It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit Your Political Party Now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think Partisans are lazy people who let others think for them and vote as they are told to vote. If you don't care enough to know about the person you are voting for, you join a Party. That's what made this mess in the first place.

It's easy to change your registration and send a message. If enough people switch to Independent, good people could run for office.

Ask yourself, does your Party represent you or do you just let them think for you to make it easier? You belong to a Party because you agree with them and like what they are doing, or is it because your parents were members?

This divisive two Party nonsense is not working for us, it's working for the bad people in office right now. No matter who is in Congress or the White House, does anything change? No it does not.

Send them a message and change your registration to Independent (depends on State, here it's undeclared). You can still vote for whoever you want, but it might just send a message that will do some good. It's peaceful and hurts nobody.

If you can't do that in your State, why? To control you?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

yeah and make sure to send the message that we don't need leaders who get elected by being racists.
this country is a melting pot. just leave it there, and quit trying to make this all the fault of race. i'm so sick of the racist crap.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think nearly everyone agrees with that. What we need to do is find out what we agree on. Letting them or the radicals who want to control us keep us divided is just plain old dumb. As long as we are at each others throats instead of working together, we are too easy to control. The Parties only interest is in keeping us hating each other.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
**Applause**

I wholeheartedly agree that the first step in turning this enormous mess around is rejecting the both sides two party system. Time to shake our governmental etch-a-sketch and start over

Easy S and F for this one

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
In half a dozen states there is no provision for declaring a party registration, you just can't do it. But I like the idea for the other 44.

How in the world did racism get into this? Would you please explain your point?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
In half a dozen states there is no provision for declaring a party registration, you just can't do it. But I like the idea for the other 44.

How in the world did racism get into this? Would you please explain your point?

the republicans did a good thing by helping to liberate the slaves.
the democrats did a good thing by helping to get rid of stupid racist laws.
BUT THEN, they went hog wild in the opposite direction by enacting tons of racist laws, and got themselves re-elected on the basis of racism. they accuse anyone who disagrees with them of being racists (not all democrats, i mean the ones who get elected on the pretext of racism).

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A Political Party is the same as a cult.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The way I see it is that Race is now just another tool they use to divide. Seems that way to me.

Glad to hear it's possible in that many States. Sad you can't do that in all of them.

Here Independent is a Party, so I have to register undeclared which is like Independent in other States I think. I take the word literally as independent of any Party.
edit on 11/15/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Other countries ahve a bigger mess with more parties. You'll wish you had what you have now if you change. But then again, when did Americans ever listen to anybody else.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Other countries ahve a bigger mess with more parties. You'll wish you had what you have now if you change. But then again, when did Americans ever listen to anybody else.

oh gee, welcome mr. stereotype to the party .
yes, when i get up in the morning i do my daily exercise of not listening to what other people say, by ignoring their opinions.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

My proposal is actually no Parties. Each Candidate stands or falls on their own.

I also would like to see all fundraising and money removed from the process which would be easy despite the lies they tell. Then that would eliminate the ability to buy favors.

All campaigns funded equally and equal time provided for debates or for campaign ads. No advantages for anyone.

I'm just referring to national elections here. We own the airwaves and all broadcast media could be required to provide the time as part of their licensing.

This sticks in my craw a bit, but the equal funding should all come from a pool of money and come from taxes.

I don't think its even a bit controversial. What is insane is what we have now. How can anyone be honest and get in office? They cannot and the system is rigged that way. Follow the money.
edit on 11/15/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

join