?

well Im sorry but there is no evidence God exists...none! so where does that theory leave you?

lol by now you realize that I see far too many holes in this video. The usual attempt to say God exists and created us by intelligent design backed up by poor (and single sided) science is laughable. Also to use bill gates quotes as sttempted fact had me in stitches. maybe you religeous folk should search on bill gates true colors and search the iternet a bit more...youll be surprised at what you find..totaly disgusting!

the use of figures to determine the probability of life forming was also laughable. the universe is so vast that it swallows that fugure up and spits it out. were not talking about putting figures on a single cell developing naturaly in one place, but anywhere in the universe...something competely different and only goes to prove that life almost certainly developed naturaly since the math is absolute on this.

shame I was really interested to watch this but the title of this post is missleading. There is no compelling proof in disputible theories dressed up like facts.

lastly, why focus on life when so obviously trying to prove in God? what about the planets and all the suff that has no infomation? surely he made that as well?..or not as the case may almost certainly be

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Oracle
reply to post by edmc^2

Just one question:

Isn't it possible that if life was created it has nothing to do with the God of any religion?

Because if you ask me, creation can be attributed to any other intelligent entity capable or with the know how to create life.

Unfortunately since God is rejected by the "scientific community" and can only be found in the "religious community" then when it comes to creation - there's no way to separate it from religion.

So as not to get into religion this and religion that, I often use The Creator (God)

And since creation requires intelligence then it follows that intelligence requires a mind (software), a mind requires brain (hardware), a brain requires a head, a body - an intelligent being - in any form.

know what i mean?

question is - who posses this 'super human' intelligence to create such complex things?

chance, accident, time? Or an Intelligent Creator?

tc

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

He's in my avatar because he has poofy hair and a comical look on his face. No other reason, sorry to burst your little bubble.

The program you are referring to is called "Ancient Aliens" by the way, just for future reference.

You don't burst my bubble, I had no bubble to burst. The programs your idol (avatar) is involved in have no basis in any fact yet you chose him as your representation on here. You obviously chose it for a reason and I know the name of the program - one that has imaginary beings doing work on earth that the scary haired guy says couldn't have been done by earthlings - a call to faith but without religion...... hmmmmmm.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Scientist always follow the golden rule of coming up with theories excluding creation,even if it means sacrificing the truth unfortunately...

Therefore their work is quite a tedious one,always trying to come up with systems that work without outside interference...

No they do not. Science is the search for truth, no matter what that truth may be. As it turns out, the truth they have found so far does not support a creationist theory - no matter how much some people wish it did.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

OK, one more time for the dummies.....

My avatar in no way reflects my thoughts towards the program the subject of my avatar appears in. I chose the avatar because he has poofy hair and a comical look on his face and NOTHING MORE....read that again to be sure it sinks in.....NOTHING MORE.

Now, can we stop with the ridiculousness please? You've put a whole new meaning to 'grasping at straws'.
edit on 16/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You said:

know what I mean?

And that's where the conundrum is at and will be - because every time they think they figured it out comes more complex questions - so they dig for more complex answer thereby creating more and more complex questions not realizing that in the end it will lead to one answer - creation requires a Creator.

'Xept of course the Creator - since they can't accept that the First Cause requires no creator - a Self Sustaining Entity - then it's categorically rejected. Although they admit that they accept things that are beyond the realms of science.

For example - infinity or the Event Horizon, gravity, magnetism,RF, etc

(without assigning meaning to this phenomenons - it's impossible to explain them)

know what I mean?
edit on 16-11-2011 by edmc^2 because: (note)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by Atzil321

Its absurd to think that the universe will exist after the end?

I'm sorry but your beliefs are absurd.
How can you seriously believe that the universe will end if the Earth were to be destroyed??
Did you go to school?
Did you study even basic science?

Sounds to me like Catholic brainwashing still works on some people.

You then go on to say
''Thats why Jesus is coming back, to collect His sheep''

What is a sheep? A simple, weak animal that cannot look after itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join