It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you wont vote third party why vote?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I don't get it...The choice to vote people in and out and every year we choose between Hitler and Stalin. Can somebody explain why Stalin is so much cooler than Hitler?

The lesser of two evils is evil and always will be evil.

Please don't tell me I don't have the right to bitch bitch because I don't vote. If you do I might punch you in the face.
edit on 15-11-2011 by RightWingAvenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
last time a 3rd party won? anyone know.. its obv ilumi controlled cause they get the money for adverstising and all that jazz..

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The only people I will vote for have no affiliation with Reps or Dems.

The corruption of our two political parties is known.. you won't change it by voting for them.

Whoever I vote for may not win.. it doesn't mean it wasn't the right vote.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

Please don't "punch me in the face"
, but I vote for the person I like best, sometimes 3rd Party, sometimes not. That OK, do I need a Hockey Mask? Just kidding of course.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
cmon do you honestly think your the first person to have this thought? everyone knows that the two party system is a sham. the terms "republicrats" comes to mind..

but this election we luckily have Ron Paul who is running as a republican currently, but of course his views are that of an independent.
Some speculate that he is only running as a Republican to get coverage in the debates (which isnt working out well) and may switch to running as an independent if he can get the funding.
dont you understand it takes lots of money to run as a independent.

go take a happy pill and read a history book.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Out of well over 300,000,000 Americans you can only choose from two for the highest office in the land, in the most corrupt government on the planet.

A choice of two that had to raise raise millions upon millions to campaign for their party's nomination.

Are you going to vote democrat or republican?

Any other vote is a wasted vote, and a vote for either of the above a trap.

Welcome to the real United States of America.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is why I chose not to vote for Democrats or Republicans or anything!!!

One they will say stuff to make you believe thats what they will do once they are in office!!!

Two after they win the political election either Democrat or Repubican once they are in office they don't do what they said they would do so it was a big WASTE!!!

Three it's a constant cycle that keeps on going and going!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Like I always say...

Put a box so I can vote no confidence, and I'll vote.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Sadly I think it comes down to the fact that most Americans can't/won't think for themselves and therefore default to "herd mentality" voting for the lesser of two evils because the "other guy" can't win.

I would not be the least bit surprised if less than 10% of Americans could even NAME a 3rd party (i.e. Green Party, Libertarian Party, Constitution Party etc) let alone name one of their actual candidates.

In my opinion the blame lies mostly with the media. They cram the republicrats down our throats 24/7 with little to no mention of anyone else. Because the media is owned by the same corporations that benefit the most from keeping things the same, so have little incentive to encourage any sort of change.

If Ron Paul is on the ticket in 2012 he will certainly get my vote, other than that I will be voting 3rd party.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Any other vote is a wasted vote

That's what they tell us to get us to despairingly vote for one of the two major parties. Don't buy into it. If a citizen votes their conscience - it's not a wasted vote.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Voting is a waste, THEY CONTROL THE VOTES.

Even if not one single person in this country voted, we would still see the GOV voting themselves around.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sykonot

there are degrees - things being relative and all that

if you want to see democracy well and truly mocked - watch what's about to happen to Russia
edit on 3/3/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

If a citizen votes their conscience - it's not a wasted vote.

agreed - it's all we've got

that and the freedom to speak up and to protest

that's a vote of a different color :-)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sykonot
Voting is a waste, THEY CONTROL THE VOTES.

Even if not one single person in this country voted, we would still see the GOV voting themselves around.

sykonot,

I agree with your statement they control the votes!!! Votes are controled because if you look at it in a sense say their is a certain percentage of people who don't vote. I'm not sure what the number is of people who don't vote, but say for example 42% of people don't vote in the Untied States when it comes to elections that is a big number of people who aren't voting and affects the ballot and on who can win the elections. So what do you think they do to make up for the 42% of people who didn't vote in the election they end up voting themselves in office by doing secret illegal things to either help their campagin and win/everything in that nature. Thats my opinon on this topic. So shows that votes are controled!!!

new topics

top topics

join