It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Establishment seeks to BAN Ron Paul and supporters from all future events

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

If they adopt these measures and are successful against Ron Paul then you know democracy has utterly failed in America.
Although the 2000 election cycle already did a good job confirming this.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Who is Dean Allen and why do we care?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I was wondering that as well. Does this guy really have that much clout?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If you can't beat them, ban them. I guess that is the brave new world the GOP sees for us. Well, this is precisely why I am CONSERVATIVE, yet will have words with anyone who accuses me of being Republican. The two can be and ARE two radically different things in many cases.

The GOP and the Liberal Left can just jump off the cliff from their respective extremes. Those of us remaining in the right and left center territory can go on to work together in making a nation we can ALL look upon with pride in the end. We just need to flush the ideologues and political animals from BOTH the Liberal/Progressive Left and the Far Right wackos.

Hey Hey, Ho Ho, Political tools HAVE to go!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
If you can't beat them, ban them. I guess that is the brave new world the GOP sees for us. Well, this is precisely why I am CONSERVATIVE, yet will have words with anyone who accuses me of being Republican. The two can be and ARE two radically different things in many cases.

The GOP and the Liberal Left can just jump off the cliff from their respective extremes. Those of us remaining in the right and left center territory can go on to work together in making a nation we can ALL look upon with pride in the end. We just need to flush the ideologues and political animals from BOTH the Liberal/Progressive Left and the Far Right wackos.

Hey Hey, Ho Ho, Political tools HAVE to go!

I am with you on that..

The R and D next to a name means nothing
they all can be as corrupt as the next guy..

I think Dean is pulling publicity stunt.

Who has heard of him>? HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS NOW..

This is an attention seeker getting his name out there
and put this image on as he is some good guy
*saving* SC from Ron Paul..

It is a huge circus that's all.

Hey hey ho ho MEDIA WHORES HAVE GOT TO GO

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Just shared that video on my FB (yeah yeah yeah... I use it to post political crap) and thought my comment there, could be reflected here as well:

‎"I don't like that people like you! I don't like what you say! I don't care if you won the straw poll here, in my state! I DON'T LIKE YOUUUUUUUU GRRRRRRRR...."

That is basically what Dean Allen is saying here. Oh noes....Perry the Parrot got booed for condoning assassinating US citizens without fair trial! Ye gawds~

PS: Since Perry the Parrot is swiping ideas from Ron Pauls' campaign, we should try to get that nickname to stick!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

this is going to get really interesting for all concerned in the 2012 elections,I have a feeling the true political criminals will be rearing their ugly heads,and doing everything possible to see Ron Paul lose the nomination....R.P 2012!if he doesn't get the nomination by political chicanery all hell is gonna break loose..should be interesting to say the least

edit on 16-11-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stryde

I was wondering that as well. Does this guy really have that much clout?

Yep, wondering that, too. Here's a blog from SC that might explain it a bit.

In the end, however, I think we'll find that this is just another case of Dean Allen being a whining blow hard. He'll huff and puff for a while and then go away with his tail between his legs--another case of a sheep in wolf's clothing and a true bellwether for the old guard GOP in South Carolina.

Not sure who Dean's GOP pick is but its obviously not Mr. Paul.

(Scroll down to second entry)

www.stuffedsuits.com...
edit on 16-11-2011 by NightFlight because: Illogically misquoted a logical quote.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So, the Republicans have gone a liberl-ly on the establishment. If you don't like what they're saying, shut them up.

I haven't voted for a Republicrat in over a decade and this is why. I'm still holding out hope that RP joins the libertarian ticket!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The mainstream blue bloods in the Republican Party have just completely lost their minds. There is one thing that Ron Paul could do that would scare the holy crap out the GOP establishment. He's retiring from the House after his term so he could leave the party and run as an independent, threatening to split the vote and giving Obama a second term, fracturing the GOP in the process.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Can we open a Facebook Presidential poll ourselves without it getting deleted? A poll with all the candidates and that shows just how many people do want RP elected.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think that they have already spent the $$$$ that the next Presidential puppet will have to back up. That is why they try to ban RP.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Dean Allen, a GOP establishment suit in South Carolina is seeking to BAN Ron Paul and his supporters from all future GOP events in the state and have him removed from the ballot.

You capitalized the wrong word...let me fix it for you:

Dean Allen, a GOP establishment suit in South Caroline is SEEKING to ban Ron Paul...

I think it's ridiculous that anyone would propose this, but it's also ridiculous how you are misleading people with your title, and overemphasis of the word ban.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Well, I am curious....
Dean Allen: GOP Candidate Raffles Off AK-47 At South Carolina Campaign Rally Called "Machinegun Social"

Facebook

UH OH! Looks like Mr. Allen has a lot of new fans!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Dean Allen, a GOP establishment suit in South Carolina is seeking to BAN Ron Paul and his supporters from all future GOP events in the state and have him removed from the ballot.

You capitalized the wrong word...let me fix it for you:

Dean Allen, a GOP establishment suit in South Caroline is SEEKING to ban Ron Paul...

I think it's ridiculous that anyone would propose this, but it's also ridiculous how you are misleading people with your title, and overemphasis of the word ban.

Respectfully sir, Dean Allen is PUSHING to ban Ron Paul, Ron Paul's supporters, give Ron Paul his money back (in the State of South Carolina), AND get each county to remove Ron Paul's name from their GOP ballots.

Quote from Stuffed Suits (an SC GOP Political Blog)

Email from Dean Allen to SCGOP Chairman Chad Connelly and several others:

Date: Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 7:23 PM
Subject: Disrespect shown at Presidential debates
To: [email protected] . . .

Hon. Chad Connelly
Chairman
SC GOP

Dear Chad,

I attended the Presidential Debate last night at Wofford College. Overall, this was a wonderful evening. Everyone was well dressed, and it was an opportunity to visit and socialize with so many dear friends who share my love for the SCGOP, our state and our nation.

The debate was a chance to showcase Wofford, Spartanburg, and the SCGOP to a national audience.

However, there was one glaring problem that ruined our enjoyment of the debate, and was a major embarassment to all of us in front of a national TV audience.

I refer to the boorish behavior of the Ron Paul idiots who repeatedly disregarded clear instructions to tone down the lengthy, and at times inappropriate, applause. Then these same fools crossed a line and actually booed a Republican candidate who was speaking.

We all have strongly held beliefs. Most of us are supporting one of the candidates and have strong disagreements with a few of the others. However, we have been raised by our parents to show some manners, dignity, and respect for ourselves and others that is clearly lacking in the Ron Paul supporters. You simply do not boo Republican speakers at Republican events. This is particularly offensive when it is done for the specific purpose of embarassing the SCGOP and our candidates before a national audience.

One of these Ron Paul supporters, Brian Frank, was seated directly in front of me in the audience last night. He was one of the worst offenders. I noticed he was gone after the first hour of the debate and wondered if perhaps he had been ejected from the arena for his repeated misbehavior? He called me on the phone this morning and told me why he left after the first hour.

You will find this hard to believe it is so obnoxious. He said, he and many other Ron Paul supporters were only in the audience for the specific purpose of booing other candidates; and, after the first hour, because they were no longer showing their rear end to a national TV audience and embarassing us, they then left!

I was flabbergasted! Not only did they act in a crude and disrespectful manner; they actually had no interest in the proceedings, other than to disrupt them. There were hundreds of Wofford students who did not get tickets to the event in the lottery. There were hundreds of long time GOP activists who did not get tickets. These Ron Paul supporters had tickets, misbehaved, and then walked out of the event. This is simply deplorable.

I am furious about this. I feel like someone who has been stolen from, or victimized in some other manner. I am also frustrated that this very small minority of the people in the audience were able to make all of us look disrespectful to a national audience.

I believe this is a pattern of intentional misbehavior by Ron Paul supporters, that appears to have the tacit approval of Ron Paul himself because HE does not ask them to stop misbehaving and show some respect.

I believe in all future SC GOP events, we should either ban Ron Paul supporters, or, ban Ron Paul himself.

Frankly, if there is any legal way to do it; I believe we should give Ron Paul his money back, take his name off the SC GOP primary ballot and tell him to go join the Occupy Wall Street movement since he clearly has no respect for the Republican Party and does not know how to behave in polite society.

One Wofford professior did speak to some of them about booing during the debate. All they did was laugh at him, ignore his pleas for decorum; and, continue to misbehave.

Unless you, and the SC GOP Executive Committee take some action and sanction Ron Paul in some manner, this atrocious pattern of misbehavior is likely to continue to be repeated; further eroding respect for the SCGOP and its Executive Committee.

I urge you, and the Executive Committee to take some action on this matter, if it is nothing more than a public

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Quote, continued:

I believe in all future SC GOP events, we should either ban Ron Paul supporters, or, ban Ron Paul himself.

Frankly, if there is any legal way to do it; I believe we should give Ron Paul his money back, take his name off the SC GOP primary ballot and tell him to go join the Occupy Wall Street movement since he clearly has no respect for the Republican Party and does not know how to behave in polite society.

One Wofford professior did speak to some of them about booing during the debate. All they did was laugh at him, ignore his pleas for decorum; and, continue to misbehave.

Unless you, and the SC GOP Executive Committee take some action and sanction Ron Paul in some manner, this atrocious pattern of misbehavior is likely to continue to be repeated; further eroding respect for the SCGOP and its Executive Committee.

I urge you, and the Executive Committee to take some action on this matter, if it is nothing more than a public censure that is communicated to the mass media and includes an apology to Wofford College, CBS, the National Journal, and the American people for the boorish and highly inappropriate behavior of Ron Paul supporters.

As you know, law enforcement was very visible and on high alert to prevent the Occupy Wall Street crowd across from the campus from marring our event. Regrettably, we allowed the same sort of behavior from Ron Paul demonstrators inside the arena and no action was taken to remove them at the first offense.

I plan to bring a motion to censure the Ron Paul supporters before the next Greenville County Executive Committee meeting and I hope it is copied in other counties as well.

Respectfully,
Dean Allen

Text

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Please forgive me. the website didn't "Quote" as I had wanted, but the website containing the quote is:

www.stuffedsuits.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Having attended the last state convention where Ron Paul supporters were in attendance, I can see why South Carolina wants to do this. Paul supporters are frequently described as being "enthusiastic." That's not quite the right word for it. People are being extraordinarily polite when they say this. I would say they are completely out of control. They act like children in a food fight in the lunchroom. When someone else is speaking they yell and scream. They intentionally disrupt orderly proceedings. They constantly interrupt. They bring up arcane and irrelevant procedural points intending to shut down the convention. They act very much like the Far Left does, and they say a lot of the same things. They are bullies. They think yelling at a higher decibel range lends credence to their cause and makes them look bigger than they are.

They're also not above cheating to get their way. You can see this most often in the straw polls. Ron Paul supporters breathlessly announce each new straw poll on every Ron Paul website and blog admonishing supporters to rush on over and vote. They spam the polls, then proudly proclaim that Ron Paul "won." When their behavior is pointed out they blithely reply that other candidate's supporters could do the same thing. Yes, they could cheat, too. But they don't, because they are grown ups. They also know that straw polls are meaningless precisely because of what Ron Paul supporters do to spam them.

The fact is, Ron Paul's average polling numbers in scientifically valid polls have fallen since this last summer to about 7% today. That's the big elephant in the room that Ron Paul supporters ignore. They run around with their fingers in their ears yelling, "I can't hear you!" at the top of their lungs hoping these poll numbers will just go away. They won't.

7%. That's what you've got.

Anyone looking objectively at one of these Ron Paul crowds has to come away with the sure knowledge that they are completely insane. they're whackos, nutjobs, and drama queens. It's like being at a religious revival meeting. You expect them to break out the snakes at any moment. They're not the kind of people that you really want to be around. They don't act in a civilized manner. As more and more people observe Ron Paul crowds in action, what do you think they do? Do you think they run iover to join the fun? No, they say,

"These guys are nuts."

Ron Paul's supporters are Ron Paul's worst enemy. If Ron Paul's supporters acted in a more rational manner, Ron Paul's numbers would be higher. There's little chance of that. It's been four years since the last go around started and Ron Paul's supporters are acting exactly like they did last time. They haven't learned a thing.

Ron Paul is going to lose, again, and it's no one's fault but your own.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That guy's a weak little cry baby according to the link. Like it says, nobody made a stink about Ron Paul being boo'ed at the CNN debate. Doesn't seem like his angry email is going to go too far, especially now that it's seen the light of day.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Really? Keep telling yourself that, but he's up in the new "scientific" polls in IA and NH, to a point where even the media is acknowledging that his surprising surge. The cream is finally rising to the top. Sorry Ron Paul supporters get on your nerves with our enthusiasm, but there's a lot riding on the election. It's not just a game for us where we can afford another status quo sleezebag in office.

He may be the victim of a virtual media blackout — and moderators largely ignored him in last weekend’s foreign policy debate — but Ron Paul is on the rise.

Two polls released this week show the Texas congressman surging to second in Iowa and New Hampshire.

The Bloomberg poll of likely Iowa caucus-goers was taken Nov. 10-13, and it puts the Lake Jackson Republican one percentage point behind leader Herman Cain, with 19 percent of the vote to Cain’s 20 percent. The top four candidates in Iowa actually find themselves in a statistical dead heat, all falling within the four-point margin of error. After Cain and Paul come Mitt Romney (18 percent support) and Newt Gingrich (17 percent).

The new poll reflects a seven-point increase for both Paul and Gingrich since the last poll of Iowa Republicans taken in late October by CNN and Time. Cain has lost only one percentage point since that poll but has jumped to first place, buoyed by Romney’s five-point loss since October.
blog.chron.com...

edit on 16-11-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join