It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media is ignoring Ron Paul? Prove it...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I see threads here all the time saying 'Paul was winning this poll until they took it down'... or 'the media isn't covering Paul at all because they know he will win'...

Keep in mind I don't watch the news I channel surf.
While flipping through I came across msnbc interviewing RP. I watched this for about ten minutes because I think he bring up very good viewpoints on major topics.
When it ended I continued my surfing and found myself on Fox. They were playing a clip about RP but I didn't watch it. When I came across another news channel(I forget which one it was), they were also reporting on Ron Paul.

Now while I'm not a hardcore news watcher I have seen him 3 times in less than 20 minutes on various networks.

Not calling the people claiming he's unjustly getting pushed aside liars. Just thought it would be nice to see a little proof from you guys. As an 'average' news watcher I don't see where you guys are coming from at all.

P.s. I didn't watch the debate but I heard he got about 30 seconds worth of time in about an hours span. Don't tell me "what" they do. PROVE what they do.

Edit: MODs feel free to move if in an incorrect forum
edit on 15-11-2011 by Athin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ron who?

never heard of the guy.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The reason why you might have seen him today is because he was tied for first place in the most recent poll from last night......That's why.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
RP polled 19% yesterday, just under Cain who is on his way down.

Go visit CNN and click on 'politics'. I currently cannot find RP's name on the page, which we all know is utterly ridiculous. Huntsman's name is even on the page.

There's a big story about Newt. Newt? Is this some kind of joke? Hasn't the USA already been down that road?

Once your eyes are opened to how biased and controlled the MSM is, you can laugh and cry with the rest of us who know and see it clearly.

Now, I admit that occasionally the MSM covers RP because they HAVE to, but other than that small exposure he has been blacklisted by TPTB. Come on, 89 seconds in a televised debate for the guy who just polled 19%? Let's get real.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Mind controlled paulbots are programmed to say that...over and over and over and over and....

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

They admit they do it. Watch the last clip where Fox News intentionally says, "Ignore Paul, but if you get a chance to get a shot of Palin, send that," and they both laugh!

This one from 2008.

His Campaign Manager called out CBS as "Disgraceful."

Bill O'Reilly intentionally leaves Ron Paul out of polling.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The real video starts about 1:00 minute in.

'nuff said.
edit on 15-11-2011 by getreadyalready because: fixed embed

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

"All the world's indeed a stage." They are playing their part and it is only make believe to make the sheeple think there is a tenuous democracy.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The mere existence of bafoons like herman cain and rick perry are proof that the media will do anything not to cover relevant, important issues, much less push RP's views.

I watch and follow the news propaganda machine. I can see its trends and cycles and patterns. It starts out mild and in the beginning they at least covered Ron Paul. problem was everytime he had a chance to interview that dumb blonde on fox news would ask him the most ridiculous questions (one time regarding a letter to his election campaign office asking if he was gay and kissed rick perry on the lips or something...) of course, all just antics to waste air time and not let his ideas escape.

They did the same thing with the OWS movement and now the propaganda is in full swing. it started out by not covering it at all, then it got so big they HAD to cover it.
So they put negative spin on it any way they could, but they couldnt single out a leader so they attacked the "message" which was accusing the movement of NOT having a central organized idea.
When that became OWS strength, the media started planting A HOLES in civilian clothing and instigating turmoil.
I also saw footage of cops disguised in civilian clothing picking fights with protesters so the nypd could intervene.
Then the provoked attacks with gas, and riot gear, guns..
then accusations of rape, murder and you know how it goes from there.... all since the beginning of the movement until now.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Journalism.org did a study that proves it..

Journalism.org: Project for Excellence in Journalism - How News Media And Blogs Have Eyed The Presidential Contenders During The First Phase Of The 2012 Race

as if half-witted observation skills weren't enough to convince

edit on 15-11-2011 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2011 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Look at the amount of air-time the other candidates get compared to Paul. In your surfing, I bet you'll see Cain, Mitt, Perry & Newt a helluva lot more.

See the Media has given him air time on interviews, but the reporting that happens all day on all the MSM outlets are geared toward the other candidates. The debates are geared toward who MSM says the top-tier is.

The proof is staring you right in the face on TV and here if you spend some time instead of just surfing and asking us to do your homework.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
if you still can't see how the media is playing favorites, and that it matters no matter who they discriminate against (even Bachmann), and how it leaves the media exposed as liars with zero credibility.. please.. tell me what it would take?

Seriously.. how much more obvious and blatant must they be before you say enough is enough?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Only candidates who are getting "BIG MONEY" are touted by the MSM, because that is where their paycheck comes from. (big money meaning too big to fail corps and individuals using their money to protect themselves)

If my boss gave a candidate lots of money, I am guessing that bosses ownership in the media would prevent said media from telling the truth. Such is yellow journalism. Having said that, if the OP is a avid "MSM" watcher than OP only hears what they want you to hear the way they want you to hear it. If op uses common sense the propaganda is endless. They are trying to make you happy to have your work devalued so that they can build an empire that is doomed to fail.

Localized economies in history have been the only successful economies. PERIOD. Every empire falls, so why build an empire, why not use wisdom and learn from the past's mistakes without repeating them. Such is the definition of wisdom.

As for Ron Paul he is the logical candidate for any man or women who intends to raise a family or otherwise and be free of government. People who want to have value to their work so that they don't have to get a loan for things they need like school, and medical care. Your dollar has to be worth something to make that happen, a system built on debt filters all the money to those giving the loans, THERE SHOULDN'T BE THE NEED FOR SO MANY LOANS. And this is one of a million reasons why any American that has some common sense would vote Ron Paul till the end.

You thinking the media is not ignoring Ron's message, are being mislead. Ron's message is free markets, TRUE capitalism where EVERYONE who works benefits, and has enough to take care of those who don't or cannot work. Society is meant to be LOCALIZED not GLOBALIZED. For those that think globalization is a step forward, name one successful empire that still exists.

Ron's message is RESTORING THE VALUE OF THE MONEY YOU EARN.

Rons message is WHAT AMERICA TRULY IS

RONS MESSAGE IS WHY EVERY COUNTRY ENVIED OUR REPUBLIC

RONS MESSAGE IS FREEDOM to be YOU. And not be stressed by having to have a perfect credit score, you wont NEED FREAKING CREDIT.

EDIT: When Hilary Clinton touts that America is losing the "infowar" what exactly do you think that means? You think MSM is telling the truth, and people are just not buying it anymore? The truth is people have more information and can make informed decisions better than ever. Meaning if you are actively looking for the big picture, it is very clear what is going on. Rich people and corporations are funding people who will protect them and their interests. If common folk vote for these individuals, we are ignorant.

edit on 15-11-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
FWIW, I kinda of think that this is happening because "the establishment" think Ron Paul *would* win. Every major media outlet can be traced up the ownership chain to major defence (or rather offense) contractors. Why would they want a candidate that wants to pull back from unneeded, unsustainable wars?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you want as proof, for many of the people here don't have the time or the knowledge of gathering all of the appropiate data, and then applying it to the reasoning of beliefe that Ron Paul has been 'blacked out' by MSM....

One bit of information in which supports the notion that Ron Paul has received unbalanced coverage would be from IBM's Many Eyes project in which showed that Ron Paul uttered only 258 words during the last GOP debate, which people such as Mitt Romney spoke 1,262 words....
www.thestatecolumn.com...
Ron Paul’s beef with CBS News gathers support

Sometimes, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and smells like one... Well, it might just be a duck.

It seems that these claims aren't just preaching to the choir, but are actually having an effect, because it does seem as if he is gaining more attention since the CBS debates than before.

BTW....

Google Search: News

Ron Paul, Google Search: News
About 9,420 results (0.17 seconds)

Mitt Romney
About 16,300 results (0.16 seconds)

Rick Perry
About 19,400 results (0.16 seconds)

Herman Cain
About 23,500 results (0.18 seconds)

Is this a product of ill intent, or just a product of MSM and what stories make headlines... who knows, not me

Having said that, Ron Paul doesn't get the attention the others do, this is obvious. I'm not too sure if you are playing devils advocate here or not...

Here's some more examples....
Go to... www.foxnews.com...

Now lets see what is what... who is talked about...
Well, today I see...
Articles...
""Hangouts" with Mitt Romney"
"Perry Pushing A Part-time Congress"
"Iowa Conservative Group: Romney "Disses" Base by Skipping Forum"
"Power Play Video - Kucinich on Obama's Iran Policy: "Too Eager To Put Military Options on the Table"

Fox News Polls
Fox News Poll: GOP Primary Voters Propel Cain to Top of Pack
Fox News Poll: GOP Race Top Tier Now Romney, Perry and Cain
Fox News Poll: September 11 Attacks

Hmmm... where is Ron Paul on that 'Top Tier Now Romney, Perry, and Cain list?
Considering...
Ron Paul In Statistical Tie For Lead In Iowa Poll; Does He Have A Shot?
www.mediaite.com...

Honestly, I could play this game all day, but I don't have the time, unless you are willing to pay me(which sucks to say).

It's as simple as reading the paper, going to MSM websites, watching the news... I'm not even going to dive into the plausible reasons for you not seeing this happening, rather, I suggest taking a second look.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
FWIW, I kinda of think that this is happening because "the establishment" think Ron Paul *would* win. Every major media outlet can be traced up the ownership chain to major defence (or rather offense) contractors. Why would they want a candidate that wants to pull back from unneeded, unsustainable wars?

Nailed it on the head.. and the defense contracting connection is just what's documentable. Beyond that, the elite that manipulate how our society evolves know that RP won't play ball with their war-mongering, globalist agenda of control. He stands for everything they fight against: freedom

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
He is gaining ground in Iowa polls, so the MSM has to throw him a bone to keep the facade of creditably somewhat intact.

Channel surfing is not proof either, so please indulge in many of the ATS threads that shows the evidence you seek!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

True, but I think there's a bigger picture than that. Since the internet has opened up an entirely new source of information that was not available prior to 20 or so years ago, people have been doing what people will naturally do -- seek answers to the questions they have about their governments and the world.

That being said, people are finally discovering that the government is in many ways a sham with regard to monetary policy and the (now global) monetary system. The Federal Reserve is a symbol of the ultimate scheme. Loan money you do not have to a nation, then collect interest on money you do not have.

If I have 10 bucks in my pocket, but I have the clout to write a note that says $1000 and it is valid currency, then I am able to lend that to someone so I can collect interest on it, haven't I just established a complete scam?

Every American citizen is born with a public debt over their head. You are in debt from the time you take your first breath. Unless... you are one of the elite, in which case you have freedom from your real wealth being touched by the government.

Ron Paul is the first serious contender to take on the Fed since JFK, and we know what happened there.

He is a threat because THEY know that HE knows how they take what they want and do whatever they want. He has kept his knowledge of how they rape America close to his vest so as to still carry on his campaign. If he put all the cards on the table about how almost all Americans are enslaved with debt by inherent design, he wouldn't last long.

I believe in 2 possibilities. 1) Ron Paul will not win the Republican primary and therefore Obama will win another term, or 2) Ron Paul will get elected and go the way of JFK.

I do not see another Republican candidate who can win the Presidency, and even if one of them did, they are all part of the establishment and will not deviate too far from what we already have. Just more of the same.

The unsustainable wars referred to are simply another way of creating more debt with more spending, with the side benefit of obtaining the resources of other countries.
edit on 15-11-2011 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
You can get a few examples here manipulation and lies in the media documented with Ron Paul examples. It only address a few of the ignored poll's, but it shows its not only ignorance but direct manipulation of the people.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
No response from the OPer?
2nd

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join