It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Establishment seeks to BAN Ron Paul and supporters from all future events

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say that Dean Allen just made a fool of himself. If this is taken seriously, and Ron Paul is removed, it will only help out Paul in the long run. There's no such thing as bad publicity, right? Well, that's not always true, when running for office. Yet, with the consistency of Ron Paul, and the respect that he has shown to the members of Congress over the years, I doubt it would hurt him.

People can try all they want to demonize Ron Paul, but any 'idiot' can see that this is simply not true...

Dean Allen can try all he wants, but his wish will never be granted. It weird that he chose to use the language in which he did, using words like Ron Paul idiots, obnoxious, flabbergasted, crude, deplorable, furious, and atrocious. If this man is serious and thinks that this approach will gain any ground, he is sadly mistaken. Nobody in their right mind is going to take seriously an argument in which contains this type of language. You start calling names, and you have already lost the argument.

Then Dean Allen, goes on to say that Ron Paul doesn't know how to behave in a polite society? WTH? I would love to see one example of this... such a joke.

If there is one example, I would be surprised.

It's also hilarious that he included his phone number... I think he knows what will happensd, and he is expecting for there to be phone calls and messages threatening him or talking trash. Then he is going to take these sound bites and use them in his favor... AHhhhh the tactics, gotta love em.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
Please forgive me. the website didn't "Quote" as I had wanted, but the website containing the quote is:

www.stuffedsuits.com...

Absolutely right on. This is exactly what I am talking about. If Ron Paul's supporters continue to act like spoiled children, they will continue to be treated like spoiled children.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

We're not the ones acting like spoiled little children, it's you who needs to grow up and accept you were wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

If they adopt these measures and are successful against Ron Paul then you know democracy has utterly failed in America.
Although the 2000 election cycle already did a good job confirming this.

It might interest you to know some things Ron Paul has had to say about democracy:

Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.

We go about the world, fighting to spread democracy and tell them how to live, but we really don’t have a democratic system… The laws have been made to make it very difficult, because the Republicans and the Democrats aren’t looking for the competition, they want to monopolize it.

Without precise meanings behind words, politicians and elites can obscure reality and condition people to reflexively associate certain words with positive or negative perceptions. In other words, unpleasant facts can be hidden behind purposely meaningless language. As a result, Americans have been conditioned to accept the word "democracy" as a synonym for freedom, and thus to believe that democracy is unquestionably good.

The emphasis on democracy in our modern political discourse has no historical or Constitutional basis. Yet we have become obsessed with democracy, as though any government action would be permissible if a majority of voters simply approved of it.

Our country is not a democracy. Our nation was founded as a Constitutionally limited republic, as any grammar school child knew just a few decades ago.

ronpaultalks.blogspot.com...

Food for thought.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Right on, JPZ. It always irks me when people refer to our form of government as a democracy.

"...and to the republic for which it stands..."

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by NightFlight
Please forgive me. the website didn't "Quote" as I had wanted, but the website containing the quote is:

www.stuffedsuits.com...

Absolutely right on. This is exactly what I am talking about. If Ron Paul's supporters continue to act like spoiled children, they will continue to be treated like spoiled children.

Sounds like you agree with the Establishment then?
So When Ron Paul gets booed everything is just fine right? but when the Establishment favorites the Establishment get overreacted and threaten to Ban Ron Paul from the election and the debates and somehow you dont have a problem with that?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Even though the booing is incredibly childish I agree. People have the right to act like children all they want. I may vote for Paul, but the behavior of the supporters is often embarrassing and I imagine Paul probably does not appreciate it either.

Remember last time all the radicals running around saying Paul supported them so much he had to publicly state he was not part of them. He is a magnet for irrational people at times. Not his fault though.

They won't do this. It's just a rant by someone.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I refer to the boorish behavior of the Ron Paul idiots who repeatedly disregarded clear instructions to tone down the lengthy, and at times inappropriate, applause. Then these same fools crossed a line and actually booed a Republican candidate who was speaking.

That is true. I wonder why Paul supporters don't understand they harm their hero by acting like children. Why not help him get elected instead of making it appear he is a nut magnet?

They don't need to ban anyone, but the supporters need to grow the hell up.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I hate this country more and more everyday

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If anyone needs to grow up its cbs giving him only 90 seconds out of the debate then lying about online poll numbers. Sounds like a diversion tactic to me to deflect away from the real problem of a BIASED media.

And of course pro establishment people in this thread wont see it that way.
edit on 16-11-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

is it weird that i agree with this? what is it about americans, and more specifically us whites that are so prone to socio and psychopathic tendencies?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I refer to the boorish behavior of the Ron Paul idiots who repeatedly disregarded clear instructions to tone down the lengthy, and at times inappropriate, applause. Then these same fools crossed a line and actually booed a Republican candidate who was speaking.

That is true. I wonder why Paul supporters don't understand they harm their hero by acting like children. Why not help him get elected instead of making it appear he is a nut magnet?

Nonsense. They booed because they didn't agree with Romney's silly establishment policies and people are sick of it, and it's driving this country in to the ground. You call that childish eh? What about when (as pointed out in this thread several times now) Paul gets booed because of his policies by those who want more establishment? Should we ban those people too or call them childish as well? Be honest now. I have not seen anyone opposing Paul supporters answer that question, let alone acknowledge it.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

while I do agree that some of RP supporters are a bit childish, do you really expect to win this campaign standing at the corner of the room with your arms folded? especially when the media and establishment deploys some of the dirtiest tactics we've seen?

The only difference between Ron Paul supporters and Ron Paul haters is that the supporters actually take the time to show up and be heard, the haters will just whine and scold online but never physically show up to do anything.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler and TheWalkingFox

Here are other puppets who want to silence the American people. The reason Ron Paul supporters shout , is because the media is corrupt and when corruption creeps into our political system. the people must shout out. The GOP and media are owned by special interest who profit from the perpetuation of wars.
The Ron Paul supporters know it. Freedom must ring load and clear!!!!!!

If you are happy with the way the country is going you sign up for the next war with Iran, make sure you are on the front lines. If you are happy with the way the country is being ran, during the next bail out you make sure to gather all your funds and donate it to to the corporations and banks being bailed out

If you enjoy having honest politicians like Nancy Pelosi (lol) do not vote for real change..

Lets continue to ride this country into a mirrored image of the roman empire.

HOWEVER for the majority and rest of us who are tired of the same BS flowing out of the mouths of the same corrupt clowns we will vote Ron Paul. 30 years of not flip flopping, never voting for a congressional raise and predicting the financial bubble burst.

Right now the way things are the constitution might as well be used to wipe my ass the next time i take a crap.

Finally a honest man with integrity and a proven track record of honesty steps up to the plate to try and save this country and people like you tear em down. Shame on the lot of you!!!

edit on 16-11-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Well said. I try to explain this to the DailyPaul crowd every once in awhile, and it's typically not well received.

It's certainly not all of us, and a good many do realize the problem, but...eh. I wonder if it's mainly because of the youthfulness of a good chunk of the supporters, or some sort of arrogance derived from their elevated view of Paul and the message? Probably both...I wish they could keep the enthusiasm and temper it with more common sense and a bit of Paul's example.

edit on 11/16/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is a good sign, all it means is Ron paul is picking up steam and the established Federal Reserve sucking, Corporate sponsored, for hire politicians are actually getting scared of Him.

I'm thinking he could actually win! I'm going to vote for Him in the NY primary.

Best Wishes

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Really?

I attended my state convention here in CA where Ron Paul won the straw poll and everywhere I was at, Ron Paul people were just chatting amongst themselves, never being rude to others. Did we get loud? hell yes, when Ron Paul walked by it was a storm of cheers, smiles, and energy.

By your logic all Ron Paul supporters are fanatical, nutjobs that are immature and childish and I saw none of that. We were the majority there and saw some young adults wearing the same Perry shirts, and they were paid to be there. None of us engaged them in the manner you spoke of, some of us even chatted them up without being overbearing. One of the Perry guys took off his Perry shirt and threw it on the ground saying: "screw this!"

Keep spreading your hate while the rest of us work to get RP elected.
edit on 16-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Like it or not, when people on tv see Ron Paul supporters on tv with hippy hair and look unbathed and unprofessional, that is all it takes to wipe out a demographic of voters. It shouldn't be that way, but it is. I agree with the people saying RP supporters need to act more professional, that's what wins in America.
edit on 16-11-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think all Ron Paul supporters should go down and occupy news stations about with signs about the media blackout.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It's the media's fault though. If he was given a fair shake people wouldn't feel like they need to do something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join