It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compelling and Convincing Evidence that Life was Created! What Say You?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Come on mate, enough nonsense. You are arguing the Christian side, that is plainly obvious, yet you are deciding to play games and pretend you aren't.

It's called being objective. Don't put words in my mouth.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Science has never claimed to know everything, unlike religion.
As I said before, Science has NEVER claimed to know everything, far from it.

I have studied most of the World's major religions and I am not aware of any religion that claims to know everything.
Maybe I have missed the ones that make that claim.

link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
Rise above and transcend religion and non-religion. How you came about doesn't matter. You're here now, that's what matters.

It's a little hard to rise above something that shoves itself in your face everywhere you go, along with creating more violence worldwide then any other cause or group. I will not stop until I have seen the scourge of religion and the lies, violence and brokenness it creates torn asunder and fed to the wolves.

But I do get what you are saying mate, I appreciate the sentiment - if only we all thought like that from the beginning - what a wonderful world we would live in now!

....and what did the Atomic Bomb do? Yeah, thanks for that Science.

link   

LOL, you're still playing games.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

I have studied most of the World's major religions and I am not aware of any religion that claims to know everything.

They seem to think they know enough to scream that all of science is wrong and that a magical man in the sky created us in 7 days and can summon rainbows on command.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

They seem to think they know enough to scream that all of science is wrong and that a magical man in the sky created us in 7 days and can summon rainbows on command.

Who's playing games again?

If you can't answer maturely, then leave.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

....and what did the Atomic Bomb do? Yeah, thanks for that Science.

While you're at it, thank Science for the car you drive to work, the refrigerator you keep your food in, the chair you are sitting on, the PC you are viewing ATS on, the roof over your head, the paper that your precious bible is written on, the printing presses that get your word out........this could take all year but I am willing to go on if you haven't got the point yet...........

Yes, the atomic bomb was wrong, but so were the Crusades. At least the atomic bomb gave us new science and led to new technologies that benefited humanity - what did the Crusades give us again? Oh yes, that's right, millions of deaths and a conflict that continues to this very day. Well done on that.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

But are you aware of any religions that claim to know everything as you stated in your post? If not you should clarify that erroneous statement on the basis of intellectual honesty. You should admit that Science also makes some claims that it cannot prove.

I am also not aware of any that scream the "ALL" science is wrong. Maybe I have been living under a rock. If so, please help me to identify the ones that make that claim.
edit on 11/16/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
Rise above and transcend religion and non-religion. How you came about doesn't matter. You're here now, that's what matters.

It's a little hard to rise above something that shoves itself in your face everywhere you go, along with creating more violence worldwide then any other cause or group. I will not stop until I have seen the scourge of religion and the lies, violence and brokenness it creates torn asunder and fed to the wolves.

But I do get what you are saying mate, I appreciate the sentiment - if only we all thought like that from the beginning - what a wonderful world we would live in now!

And yet you're the first one to throw the first stone by launching on a tirade about religion.

May I humbly ask you to stick to the topic and not derail it to religion this and that - we are discussing origins and video in the OP strictly explains that - no mention of religion. Just the facts jack and hopefully you can handle the truth.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Not me. That response was to the point and on topic.

And no, I will not leave - because you'd like that wouldn't you? Get rid of the people out of this thread that disagree with you then all the Christians can happily discuss why they are so right and everybody else is wrong.

Newsflash - that's not what ATS is about.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Nonsense. The topic is that "Life was created" meaning an all-powerful being of some description which means you are talking about God - hence this is about religion.

Seriously, I'm sure a few of you have frivolously reported my posts to admin - you must be wondering why I haven't been moderated? That would be because everything I am saying is ON TOPIC.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Not me. That response was to the point and on topic.

And no, I will not leave - because you'd like that wouldn't you? Get rid of the people out of this thread that disagree with you then all the Christians can happily discuss why they are so right and everybody else is wrong.

Newsflash - that's not what ATS is about.

No, get rid of the people who can't contribute to the topic at hand. Again, here you go putting words in peoples mouths and attacking Christianity with your one-size fits all billy club.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So if God exists outside space time.... Then that possibly means that humans, through science, eventually create a God near the end of the universe that exists outside of space time... that Humans are God... That this God at the end of the universe, that exists outside of space time could go back in time... and create life.... or that that God, at the end of the Universe could create a new universe... creating an infinite cycle of universe death and rebirth... That every time God is recreated as the creation of a new universe sacrifices said God... So in each iteration God is created by a lifeform through science in order to continue the cycle and save the universe....

So God was intelligently created by a biological species that evolved from a universe that may have been born through the self sacrifice of a previous God that existed outside of space time and was created by a biologically evolved organism through science and technologies...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

reply to post by InnerstellarOne

Considering the OP seems not to care about a summary, perhaps you could provide one? I refuse to watch simply because I don't want to waste time watching something that's been debunked a million times already.

So, want to prove me wrong? Summary please.

It's your lost then.

As for summary - I can give you a summary but you won't like it. So it's best that you come up with your own however absurd it is.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
So if God exists outside space time.... Then that possibly means that humans, through science, eventually create a God near the end of the universe that exists outside of space time... that Humans are God... That this God at the end of the universe, that exists outside of space time could go back in time... and create life.... or that that God, at the end of the Universe could create a new universe... creating an infinite cycle of universe death and rebirth... That every time God is recreated as the creation of a new universe sacrifices said God... So in each iteration God is created by a lifeform through science in order to continue the cycle and save the universe....

So God was intelligently created by a biological species that evolved from a universe that may have been born through the self sacrifice of a previous God that existed outside of space time and was created by a biologically evolved organism through science and technologies...

Looks like you're caught in a cycle but here's simple question for you:

What is the purpose of creation or evolution?

Which one gives REAL meaning to the existence of life?
edit on 16-11-2011 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

link   
The title is misleading.

"Compelling and Convincing Evidence that Life was Created! What Say You"

I don't know how many times someone has to stress this FACT, but this video proves nothing at all.

This is not proof : Everything is so complex that someone must have created it...
Its not even a theory. It can't even be tested. Its an opinion. Its a belief.
The bible has been written by MAN hundreds of times.

People on this planet that have not been living for even 80 years claim they know everything just because they watched a couple youtube videos. Life is complex because in 60 years us humans went from a computer the size of a house, to a microchip smaller than your thumb.

Now multiply that 60 years 20,000 times over again and tell me thats not enough time for something as complex as DNA to form. Oh wait you will...There is no convincing you people.....

link   
reply to post by edmc^2

WOW, you finally actually looked at the first post?

Why the hell do you think I have been so antsy with you hmm? I asked a simple question at the beginning, twice in fact, in the nicest way possible and was COMPLETELY ignored. Only NOW do you look at that question?

I am no longer interested in that video, I gave up when I realised nobody cared enough to answer me. I realised very early on, after being ignored, that this thread was just meant to be for Christians to pat themselves on the back and vilify anyone else who dared enter the thread.
edit on 16/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
The basic argument they use is 'everything is so amazing and complex it has to have been designed by a creator'...

Well it is a legitimate argument. The book "Darwin's Black Box" does a nice job of explaining how the laws of probability do not explain life as we know it. I do agree that it's simply an argument (or theory) though, it's not "proof" that God exists and it should not be offered as such (as it often is).

Originally posted by Atzil321
Their shameless cherry picking of scientific knowledge to justify their world view falls flat on its face once you realize the core belief of their religion is that the universe itself is only 4000 years old.

You're guilty of cherry-picking yourself
This isn't a core belief, and it's not even a widely held belief. If you poll Christians you'll find that very few believe in a young earth. The majority believe (as I do) that the historical record and the Bible are compatible. If you really look into the young earth argument you'll find that it is based on misinterpretation and fuzzy math.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

I've never heard a Christian satisfactorily explain the Dinosaurs though. I had one even tell me the Dinos never existed, it's just a figment of our imagination and the skeletons are merely mineral deposits that look startlingly like bones.

I'm sure not all Christians believe this, but yet I've never heard a satisfactory explanation from them either.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

WOW, you finally actually looked at the first post?

Why the hell do you think I have been so antsy with you hmm? I asked a simple question at the beginning, twice in fact, in the nicest way possible and was COMPLETELY ignored. Only NOW do you look at that question?

I am no longer interested in that video, I gave up when I realised nobody cared enough to answer me. I realised very early on, after being ignored, that this thread was just meant to be for Christians to pat themselves on the back and vilify anyone else who dared enter the thread.
edit on 16/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

no not ignoring you - just a matter of timing but again it's your lost for not watching the vid.

for example in the vid - it showed that the information contained in the DNA is a program just like a computer program only much more sophisticated.

Do you agree that it is a program?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join