It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Establishment seeks to BAN Ron Paul and supporters from all future events

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

lol yes he wants to de-regulate major corporations so they donate to his campaign. Isn't that also why lobbyists don't bother to visit Ron Paul?

huh? lew rockwell was the editor of that newsletter.

Are you implying Ron Paul is racist? because he has openly spoke out about this and so has Nelson Linder, former head of the NAACP in Austin Texas, whom came to Ron's defense on the topic.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

You have put words in my mouth that were not part of my post...I never stated anything about how the PTB would crush his ideas...never said that I simply stated that as president he would not have the power to do what he sau he would do.. If you believe he would do the talking points that he spouts about then vote for him and watch him lose. This man has been in office for 24 years and has yet to accomplish any of his ideas...does he want to accomplish his ideas? Obama ran under the guise of bringing home the troops and has he accomplished it...no he has not. There will always be troops overseas so do not let talking points lead you to a vote.

Mr. Paul has a bad habit of not voting at all on many contoversial bills simply so he can say he did not vote for it. As for contradicting myself well I often do especially when it comes to politics but Mr. Paul's voting record is a contradiction in and of itself...most of the time when he has an opportunity to take a stand he instead chooses to not vote at all..this to me is a man without convictions...he has been in office for 24 years and has yet to accomplish any of his agenda...he has run for POTUS about as many times as Ralp Nader without being elected and he will not win election this time so call me what you will I still say he is a career politician and someone who hides behind no vote at all when many times he could take a stand.

Again I kinda like Ron because while he has been a part of the establishment he does buck the system from time to time but all to no avail just like a vote in our next election would be for Ron to no avail...he will not even come close to winning the nomination and since he has already said he will not run for POTUS as an independent then its all moot because he is done before even starting.

Never said anything about assination either...he is just not important enough...not as a congressman nor as POTUS...any bill the president vetos is subject to an override by congress so he can veto all he wants but when it comes down to it they would override if that is what they wanted.
edit on 11/16/2011 by DJMSN because: Add

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN

...he will not even come close to winning the nomination and since he has already said he will not run for POTUS as an independent then its all moot because he is done before even starting.

Jesse Ventura said he might run for the Libertarian Party if approached, Ron could be his VP. I realize Ventura isn't the most articulate dude ever, but he knows his stuff.

There was also talk Donald Trump would change his mind and run for the Republicans. Yikes.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Hey I like Jesse but seriously...not a chance. I really do like Ron but I still think he is just as much part of the same broken system that he so often rails against that even if by some miracle he won that everything would remain the same...maybe not because he wanted it too but because he would be the text book definition of a lame duck POTUS

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

He has not succeeded in anything in his career as a politician? who told you that? O'Reilly?

How about exposing militarism and the federal reserve to Americans and launching them as national topics for this election?

How about motivating hundreds of THOUSANDS of people to fight for their rights?

How about uncovering of TRILLIONS of dollars of secret bailouts by the federal reserve to domestic and foreign banks? A direct result of his 'audit the fed' bill?

Exposing, fighting, and abolishing the federal reserve is something he has been striving to do before even being a congressman and now that he has the national stage, he takes the fight to another level.

This man, has spent his entire career fighting for what is right, KEEPING HIS OATH OF OFFICE.

You want to compare him to Obama? What Obama did was make a campaign promise, what Ron is saying is his LIFE GOAL, NOT a campaign promise. Don't get the two mixed up.

Everybody loves to say how Ron can't get anything done as President, I'd love to hear a better solution, a candidate with more support than Ron Paul, somebody who can actually get Americans to pick up the phone and demand their representatives to vote with the president or get their ass kicked out of office. Please, name ONE PERSON.

edit on 16-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The federal government has no legitimate authority to infringe on the rights of private property owners to use their property as they please and to form (or not form) contracts with terms mutually agreeable to all parties. The rights of all private property owners, even those whose actions decent people find abhorrent, must be respected if we are to maintain a free society. -Ron Paul

This is Dr. Paul's comments on the "failure" of the the 1964 Civil Rights Act. So racism should be tolerated and supported just because it happens on private property? Is a society that tolerates various forms of intolerance and discrimination "free", or just the private property owners? Where does this Constitutionally end and begin? He wants to throw the baby out with the bathwater. By this standard, if you're a landlord, you can keep minorities out of housing, just because you don't like them. Or keep them out of the workplace.
He takes these concepts to the fringe, which is why he is a fringe candidate. Individual Rights and States Rights are illegal and unethical if they trample the freedoms of others. This is all a veiled attempt at a free-for-all, where anything goes, racism, heroin use, etc. Give me a break. He's marginalizing himself, and all of his followers are mad because they aren't getting their way, just like the Tea Party folks are sore losers who are continually throwing a hissy fit.

I'm going to opt out of this BS argument now, because there is no reasoning to be attained here. This is all a bunch of polarizing, distracting BS that keeps everyone arguing about a guy that has no real chance of advancing politically, while the corporations get stronger, continue to wreck the environment, and exploit poor people and countries.The cops bash heads at protests, and reinforce a police state that is choking the freedoms of everyone, Right and Left.The system keeps on keeping on. Ron Paul can't, and won't change a damn thing. If he were elected, the 2 party corrupt system would shut him down. The system as a whole is broken and is no longer sustainable. The value of money is a mass, mutually-agreed-upon illusion with no real value except what is attributed to it. Countries all over the world are economically imploding. Poulation numbers and food resources are nearing the tipping point. And you think some old guy is going to come to the rescue and save everyone? Really? The game is over, Folks. This situation is inherently flawed, and you want to "fix" it, or "save" it.
Pinning your hopes of salvation on any politician, or group of them, is pure folly. This is bigger than a politician, or the Congress, or the Senate, or The President.

The machinary is breaking down, wake up. Maybe that's the best thing for all of us in the long run.
Think for yourselves, and prepare for tough times. Look after your loved ones, and stop being hypnotized by the flashing lights and rhetoric.
edit on 17-11-2011 by moonzoo7 because: spelling, added content

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

seriously, just give up.

Ron Paul: Mr. Speaker, I rise to explain my objection to H.Res. 676. I certainly join my colleagues in urging Americans to celebrate the progress this country has made in race relations. However, contrary to the claims of the supporters of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the sponsors of H.Res. 676, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not improve race relations or enhance freedom. Instead, the forced integration dictated by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 increased racial tensions while diminishing individual liberty.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 gave the federal government unprecedented power over the hiring, employee relations, and customer service practices of every business in the country. The result was a massive violation of the rights of private property and contract, which are the bedrocks of free society. The federal government has no legitimate authority to infringe on the rights of private property owners to use their property as they please and to form (or not form) contracts with terms mutually agreeable to all parties. The rights of all private property owners, even those whose actions decent people find abhorrent, must be respected if we are to maintain a free society.

This expansion of federal power was based on an erroneous interpretation of the congressional power to regulate interstate commerce. The framers of the Constitution intended the interstate commerce clause to create a free trade zone among the states, not to give the federal government regulatory power over every business that has any connection with interstate commerce.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 not only violated the Constitution and reduced individual liberty; it also failed to achieve its stated goals of promoting racial harmony and a color-blind society. Federal bureaucrats and judges cannot read minds to see if actions are motivated by racism. Therefore, the only way the federal government could ensure an employer was not violating the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was to ensure that the racial composition of a business’s workforce matched the racial composition of a bureaucrat or judge’s defined body of potential employees. Thus, bureaucrats began forcing employers to hire by racial quota. Racial quotas have not contributed to racial harmony or advanced the goal of a color-blind society. Instead, these quotas encouraged racial balkanization, and fostered racial strife.

Of course, America has made great strides in race relations over the past forty years. However, this progress is due to changes in public attitudes and private efforts. Relations between the races have improved despite, not because of, the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

In conclusion, Mr. Speaker, while I join the sponsors of H.Res. 676 in promoting racial harmony and individual liberty, the fact is the Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not accomplish these goals. Instead, this law unconstitutionally expanded federal power, thus reducing liberty. Furthermore, by prompting raced-based quotas, this law undermined efforts to achieve a color-blind society and increased racial strife. Therefore, I must oppose H.Res. 676.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

And what has changed as a result...NOTHING we still have the Federal Reserve System....still have fraud and will always have fraud...he is a voice amoung many and again I do like him but he has no chance and he is in a better position as a Congressman to do something than as POTUS.

He has proposed many bills before congress with very few ever passing..at best he is a voice that stands amoungst the crowd..at worst he is a stumbling block to someone else who could actually accomplish something...24 years I just have trouble with that...he is as much a part of the problem as a solutuion...many times he has proposed term limits but he continues to hold on to office himself...if he believed in term limits he would have left office long ago.

As much as I would like to see him in the office of POTUS its not going to happen and that my friend is the bottom line. I still believe that even if he did win it would be a worthless win and nothing would change

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN

As much as I would like to see him in the office of POTUS its not going to happen and that my friend is the bottom line. I still believe that even if he did win it would be a worthless win and nothing would change

Ok you've stated you'd like to see him win which means you support him and his ideas.

Then you said if he wins, he would do absolutely nothing.

So, you being here, making the points you're making, is an absolute contradiction it itself.

You'd be much better off staying away from Ron Paul threads since you want to see him win but are nothing but negative about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

He's not part of the broken system. He has ideas on how to fix it that scares a lot of people. It's changing what's been slowly broken over the course of many years.
I will agree that getting Washington on-board with the program will be a challenge.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

People have been saying what you're saying since he ran in 2007. That he would never amount to anything, nobody will get on board with him.

Media has been saying in 2007, he'll never poll higher than 4%, nobody will listen to his ideas because they're fringe, out of this world, too far right, he is a kook.

Then in 2011 when his poll numbers rose, they said he's unelectable, he'll never poll higher than 10%.

Now they're saying what? Ron Paul has rocketed to top tier status in Iowa and New Hampshire, the 2 first primary states of the GOP race.

edit on 17-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Yeah, I do give up. You just don't get it. Thanks for playing.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7
So, states rights are the end-all-be-all? That's it? States rights will solve all of our problems? States like Arizona?
Mississippi? Where racsim and racial profiling run rampant?

I know right? If given a chance, a state like Mississippi would vote to ban abortions too, oh wait.

That's the problem with the wingnuts from both sides in this country, your desire to control everybody else's lives.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well, it was miserable to recover my password for this but I do want to comment. A few points! Ron Paul came in 2nd behind Huckabee (barely) in 2008 in my precinct (Iowa - near Des Moines). The town has maybe 250 and the township (outlying areas) maybe another 1000. The overt (obvious - sign in yard) sentiment was for RP. However, others were represented. Huckabee, and other DBs running... We saw the "signs" as it were. This time, however, I see very few political signs (for president) but the only ones I do see are for Ron Paul! It is like a hush around here. That being stated, the people that are speaking out are talking about RP. He will likely win this precinct fwiw. IMO, the establishment keeps putting the different candidates (excluding RP) on the proverbial "tee" and they keep getting knocked off... Ron is basically first in polling here but even the local news have been using some crazy national poll that shows him #5 even while the damn crawl at the bottom of the screen shows him #1 / #2...

With your continued support, that old grumpy a$$ may just win. In the meantime, my fellow Americans, and other lovers of freedom, let us not forget that this is our country and our world. It is our responsibility to care for it and take care of each other. RP, Obama, Santa, or the tooth fairy are not going to do it. It is our responsibility to honor each other in Love.

Thank you for reading and God bless!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Right and Left.The system keeps on keeping on. Ron Paul can't, and won't change a damn thing. If he were elected, the 2 party corrupt system would shut him down.

The establishment rejecting Ron Paul and his anti-establishment ideas.

Sounds about right to me, you just contradicted yourself. Just like the other gentleman in this thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Yeah, I do give up. You just don't get it. Thanks for playing.

Next time why don't you just start your own thread on why you hate Ron Paul instead of trolling and hijacking with your half thought out arguments?
I mean, seriously. It's the same old crap with you, fox and others.
There was a great discussion going on here and the OP deserves credit for starting it.
Fox tried to derail it earlier with her somewhat witty one-liners...and failed.
Your attempt was a bit better only because your knowledge of Ron Paul and politics in general are so obviously just surf / copy / paste, it gave us plenty of ammunition.
Or maybe next time try to stay on-topic, put together a thoughtful post...even a semi-intelligent one will do, and we'll all play along!
Unless playing along means you just get your jollies causing static?
Trust me, we can play also but would rather keep this civil and stay on topic!
edit on 11/17/2011 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Funny that you call others psychopaths to defend a sociopath.

America has lots of both because our culture has come to the point where "empathy" is about as naughty a word as "motherf-r" used to be.
edit on 16/11/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

I doubt you even know what empathy is...

Not to mention the fact that yoru BS, like always, has NOTHING to do with what is being discussed...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This is just another example of TPTB trying to remove Dr. Paul from public view. I sincerely hope that more than just Ron Paul supporters were booing Romney and applauding Paul.

Originally posted by davereality
I seriously don't get why America has so many psychopaths?

Don't single us out, look at the rest of the world too.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by davereality

Funny that you call others psychopaths to defend a sociopath.

America has lots of both because our culture has come to the point where "empathy" is about as naughty a word as "motherf-r" used to be.
edit on 16/11/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

If you have an opinion; wonderful, state your opinion and defend if challenged.

You must have something more important to do than just bash Ron Paul supporters and attempt to make yourself feel superior to others by trying to belittle them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join