It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Sun equal to God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
My brother always joked about how we should worship the sun as it is the provider of life.
However, the sun hasn't always existed. It used to be just a big cloud of gas, and that doesn't seem very godlike to me.
My belief is we have to go back further for our answer.
The moment right before the big bang when everything was compressed into the size of an atom would be the place to look for god. Imagine every single thing joined together in a single point of pure energy. Sounds rather godlike to me.
Maybe he sacrificed himself so that we could all experience just a tiny bit of what he felt.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

How can you possibly know that? How do you know thats all the sun is? We know nothing about the sun at all, for all we know it could be a living, sentient being that can influence us in ways we dont even realise. It might not be, but at least keep an open mind. We are tiny beings not even beginning to scratch the surface of knowledge and understanding.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
According to Ancient Christian Writings.... (Not my thoughts)

The LIGHT does NOT come from the SUN, i.e. The Sun is NOT the Origin of LIGHT, but instead LIGHT comes Through the SUN, from the Outer "Face" of a Plane (a 2D "Plane")

This Plane is in the Construct of what a few would refer to as The Soul.

The Soul is a Construct, that LIFE Dwells in, and All is manifested in each Soul, which are part of a huge network, playing like a "3rd person video game"... LOL.
But a little more sophisticated than our video games we play on the net today... LOL.

Humanity is the "Story" you are experiencing, just as this little universe is being experienced by your "Real Self", which is LIFE itself, or sometimes referred to as "The True Mind" by Some, "Awareness" by some and "Consciousness" by others.

The Whole experience takes place INSIDE each Soul (Construct) that LIFE is partaking in the game...

The "Real Self" is Non-Dimensional and projects onto a Conceptual "Disc" the Program (Story) you refer to as the Universe... This Disc has more than one Face. For a start it has a near "Face" and a rear "Face". Hence some refer to "The Face of God" (Not the face of a Primate but the Face of a "Plane"). Hence "The Face of the deep".

In the ancient Christian world, the SUN was known as "The SUN of Righteousness" see the Book of "MALACHI" Ch. 4.
Also known as the Cherubim and Flaming Sword pointing in all directions, (Rotating) that keeps the way of "The Tree of LIFE". Eastward in EDEN. Re "The Genesis"...

The One who was reported to speak through the Carpenter 2,000 years ago, was "The LIGHT of the World" or "The LIGHT of Men" which is "The LIFE of GOD"... Re "The Gospel According to JOHN" Ch. 1 verses 1 to 13.

Some refer to The SUN as the LIGHT of The SHIN.

edit on 16-11-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: Syntax errors

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
So who is the god of the Sun?

If you believed that then the sun would have had to create the universe. And when you consider the scale of the universe it would be the equivalent to an ant creating the Earth......

Dont think thats what the OP was getting at...

See i Dont think OP thinks the Sun created the universe, most likley see's it as somthing that came to be due to chemical processes, this is about the Sun From the point of view of earth and how it in many ways can be related to what the basic understanding of god means

BTW OP correct me if im wrong i was kinda applying my thoughts to your post sorry

edit on 16-11-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

Maybe you should have written his post for him then.....

His original question was "Is the Sun equivalent to God" with capital G, not 'a god'. And the thread equates him to the god of the Bible, which Chistians beleive to be the architect of the universe and all within.

If it were merely chemical processes and life creation then you may as well ask 'Are mothers equivalent to god'.....

But you need to looks at this from a non religous objective stand point,

For example... if the Sun to Ancient Man was indeed the bringer of life, the creator, God as we define him now, then for all intesive purposes he could have brought the rest of the universe into exsistance, over time however God is given a persona, as Male is the dominant part of the Human race in most cultures, god becomes a "He" it is him you must appease to bring light, to allow crops to grow, to allow animals to become strong to allow fruits etc. over time the focus shifts less from the actual thing the Sun and becomes Simply He, Him.

As religons develop further, as the incorparate older teachings, older rituals the basis, the vengful god the bringer of life is focused on and the fact the original artifact this was based on (the Sun) is pushed further and further back in its importance. As long as there is somthing to Focus on a "he" no one real questions what "he" comes from.

From a purley objective point of view there are alot of arguments for this....

To look at it further...

The romans (whom ended up incorporating (and in my opinion) almost definetley changing major parts of the christian religon worshipped the Main bodies in space and there movements across the sky, remebering even more so there is very little actual information on the whole Roman empire for its whole exsistance and we have only truley understood its importance to the developing western world in the last few hundered years, then again you have the greeks who worshiped such celestial bodies too, gave them persona's (war, Passion, forgivness etc)

then the Egyptians have left us a relativley small amount of information (in comparison to there reign etc.) in where we are very aware that for a time anyway they infact worshiped the sun as there main deity.

i mention the egyptians as the muslim faith are taught the Jewish religon was bastardised when it was in Egypt from what it was originally teaching previous to its time in Egypt, Could this be incorpiration of the way God or the sun is worshiped?

So now if you look at it from a purley philosophical stand point, you have large western influincing cultures who in recoreded history did infact worship the sun in some form or another, also most of them incorporated/changed or adopted the major religons many still follow at least in the western world, we are aware of the intergration of religons across the board (see pagan Vs christianity) so there is definetley a logical path to the idea that God as we know "him" in modern day religons is based on the much more primitive understandings of the sun.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Good job Gonzo! You have a firm grasp on the meaning of philosophy. You’re thinking outside the box and that’s what philosophy requires and you do it quite well.

It seems that some would have wanted me to explain what I was getting at. If I did that, it would have put constraints on the subject and it would have not required one to think as much. It seems that some want the thinking done for them and that is not the point of philosophy. If one approaches this subject, or any other in the realm of philosophy with preconceived ideas it will close the mind and doesn’t allow free thinking.

A lot of the posters so far want to look at this subject from a viewpoint that includes the teachings of the Bible, and that’s not what I was getting at. Also, I am not saying that the Sun created the universe as a whole. What I am saying is that from the viewpoint of ancient man on earth, who had no Bible to refer to, the Sun is very comparable to the God that we now know in the Holy Bible today. The Bible and its idea of God, and its teachings, have not been around for the entire history of mankind. One has to put oneself in the shoes of ancient man.

One must remove oneself from what is known, think inward, not outward, in order to understand the subject at hand.

You and some others get that and it is appreciated.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ovumcranium
No.

That response must have taken hours to come up with!

Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Would you care to explain your response?
It would be most appreciated.
Thanks

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

I thought it more than succinctly covered an answer to your question. A short answer is allowed when in makes a statement. Your "religion" obviously does not mesh with mine in a very big way.

Thanks for tattling on me so I could lose 20 points - woop woop - I hope you get off on it!!

Did I hurt your feelings again? Going to tattle again??

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ovumcranium

I thought it more than succinctly covered an answer to your question. A short answer is allowed when in makes a statement. Your "religion" obviously does not mesh with mine in a very big way.

Thanks for tattling on me so I could lose 20 points - woop woop - I hope you get off on it!!

Did I hurt your feelings again? Going to tattle again??

As I said before...

Realize that this is a subject of philosophy and not my religious doctrine. It's not my fault that you didn’t understand the subject at hand.

How is it that the ones that are taught from the book that say's “Judge not" judge the most?

As for the tattling.....

The rules stated are not mine, they are ATS's, and they are quite clear.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

no the sun is not god but maybe jesus
as i think the universe is god
the creator of all things

edit on 20/11/2011 by maryhinge because: no edit changed mind

top topics

<< 1   >>

join