It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush will Win the election and we can't stop it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Who actually thinks that Kerry will win? Bush has got this in the bag no matter how much has gone on around the world to try and take the RNC out of the spot light he is going to get the big boost he needed. If its not enough, Cheney's going to have a heart attack and he will choose either McCain or Guiliani for his running mate.

I don't want him to get elected again but we can do nothing to stop it.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I don't want him to get elected again but we can do nothing to stop it.

Well, we can VOTE...
At least that's my plan....

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
bah, yeah. But are you really voting for Kerry cause you like the guy? Thats the fatal flaw of the Democratic party.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'll be voting for Kerry because I think he'll do a better job that Bush will by far. He's not my ideal candidate, but how often do those come along.

I have a lil theory that the guy with the most imitatable voice always wins. That, unfortunately, means Bush, but I still have some faith in the American public not to be duped again and fall for his song and dance.

What's very frightening, is that if he wins a second term, he wont worry so much about not being re-elected, and his stunts and raping of our rights will be even worse than before. If the administration doesn't have to compete with someone, what is there to lose?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yes, you're probably right, Bush is going to win. I give him a 85-90 percent chance. However, I still plan on voting and getting as many people as I can to vote. That's really all I can do...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm betting we'll have record turnout for this election. Everyone is so very polarized.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I haven't given up hope because there is still a lot of undecideds out there and the polls seem to shift from day to day.

He may get re-elected, but nothing will save him from history, he will go down as one of the worst of all time. And his stupidity will be mocked forever.

There's still 60 days to go though, a lot can happen. The best thing about him winning would be the nulification of future witch hunts by Conservatives. They currently worship an idiot former drunk who clearly dodged the draft and couldn't even serve honorably...not much they can say about future candidates opposing them unless they want to straight up lie like the Swift Boaters did.

The Swift Boat people should be ashamed, they totally lied just because they were pissed about his actions after the war, complete losers I say.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The Swift Boat ads were by people who were there and served with Kerry. No one will know what really happened because its proven that he did embellish on his purple hearts. So the truth is once again dissolved by so many questions unanswered.

The biggest case against Kerry is his voting record and that is was a puppet to Kennedy for years in the senate. His testimony that pissed off all the swift boat vets is now working against him. His whole campaign premice is working against him because he put way too much focus on being a Vietnam vet. He asked for this and I am amazed that they had such little forsight due to his history. I don't blame the swift vets, I would be furious too if I came home to a country hating me due to him. I cannot see why they thought of Kerry as such a strong candidate. The Democratic Party really needs to stop looking for the "anybody but bush" candidate, they really need to find somebody with a true passion. ....not Dean

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
VOTE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT!!!

WE still have to deal with the "evil ones", the electorial college...

cant stop them...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You may be right on this one build319, if bush work the elections the way he did in the last ones he will steal them all over again.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Ahh, sounds like wishful thinking is giving way to realization of the serious POTENTIAL of a Bush reelection.

Marg,
Bush stole the election because Gore WITHDREW in the end, even before the supreme court decision? Laughable.
Gore could have tried to tough it out for his supporters but he quit.
I wont divert this thread more on this BUT IT WOULD BE TOO EASY TO DO SO.

Flinx says,

If the administration doesn't have to compete with someone, what is there to lose?
How soon we forget that we citizens, while not wielding direct power on the President, we DO have alot of influence with the CONGRESS.
HOLD CONGRESS ACCOUNTABLE...dont just let them pass legislation to give to the President to sign...tell them you'll demmand their RECALL if they do something you dont want them to do....and then actually turn off the tv and get up off your butt and mobilize and MAKE IT HAPPEN.
There ARE options. We the people seem too lazy and ill informed to actually effect this however. Dont blame Politicians for utilizing our apathy for their advantage.

The die is yet to be cast...
ANYONE BUT KERRY!

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sadly......I too think he will probably win and the Bushers will be all jumping around in rejoice......then when the #@$# hits the fan we ALL get spattered with it
!

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You guys are right, we vote Kerry in to disarm are military. Puts in the no gun law, how are we going to defend our country? For gods sake, the renecks can't even have guns to defend themselvs. Bush dosn't care what people think of him. I like that.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
A couple of thoughts. The swing voters absolutely do not matter one bit. They are such a small portion left. I believe this election will be decided by which ever party gets the higher number of it's base to vote. In all elections they have problems getting their own people (Dem or Rep) to actually go to the polls. So whichever candidate can light the biggest fire under their own party will most likely walk away with the election. The swing people, not enough to matter.

Also Laxpla Kerry would never disarm the military. His votes against military hardware was when we were reducing our military size, Cheney as part of DOD was also against these same systems. Kerry will not leave our country unable to defend itself, that is the stupidest aurgument I have heard in the republican campaign yet. It is not whether or not we have the military might but how we use that power. That is what you vote for this time, both will protect you. One will do it with diplomacy and strength the other with arrogance and force.

As Bill Mahr said last night about Bush. Why is it that the worst thing that ever happened to us (9/11) has become the best thing that ever happened to you?

[edit on 9/4/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Flinx says,

If the administration doesn't have to compete with someone, what is there to lose?

Huh? Where did I say that?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You may be right on this one build319, if bush work the elections the way he did in the last ones he will steal them all over again.

The U.S. Presidential Election in 2000 wasn't rigged. But that discussion has been had a thousand times already...

Besides, the attention the U.S. Presidential Election of 2000 got guarantees that in the U.S. Presidential Election of 2004 the entire system will be watched very closely. Neither Bush nor Kerry would even think about trying anything, even if they wanted to. And yet there are extreme liberals who will think that, if Bush wins, the election was automatically 'rigged' somehow...

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You're probably correct in your assumption that bush will win. I will still cast my vote against him, but the worthless bastard will undoubtedly rig it somehow.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Flinx,
If this a misquote, im sorry, i could have SWORN there is a post missing on this thread....i know i cut and pasted this....and pretty sure it was you, on this thread...
Mabey i was up WAY to late i think.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Flinx,
If this a misquote, im sorry, i could have SWORN there is a post missing on this thread....i know i cut and pasted this....and pretty sure it was you, on this thread...
Mabey i was up WAY to late i think.

Nope, never typed that in this thread. Not even sure about the context. Eh, whatever...no matter.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Well seeing as Bushes smear campaign has now prompted a pentagon investigation into Kerrys medals i think he's just about lost. Even if it comes out in Kerrys favour the damage would have already been done. Cant the republicans win anything cleanly without cheating or smearing their opposition? I've pretty much conceded the world has to put up with another 4 years of aggression and global tyranny before we get a chance to live without fear of having bombs dropped on us

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join