It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[F&R] Do you believe in NDE's and OOBE's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
(Based on a true story.)

The day was warm, mid-summer, and that morning I chose to wear a blue t-shirt and denim shorts. I was off to do charity work, which I always do for people who ask, and in this case it was a member of my mom's church that only had 1 car, the husband on disability from a recent heart attack, and the wife working part-time. Their car had busted a brake line, no brakes and not driveable, elderly folk, and since I fix things, I got a call from my mother two days earlier asking for my help. I agreed. Am druid, will travel to help.

Mom drove me out to where they lived, her best friends in the church, after I had loaded up my toolbox with everything I could think of for the job. I enjoyed the summer air whistling through the car with the windows down, the warm air fresh and clean. It was a ride, as they lived in BFE, and 45 minutes later we were there.

I inspected my patient, a 1983 Dodge Aspen. I had no money to buy them a new car, but I could fix the one they had. It was blue, minor rust, in relatively good shape. Since they lived in the middle of nowhere, they had a gravel driveway, ouchy, but I dropped to the ground and looked underneath. Uh huh, there's the spot that corroded through. The spot was in the front portion of the brake system.

I jacked the car up, and removed both front tires, and proceeded to remove the entirety of the front brake line. Within 15 minutes, I had it removed, and told my mom that we had to go to the parts store for a new section of brake line. The nearest parts store was 30 minutes away.

An hour later, I was back in the driveway, carefully bending the new brake line to match the old. Satisfied it matched the old configuration, I crawled back underneath, to attach it and tighten the brackets back down.

Little did I know that on the thin gravel driveway, the jack had sunk and shifted in the soft earth. In retrospect, I ALWAYS use jack stands now, and I only work on cars firmly parked on concrete. I still do charity work. Just more careful now.

The re-bent brake line fit perfectly, and I only had to tighten 10 brackets to make it OEM specification. On the 9th bracket, as I was working merrily away, almost finished with the job, the jack had reached it vertical tolerance, and collapsed side ways, with myself under the car.

The rotor is behind the front wheel, and when you take the tire off, it represents itself as a formidable 1/2 inch thick blade.

The car collapsed, it's full weight balanced on the rotor, on top of my head. Instant pain, like none I've ever experienced. I tried to move, but I couldn't. I was pinned.

I called out for help, and heard a distant flurry of activity. I struggled to free myself from under the car, but 2500 pounds of weight was crushing me into the gravel driveway, pinned in place by the rotor on my cheek. I squirmed, and wiggled, my back being ground into hamburg against the rough gravel, but I couldn't move. I tried lifting the vehicle off of me, to no avail.

The excruciating pain against my head made me focus again. I looked out from my eyes, and a yellowish liquid was flowing past my field of vision, covering 1/3 of my eyesight. It soon turned red.

My body relaxed. I quit struggling. I lay they, watching the blood and yellow ooze flowing across my field of vision, and I was helpless to move my arms to wipe it away. I watched it flow, and the pain disappeared.

I felt lighter. By now, the liquid was covering my eyes completely, and I didn't need to blink. I drifted away, and everything got brighter. I floated towards a light, brighter than any I've every seen, and it was warm, and loving. I felt pure love, and peace. It drew me in. I heard sirens in the far distance, but I was floating to a perfect place of pure harmony.

A voice whispered, "not yet", and in that instance the pressure was released from my head, and I wiggled out from under the car in a heartbeat. I found myself surrounded by EMTs, sirens wailing, yet what did I say as I stood back up?

"I need an ice pack, NOW!"

One was instantly handed to me, and I pressed it against the left side of my cheek, the spot where the rotor impacted my skull. As the cool ice soothed my re-found pain, I realized a plethora of EMTs were asking me questions, trying to determine my coherency. I told them I just wanted the ice, and I staggered for a bit until the ice numbed my pain. Ahh.

The paramedics wanted to give me an ambulance ride, for head x-rays, but after being satisfied that I was perfectly coherent, they left the option for my mom to drive me to the emergency room. She did.

I got a full run of x-rays from every angle, and there were no fractures or broken bones in my head. I did need two stitches on my left cheek, and I still have the scar, it healed as a red dot, a reminder. They cleaned the burger on my back, and it healed as well. (It's why my avatar has a mask. I'm working on a new avatar idea.) My head swelled up like a pumpkin, but 2 weeks and a bottle of horse pills later, I was normal once again.

Physically, at least, as much as that means.

That experience left me changed forever. I received a message, in my mind, and that is why this contest has spoken to me, and the simple reason I've been entering so much.

An inch or two higher, and the rotor would have crushed my skull, my head exploded like a teenage boy's pimple. A few inches lower and it would've crushed my windpipe instantly, cutting off the flow of oxygen to my brain. It landed directly between my upper jaw, and lower jaw, and the tissue in-between acted as a cushion. I stayed conscious throughout the whole ordeal.

The message? Sort of what this contest is about. Forgiveness. Humanity. Fixing mistakes. Being better. Overcoming differences. Knowing the concept of Love.

I'd like to believe humanity is on a path, a rough and bumpy one, floundering around in the darkness, and that someday we'll find our way to where ever it is we're going. I have a lot of hope for us. I really do.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
some ignorant people attribute nde's to lack of oxygen to the brain. but you were concious thru out the accident.

did the emt tell you not yet. that means he realized you where dying, legitimizing your experience.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
How funny..I just posted an interview with a lady who had a very compelling story to tell about her NDE..it really is worth listening to..if you get a chance take a listen..just look for my post Cheers Coco

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I could breath freely. No lack of oxygen. I struggled vigorously until the fluids ran across my vision. I thought I was going to die. I'd like to add that an addition of adrenaline, due to body stress, was released into my system, as well as a healthy dose of '___', which is produced by the pineal gland in times of duress.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

My experience was in an instant. The voice, then fading backwards, then the pressure release. The EMTs didn't talk to me until I crawled out and stood back up, and they were amazed that I could stand. The EMTs started with the basic questions, "What is your name?" "What date is it?" and "How many fingers am I holding up?"

There is no reason to suppose one of them said "not yet", before asking me about my basic coherence level. They follow a strict regime when addressing accident victims.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Druid. When reading your stories, I feel like I've been privileged to read your personal Journal.

Thank You...

Des

new topics

top topics

join