It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compelling and Convincing Evidence that Life was Created! What Say You?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

I guess that's the big question, then. Can a program exist without having been written?

Yes it can. The word 'written' implies it was done intelligently. A program can exist without needing to be written by an intelligent creator. We reside in a potentially infinite Universe. Given billions and trillions of years even the most unlikely things can happen. It's really that simple. You can't claim it's impossible for that to happen. Nor can I claim it's impossible God designed the Universe.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
@ 36:25

Lake Tahoeee Representtttt!

Lol you can almost see my house

Haha had to... Sry.

Otherwise a very interesting and informative video. Although I did feel as though it kinda repeated itself in a few places...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

I watched it and it was somewhat entertaining

Im not a molecular biologist but here is my breakdown of it and where I think it is flawed:

The video states the fact that our current, sophisticated organisms require fully functional DNA, RNA, Enzymes and other proteins to exist.
It describes the process of protein biosynthesis and how mRNA is transcribed from DNA (in the current process of transcription) and then asks how mRNA can require proteins which read the genetic code, but yet the proteins need mRNA to be produced... totally dismissing the fact that these complex processes didn't just "pop into existence" but evolved over time...
Just as our current, highly sophisticated polypeptides have evolved from earlier, simpler predecessors over time.

Could these have both come into existence in the exact same time? With the meaningful information for both needed to operate properly?

I'm sorry edmc^2, but I'm not convinced that life was "created"
and there is no evidence for it in this video, although it shows how remarkable nature is and how far life has come.

Here is a quote from the video that I'd like to emphasize:

In any case... the existence of life is indeed a mystery and its an exciting topic for discussion, one which should encourage critical thinking.
I absolutely agree with this statement.
We have yet to understand many of the mysterious processes of life and in order to achieve this, we must remain curious.

I don't think the attitude "I dont understand how this works - therefore it must be God" is very helpful.

ETA:

Originally posted by edmc^2
Warning to Evolutionists
What is an "Evolutionist" ?
?
edit on 16-11-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Its absurd to think that the universe will exist after the end?
Because the bible states otherwise.
But what it does say is that a new universe and earth will be made, but to do that, this evil one under sin has to be destroyed first, Thats why Jesus is coming back, to collect His sheep, so that after the end of this world, and we in are a place eternal in heaven, He can recreate us a new earth, free from sin, never to sin again, because the tempter would have been locked up, and new physics universe will be made, even better than the one we are in now.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Judging from the video, creationists obviously have no clue about quantitative method or probability calculations (or basic biology and medicine)

What a bunch of pseudo-scientific nonsense

edit on 16-11-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

All we need to know is that we exist, and its all written down in a book, Called the bible (y), True story bro.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Great video, are you guys watching the same video? I'm sure with your bias goggles on it may appear very different. it's not about creationism or religion. It's about information science and how the chemical evolution paradigm has not accounted for the information of life. The conclusions are left open.
The researchers are from the fields of information science, microbiology and physics the references used are at the link right at the beginning of the video. They make a very compelling argument.

Thanx OP!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by MrXYZ

All we need to know is that we exist, and its all written down in a book, Called the bible (y), True story bro.

Doesn't prove the book's correct...especially given how many things are demonstrably wrong in that book

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Judging from the video, creationists obviously have no clue about quantitative method or probability calculations (or basic biology and medicine)

With all due respect that is not true. These are your creationists.

Dr. Don Johnson has earned Ph.D.s in both Computer & Information Sciences from the University of Minnesota and in Chemistry from Michigan State University. He was a senior research scientist for 10 years in pharmaceutical and medical/scientific instrument fields, served as president and technical expert in an independent computer consulting firm for many years, and taught 20 years in universities in Wisconsin, Minnesota, California, and Europe. Don is currently a speaker, consultant and author. His latest book Programming of Life examines the information of life and was the basis for the video Programming of Life.

Dr. Joseph M. Miano received his Ph.D. in Experimental Pathology from New York Medical College in 1992. His post-doctoral training was done in Eric Olson’s laboratory at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center where he cloned and characterized several smooth muscle-restricted promoters and initiated the study of retinoids in the vessel wall. Dr. Miano has worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin and is currently working as an Associate Professor for the Department of Medicine, Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute (SMD) were he is focused on the expression regulation and biology of several genes cloned from vascular smooth muscle cells (SMC). He serves as an editorial board member for Physiological Genomics and is a Consulting Editor for Circulation Research and an Associate Editor Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology. He is a Fellow of the American Heart Association and member of the North American Vascular Biology Organization.

Len Ortenzi is a 20-year instructor who prefers to capture his student’s attention by showing them the wonders of science first-hand. So while other professors are explaining the physics of weight distribution and the nature of sound waves, Ortenzi is taking a nap on a bed of nails and shattering wine glasses with high frequency sound energy. His sometimes unorthodox teaching techniques make him a popular instructor on campus, and have helped him land a spot as one of NASA’s Network of Educator Astronaut Teachers.

Quite obviously no clue. LOL.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Doesn't prove the book's correct...especially given how many things are demonstrably wrong in that book

Whats wrong demonstrably to you, is right to us
Infact everything in the bible, provides us with what is true, and what isnt

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Whats wrong demonstrably to you, is right to us
Infact everything in the bible, provides us with what is true, and what isnt

It's just not based on reality as the whole people livign in whales story makes abundantly clear. If you want to believe in fairytales, that's your right...but claiming it's the "truth" is ridiculous given how wrong it is

edit on 16-11-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Thats why Jesus is coming back, to collect His sheeple

Fixed for you.

edit on 16/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Not long after Santa brings you presents, the easter bunny will bring you chocolate. True story... (note the use of the word 'story')

edit on 16-11-2011 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

But of course I would rather want you to watch the program and decide for yourself

It is 44 minutes long.
You're going to have to "sell" it a but harder if you want "evolutionists" to watch it, considering that most of us have heard the same tired old arguments rehashed many times over the years.
How do we know there is anything new or original in this video?

Edit - skipping through the video, its actually what I said earlier, just a rehash of the "all too improbable to have happened by chance" argument, which goes back at least to William Paley in 1802.
Basically, just another creationist lie, since no evolutionary biologist would say that process happened by chance.
Its called "physics".

edit on 16-11-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

I Hope that you watch the vid in its entirety as it explains more than your one liner.
Chance alone can't create even the simplest machine or an organism - no it's more than that.
Have an open mind my friend.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Chance alone can't create even the simplest machine or an organism - no it's more than that.

Ahh but an invisible man in the sky can eh!!!

I C Wut U Did Thar

Sorry for all the images, but in this case they speak more than a thousand words.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

No one's saying it was "chance", you're using a typical creationist strawman

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Thanks for a thoughtful post. I hope that you keep an open mind based on the evidence and. not just speculations.
For example are saying that "time" was the creator of life? If so is this based on facts or just speculations?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Typical response - is your belief (evolution) iso weak that you have to resort to unintelligent response?
Common I hope you're better than that.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I hope that you keep an open mind based on the evidence and. not just speculations.

Please show me evidence of a non-existent figment of peoples imagination? Please, I wish to see concrete evidence of the existence of an invisible man in the sky who can make rainbows on command......

.....wait, I already know the answer.......one is meant to take these things on FAITH alone.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Can you show me a program that does not require a programmer?

Seriously I'd like to see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join